X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Doubt it. Most college kids would wilt in the summer sun while doing actual manual labor...
    What's the pay and hours, of this hypothetical gig?

I did manual labor a few summers a go (helped bale hay), and would be willing to do it again if no one else was hiring, so long as I wasn't having to work from 6 am to 9 pm for 3 cents an hour.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I used to build log homes. The job was operating a eight pound sledge hammer driving foot long galvanized spikes every two feet in every log. They use screws now because wimps can't handle a sledge and break the handles missing the nail head. I drove them all day long for three months. We would quit at 5:00p, eat BBQ and spend the rest of the evening fly fishing the Henry's Fork. That's how I spent many summers growing up. I stocked bricklayers too. Unless you've done some hard physical work in your live you don't know what work is. At least by the end of the day you can see what you have done. It's rewarding. I have spent too many days in an office wondering what in the hell I was doing there and what we were accomplishing at all. LOL!
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
        people work too hard for minimum wage.
        lmao!

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          lmao!
          Brilliant rebuttal, fuck-for-brains. When you're doing maximum work for minimum wage, talk to me again, until then you're uneducated so kindly shut the fuck up.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VanHalener
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wP7-QwmKFhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wP7-QwmKFhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Brilliant rebuttal, fuck-for-brains. When you're doing maximum work for minimum wage, talk to me again, until then you're uneducated so kindly shut the fuck up.
              Bullshit!

In high school I started cleaning construction sites for the whopping sum of $3.35 an hour. From there I started stocking bricks and blocks and moved on to making mortar for less that $5 per hour. During that time I went to school for A/C and refrigeration and worked in that field but I wanted to lay bricks instead, so I gradually learned masonry on the job. By the time I finished nursing school I was making $8 per hour laying bricks in 1989...

I enjoyed every minute of it and never once did I think I was working too hard for too little money...

I was happy to have a job that I liked!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Bullshit!

In high school I started cleaning construction sites for the whopping sum of $3.35 an hour. From there I started stocking bricks and blocks and moved on to making mortar for less that $5 per hour. During that time I went to school for A/C and refrigeration and worked in that field but I wanted to lay bricks instead, so I gradually learned masonry on the job. By the time I finished nursing school I was making $8 per hour laying bricks in 1989...

I enjoyed every minute of it and never once did I think I was working too hard for too little money...

Yeah, and in all that, you NEVER ONCE stopped and thought of some CEO making a hundred million a year for playing golf - NOT because he "worked for it" and was educated for it but because he was BORN into a position where those doors were open to him - and thought it was slightly unbalanced?

I can understand and appreciate the fact that you enjoyed your job, and maybe even THOUGHT you were being paid a fair amount for it (newsflash - YOU WEREN'T).

But if the notion that other people in the world who were no better than you weren't even doing half the amount of work that you were were - and were getting paid HUNDREDS of times over what you were making didn't occur to you even once, you're either not human or your story is complete bullshit and you'll NEVER convince me that you're too self-righteous and proud to have thought otherwise.

Give me a break, seriously. Maybe a five year old would swallow that as some kind of abject morality lesson in working hard and taking pride in it, but we're all a bit above that simplicity.

Maybe going back to backbreaking minimum wage work would wake you up to that reality. God knows it did for ME last year and it was a real nice reminder.

Don't sit there and blow sunshine up my ass about how people should be "satisfied" with less.
                Last edited by bueno bob; 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Bullshit!

I also busted my ass when I was a kid. I use to bust tires after school and on the weekends. It didn't take me long to decide I didn't like hard, dirty ,thankless work. I think most smart people realize that shit sucks and decide to better themselves through education so they don't have to work like that anymore.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                    I think most smart people realize that shit sucks and decide to better themselves through education so they don't have to work like that anymore.
                    Exactly, but where's the incentive if minimum wage is say, $15 per hour ??

And if minimum wage is set at say $10 per hour, why not $15, why not $20 or more ??

We all know money grows on trees, and any given employer no matter how large or small has unlimited funds to pay as many employers as he can sign up...

Riiight...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

And hey Bigheadbobby, name me a successful CEO who was "BORN into" his position...

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Duh

And hey Bigheadbobby, name me a successful CEO who was "BORN into" his position...
                        Your hero the former President fell into a few gigs (besides the Presidency) due to family connections - certainly not via his stellar educational or corporate track record...

Remember he was CEO of a oil company, and owned a ball club, I believe (?) - and ran them both into the ground...before he did the same thing to the country.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Oh, Bush ran the country into the ground ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

And I said SUCCESSFUL CEO, jayforgayname...

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                              I also busted my ass when I was a kid. I use to bust tires after school and on the weekends. It didn't take me long to decide I didn't like hard, dirty ,thankless work. I think most smart people realize that shit sucks and decide to better themselves through education so they don't have to work like that anymore.
                              This is illogical and unsustainable.

Everyone is a servant. It is the obligation to society that the one being served cares well for the servants under their stewardship.

Menial tasks must be done. It is a disservice to society to not provide the means of thankfulness of a job well done to a steward. When a steward cheats a servant out of well being they are cheating society.

Jobs maybe hard and dirty, but an honest days work for a well governed steward is a thankfulness toward a society.
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I say this baboon lipped emmer effer that never had a real job is running the country into the ground...

Comment

Working...