Julia Gillard to remain Prime Minister of Australia with support of two independents

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant
    Sniper
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dan
    Grant,You Are Welcome Down Here In New Zealand.

Grab A Sheep And A Beer.
    May it be a Warriors v Dragons final then.

Comment

• shaggydoo
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2005

Huh! First female Prime Minister of Australia?

Holy shit! You mean to say Rudd was man???

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Grant
        May it be a Warriors v Dragons final then.
        I Hope So.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dan
          I Hope So.
          dan, my man, i've started an nrl finals thread in the locker room.
          it's gonna be a wild ride...

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Sweet As,Mate.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Grant
              Sniper
              • Feb 2005

"There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead..."

Well, well, well...surprise, surprise!!! What we have here is not only an atrociously incompetent Prime Minister, but, dare I now say - a deceitful Prime Minister!! - with all her Pinocchio-like features, that has now reached wicked and despairingly new lows - that are quite simply just unprecedented in Australian political history.

All newpapers should've ran this headline (the chopped one, obviously):

Julia Gillard is a. if you found it funny dont forget to thumb it!!. A little shocked . ratt. Lrg.). icried up the rolled newspaper. . . .. if POLL: Fai; surges

On the other hand, maybe she, technically, didn't lie - as we all know she's just a puppet for bloody Bob Brown (aka Bob Down) and Christine Milne nowadays...all drummin' to the tune of "Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows..." And the bearded princess, Rob Oakeshott, will just support anything they throw at him since he's nothing but a Labor stooge.

Hopefully, for the moral good of the nation, we need to see them gone sooner rather than later - where's Sir John Kerr when you need him? Even if Combet or that weedy runt Shorten take over it'll still be, sadly, just same shit different smell. If there was to be a change of leadership I'd prefer it be either Stephen Smith or Simon Crean, they appear to be the only ones with any moral fibre that are left within the Labor Party.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I can't believe all the ill-educated dumb-fucks in this country who were stupid enough to bother to vote for this patronising, manipulative, self-serving, back-stabbing, plagiarising ("Yes we will!"), irritating-speaking, adulterer-homewrecking, ranga bogan for our Prime Minister.
                It's good to know the people in the US aren't the only stupid voters on the planet.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

mal 4 pm.

Comment

• Grant
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
                    mal 4 pm.
                    Did you watch Q&A last night too?

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

yep, never miss it mate. i do seriously think mal would be a great pm. •activates flame shield•

Comment

• Grant
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2005

Yeah, Turnbull is a brilliant speaker and parliamentary performer, and also comes across as an amiable fellow - I thought he gave a great reply speech back to Rudd in 2009 over the stimulus spend-outs. I too was actually glad when he took over the leadership, and then initially disappointed when I heard he was replaced by Abbott (but he's probably bit too aligned to the Left for a Liberal leader).

Q&A is a fun live debate - I watch it every so often, depending who's on the panel. Probably best ones (or least most interesting) I've seen was when there were no pollies on it, Geoffrey Robertson and Tariq Ali were guests. And, when John Howard was on it - and some hippy wanker (girlishly) threw his worn-out shoe at him...
                        Last edited by Grant; 03-01-2011, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

yeah agree mate, he's also a formidable businessman and you get the feeling he wouldn't make a goose (gander?) of himself on the world stage.

Comment

• Grant
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2005

Agreed. Yep, I don't see him talking like a depressing drone, mispronouncing 'negotiate', blowin' up about being "ratfucked", or causing female flight attendants to burst into tears...

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

dude... he's like the cool elder uncle... the wise old sage who somehow taps into gen y's bubble... he's got nothin to prove, and he knows you know it. but in a completely unwanky way. he's the david lee roth of aussie politics.

edit; i bet unchained is on his ipod.
                              Last edited by ashstralia; 03-02-2011, 05:30 AM. Reason: more dlr

Comment

• Grant
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2005

Yeah, I gotta admit he is a cool cat for a pollie...great to have him. I used to work across the road from his MP office in his Wentworth electorate, where The Chaser boys used to hound on him.

So then, who's the Spammy McHagar of Aussie politics?...eagerly awaiting your answer

Comment

Working...