X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Unfortunately, the last 30 years have been more like Reagan and his friends fucking us.
    Reagan had friends? Even his own son says they never really knew the man and he didn't have anyone close to him besides Nancy. But then most politicians are empty hulls.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      A few generations? We can already see just how bad it's getting...just as ONE example, look at people's atrocious spelling and grammar these days - I CHALLENGE you to find me someone under the age of 30 that can correctly use a contraction in a sentence...you'll find evidence of Bigfoot faster - it's pathetic.
      Why does it suck? Too many people in the system just want to make money off the system and the parents just want to park their kids in it. Schools have just become a day care center. The schools went downhill when the parenting went downhill. It's the parents who elect the school board members and all they do is appoint overpaid shills to come in and rape the school districts. The students always get the crumbs.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Are you looking around your country and seeing the last 30 years as being awesome for everybody? Are you making the argument that the last 30 years have been great for the economy and nothing's wrong with the employment levels, education system, health care, national defense, and parallels between earned income and cost of living for the middle and lower classes (you know, the people who actually work for a living)?

If that's your argument, then "WHATEVER DUDE!" is an appropriate response, but in the event that you do actually see problems with the aforementioned items (among others), then you need to take a long hard look at who's been running your country for the last 30 years and come up with something a bit better, I'd think.
        Part of the problem is idiots like you that think education is up to the federal government to fix and throwing money at the problem will magically help...

The wisconsin union school teachers make well over 100k per year if you factor in benefits, yet wisconsin school kids can't read...

Should the wisconsin taxpayers pay them more ?? Will that make the kids read ??

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So who should fix it? The KKKoch brothers? Or should we just close all the public schools and force every kid into right wing religious indoctrination camps, paid for with public money (like Chuck Norris wants)
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Part of the problem is idiots like you that think education is up to the federal government to fix and throwing money at the problem will magically help...

The wisconsin union school teachers make well over 100k per year if you factor in benefits, yet wisconsin school kids can't read...

Should the wisconsin taxpayers pay them more ?? Will that make the kids read ??
            We already pay several times what most industrialized nations pay for public education and have little to show for it. We could throw the defense budget at public education and it would do no good. We would just get fancier schools full of all sorts of fancy shit and more higher paid bureaucrats you don't really need to educate anyone. Shit sold by traveling salesmen who give the superintendent a nice fat kick back. The only plus is the educational system kills less people and destroys less stuff.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

So who should fix it? The KKKoch brothers? Or should we just close all the public schools and force every kid into right wing religious indoctrination camps, paid for with public money (like Chuck Norris wants)
              I think you are going to see more private schools start up because of the nonsense on both sides. I hate to see it because when I was going to school in Hong Kong if your parents couldn't afford school there was no school. All schools were private there and so your lot was decided by what family you were born into. The biggest asset of the US was the public school system and affordable college. That's gone now. We fucked ourselves.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So who should fix it?
                The parents, individual communities and state government...

The smartest kids I know are the ones where the parents are directly involved. Some are in private school, some home school and some public...

The public school system in my parish (Lafourche) is good...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  The parents, individual communities and state government...

The smartest kids I know are the ones where the parents are directly involved. Some are in private school, some home school and some public...

The public school system in my parish (Lafourche) is good...

Yup. Parenting has a ton to do with education. You just don't toss your kid to the system thinking they can do it all.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, home schooling..... there's the solution.

Bigoted ignorant fools can teach their kids to be bigoted ignorant fools, with not a single opportunity for them to learn anything else. I had neighbors like that, and naturally, they were members of a cultish church. I moved out of the neighborhood before those kids grew up, so I have no way of knowing how they adjusted to living in the real world, but I'm guessing it wasn't pretty. You would think when their grandfather died in his early 70's of something that would have easily been treatable with antibiotics, that could have been a geniune lesson that they didn't have all the answers (this cult doesn't believe in doctors or any sort of medication).
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

It's ironic that we are having a serious discussion about education on a David Lee Roth site.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Yeah, home schooling..... there's the solution.

Bigoted ignorant fools can teach their kids to be bigoted ignorant fools, with not a single opportunity for them to learn anything else. I had neighbors like that, and naturally, they were members of a cultish church. I moved out of the neighborhood before those kids grew up, so I have no way of knowing how they adjusted to living in the real world, but I'm guessing it wasn't pretty. You would think when their grandfather died in his early 70's of something that would have easily been treatable with antibiotics, that could have been a geniune lesson that they didn't have all the answers (this cult doesn't believe in doctors or any sort of medication).
                        All the home schoolers I've seen have the money to bring private tutors in and their kids go off to ivy league schools. All of them religious families but far from being the chicken screwing type you are generalizing them to be.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Still not healthy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The corruption is complete. All the union bosses care about is the dues from the union members and all the private sector cares about is screwing the employees out of benefits and pay. There are no good guys anymore. They all suck.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Still not healthy.
                              So what's your solution? Throw all religious people into a re-education camp and if they don't change work them to death?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Religious people are always going to be around in fact, they may outlast the non-religious people. In Europe the white race hasn't been reproducing themselves enough and are aging. Muslims on the other hand have lot's of children and they will take over there. Here in the US hispanics are religious and are taking over. Around here I don't see the Mormons going away. They have lot's of kids, work hard, and are organized. Not that I want to join up again but they will outlast anyone else around here and even merge with the hispanic population since many Mormons are fluent in Spanish. The youngest country in the world is Iran. Religion is always going to be around, the question is what religion.

It's a nice dream to think human nature will change and we will form some sort of intellectual utopia based on science but it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Working...