X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    Yeah, but you don't fight back by tearing down homes of innocent civilians and clearing neighborhoods for occupation. And you don't respond by shooting a helicopter missile into a peaceful crowd holding signs (that incident occurred two months ago and was virtually ignored by the major media outlets...it's straight out of the RUNNING MAN, for Christ's sakes). Stopping terrorist acts means two things:

1) kill the terrorists
    2) look at the reasons for all the unrest

They're not concentrating on either. They're simply using each terrorist act as an excuse to take away more Palestinian civilian rights and then inflicting more violence, further provoking disgusting terrorist action. It's basically the same thing as Bush's reaction to 9-11. He never went to the root of any problem...he just saw it as a license to settle a lot of old scores and make a lot of money.
    I don't believe this is totally true though the media would have you believe otherwise. The use of excessive violence is never acceptable and Sharon's government has definately been guilty of this. The aim should be to kill terrorists as you say. But as those terrorists hide behind civilians it makes this quite difficult.

Any criticism from the US at this stage seems hypocritical as their war on terrorism is as the Israelis argue the same one they're fighting.
    Any solutions? I don't have any.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

No solutions...but this endless expansion of occupation that's been rising up off and on over the years makes it worse. Make no mistake...the terrorists are disgusting. And there are some real bastards that are killing people simply because they hate Jews. And there's no justifying such behavior...at any level. At the same time, if you push a people to be oppressed, you'll encourage hatred. You'll encourage less civilized thinking. And if you remind them every day that they're inferior, they'll start to believe it or believe they can only keep their identity by hating you back and killing you for it.

The Israelis are the ones with the Army. Suicide-bombings are unforgivable. But wiping out entire towns, shooting children (there isn't a week that goes by where I don't hear about murdered Palestinian children...and this by soldiers, not terrorists)...this kind of behavior breeds violence.

Yes, the solution is in both courts. But I believe the group with more power is more liable because they can end this more easily. There will always be Arab extremists, but there are just as many Arab-hating Israelis.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...