X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Who said that it was? Asking people and politicians to put an end to this sort of thing before it does provoke another tragedy is simply common sense.
    What sort of thing ??

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I think ALL of these over paid talking heads need to be hit in the face with a big flaming bag of shit. Now that would be great television and I might even tune in for it.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        What sort of thing ??
        Pay attention ELVIS, and try to keep up: Jargon composed of violent imagery.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Really? The one thing that stands out to me in that article is the Michael Krebs that wrote it didn't bother listening to the clip he included. Olbermann does not "blame Republicans for Tucson shooting" in the clip, he instead calls for a reasoned acceptance for responsible behavior of both political parties. At no point does he single out the entire Tea Party or the entire Republican Party for what took place in Arizona, yet in fact takes to task those that happen to use jargon composed of violent imagery that could be interpreted as a call to violence, including the media, and in particular, Olbermann himself. And that makes him a dumbass?
          The guy flys off the with rants that are just that, rants ,with little or no basis in fact. That's his MO. So yes. That makes him a dumb ass. I think they guy got caught up in his line of bull shit and got lost in it. He hates Republicans so bad he would say anything even it were a complete lie in order to get HIS message across.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Pay attention ELVIS, and try to keep up: Jargon composed of violent imagery.
            Such as ??

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Who said that it was? Asking people and politicians to put an end to this sort of thing before it does provoke another tragedy is simply common sense.
                But chef. There is no evidence that politics had enything to do with this nut case. In fact the evidence points the other way.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  The guy flys off the with rants that are just that, rants ,with little or no basis in fact. That's his MO. So yes. That makes him a dumb ass. I think they guy got caught up in his line of bull shit and got lost in it. He hates Republicans so bad he would say anything even it were a complete lie in order to get HIS message across.
                  I agree, he most certainly does at times. But not in the clip the author included in the article you linked.

But chef. There is no evidence that politics had enything to do with this nut case. In fact the evidence points the other way.
                  Jag, No kidding, did you read what I wrote? Here it is again...

Who can predict what an unstable person listening to this nonsense could do?
                  Last edited by chefcraig; 01-24-2011, 05:06 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I agree, he most certainly does at times. But not in the clip the author included in the article you linked.

Such as ??

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Olbermans's style has always been to make fun of people and tear them down.. He did this when he was a local sports reporter.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

You're kidding right ???

An unstable person might listen to Bon Jovi and get violent...

Your argument has no basis in reality...

Now bring my the grilled cheese sandwich appetizers you talked me out of...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Olberman has always been a cocky, look how clever I am type of broadcaster. He hunts for train wrecks, shows them to us, and makes fun of the situation and if he doesn't like the person, he rubs some salt into the wounds.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I guess you are saying it could provoke a tragedy. I guess so. Hell anything could provoke one. I think the Victoria Secret commercials are more likely to provoke a tragedy that a few poiliticians running there mouths.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                You're kidding right ???

An unstable person might listen to Bon Jovi and get violent...

Your argument has no basis in reality...

Now bring my the grilled cheese sandwich appetizers you talked me out of...
                                Right. And people blow up abortion clinics or Russian airports not because they have heard of and believe in some sort of rhetoric or ideology, but because its a way to kill a pleasant afternoon.

Leave me alone, ELVIS. I'm trying to get dinner out.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...