X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Is this an e-mail someone sent you with a bunch of exclamation points behind it?

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
      Is this an e-mail someone sent you with a bunch of exclamation points behind it?
      Either that or the "How To" guide for posting while medicated, that seems to come with certain people's computers or are printed on give-away bookmarks at public libraries.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

It might be some smug message the '400' are giving to the rest of us....who knows?

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Whoever wrote the line slow and effortful\reading with little expression has no business making lists about literacy.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Blaze's mom made it...

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Elvis, Shame on you!
              You are very ungrateful. Quit pissing on your dear mother's grave; quit being a cad.
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Blaze's mom made it...
                ...out of some magic markers, clothespins and cereal boxes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  This seems to be a running theme, every thing has gone to shit since your day.

Maybe it's all your fault gramps.

Isn't that what us old fucks are supposed to do? The old fucks always told us we were spoiled and they had to live in the depression and walk up hill both ways and shoved snow with a tea spoon.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                    No, I would not. You may want that situation, I would not want, wish, nor nurture that pattern. -_-
                    Let's give the money to the people who say they would be better with it and see how benevolent they really would be with it. I guess that's why revolution tend to just bring in the next dictator. I think the old saying power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely is true.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I'm glad we have some optimists here but I've given up on society. The people in this society can be bought off and distracted so easy that those in control will remain in control. Not that they are that brilliant but hey, they make lots of money keeping the rest of the world down and they have the power. So I'm just going to watch it all unravel at the sidelines being old enough to know, we are too stupid to really change anything and enjoy watching the whole mess tank. With the technology we have now, that should make a fairly good dent in the population and resource problem everyone seems to whine about these days.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Nitro,

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely . That is a fallacy. I do not know what kind, but I know it is a fallacy.

Corruption is a form of fraud (we use the word fraud here loosely). For fraud to occur one of the corners above must be compromised.

I do think you are confusing rationalization of corruption as being equal to power. Being able to rationalize corruption does not make one powerful, it simply makes one corrupt.

As I have been saying, “Fighting corruption with corruption will give you corruption.” Moreover, this is not a magical world where a by a bolt of lightning corrects areas of neglect. What cleans up the mold of corruption is exposure. Furthermore, it has been proven that exposure (the fear of being caught) does more than the fear of punishment. Nevertheless, I do think the death penalty is suitable punishment for certain frauds.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                          sigpic

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I'm glad we have some optimists here but I've given up on society.
                            You gave up on society the day you started work as a stockbroker.

You get the amazing gift of a blink of time alive on this wonderful planet and you choose to use it for that?

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Raise taxes on those that currently don't pay any taxes or get a full refund. Make THEM contribute to society.
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...