Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

It's really the non union employee vs. the union employee. A good chunk of the US work force has lost their jobs or had their pay drastically cut. Most people in the private sector have had their insurance cut, taken away or priced out of reach. They look at the union employees with a better situation and get angry and when their taxes go up to pay for the government they really get angry. To be honest, I'm not hearing too much sympathy for the teachers.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• the atomic punk
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      It's really the non union employee vs. the union employee.
      Only in the sense that they are fighting each other over the crumbs that fall from their master's table. It's a fight that was invented by the corporate controlled media to distract we the sheeple from the real problem; the corporate plutocracies marginalization of labor.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

It's not very good cheese. They make better cheese in Oregon.
        bull-fucking-shit
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by the atomic punk
          Uh, yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Is that just a wacky thing you guys do here? If it's innocent, I apologize, the timing just seemed suspicious.
          It's more of a 'hazing'. Everyone here has been a "cocktard" at one time (though it could easily be pointed out that some still are)

It'll change according to your post count.

I have absolutely no idea why a moderator hasn't stepped in to clear up this misunderstanding. Perhaps this place needs a union......

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

People don't vote issues. They are too selfish to do that. They vote their pocket book. I guess too many people in Wisconsin are non-union now because those types of jobs are gone. This is still about Wisconsin because the out of state people don't elect who's in the government in Wisconsin and politicians vote to stay elected. That's why you saw Obama change his tune right after more Republicans won office in the last election than Democrats. What the voter wanted in Wisconsin over all was to cut state spending and cut their tax load.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Uh, yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Is that just a wacky thing you guys do here? If it's innocent, I apologize, the timing just seemed suspicious.
              keep posting and you'll be a head fluffer next or some shit, nobody is fuckin' with ya
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                It's more of a 'hazing'. Everyone here has been a "cocktard" at one time (though it could easily be pointed out that some still are)

I have absolutely no idea why a moderator hasn't stepped in to clear up this misunderstanding. Perhaps this place needs a union......
                yeah, what he said. can we get overtime pay if we post more than eight hours a day?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Only in the sense that they are fighting each other over the crumbs that fall from their master's table. It's a fight that was invented by the corporate controlled media to distract we the sheeple from the real problem; the corporate plutocracies marginalization of labor.
                  Some of the people are their own master. They work for themselves and they are getting killed by the taxes and regulations. Believe me, the self-employeed have no sympathy for government workers right now. Like I said people vote their pocket book. Most the people supporting the union workers are union workers themselves. The people who are not in unions especially the unions for public workers really don't give a rat's ass because it doesn't make their lives better. It's simple as that. If more people worked for unions the majority of politicians would do the unions bidding. It's all about numbers.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

So the moderator doesn't like my opinion so he messes with my profile? Is that how this place works?
                    What else are you going to cry about? And yes, all 5 points in the article are factual.
                    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Better beer too.
                      Hell yeah! Good wine too if Washington state is added in. The Northwest is a food paradise.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Yeah, because in Oregon they did the right thing and started taxing the rich.

We tried to do it here. Even had Bill Gates daddy doing the commercials, but the whore media up here is completely right wing and they distorted the whole issue like the good little corporatist puppets they are, and it failed.
                        I used to own some commercial property in the state of Oregon. One day I get a call from their state tax commission wanting retro active taxes on property I already paid the taxes on. I refused to pay. They got nasty and threatened to throw me in jail. I told them come over here and throw me in jail then. They didn't know how to respond to that one. My accountant said what did you say to the state of Oregon because they dropped the case against you. I said I told them to arrest me and after that they didn't know what to do. I guess they expect people to get scared and give in and they get their money.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

There is awesome cheese here, and yes, we do tax the rich.

That said, what's going on in Wisconsin is pure and unadulterated bullshit. Now, I've been through union shit before, and I know people who have been put through union shit before, and yeah, a lot of times it seems bizarre, unfriendly and not always in your best interests. However, it's interesting to note that the without unions and collective bargaining rights, anybody over the age of 13 would have full time plus jobs for dollars a day and be begging for more and benefits of any sort would be non existent.

That's not just "opinion", it's fact.

Are Republicans REALLY so fucking stupid that they think this is a good idea? They obviously are NOT "listening to the people" and "doing the job they were voted in to do" based on the fact that they only have a 30% approval rating over this bullshit, not just in Wisconsin but across America as a whole. Are they so isolated that they don't see the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people protesting, a massive uprising that teabaggers only WISH they could be like? Do they think it's actually going to stand legally when they directly violated the open meeting policy that was previously put down - BY THEMSELVES?

Since when can Republicans magically make up their own rules if they don't want to play by what's already established? Do they think that Americans aren't aware of the NUMEROUS assaults on unions across numerous other states? Do they think the working class can't put 2 and 2 together?

Obviously, based on the MASSIVE negative feedback, they're thinking WRONG.

This bullshit is so outlandish it's fucking scary.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The real mistake we make in the US is we don't let the losers fail. All those corporations and banks that failed and we spent billions of dollars of tax money to bailout rewarded us with higher fees and interest, while management got big bonuses. A lot of that money went overseas and solvent companies like Goldman Sachs and Walmart even got bailout money.

If we would have just let these corrupt companies fail we would have been better off in the long-run. Something better always rises from the ashes. If we would have just let the losers fail, we would be seeing the start of a real recovery by now. All we did was prolong the crash and make the crash worse and all we have to show is a higher government debt load on our backs.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

The real mistake we make in the US is we don't let the losers fail. All those corporations and banks that failed and we spent billions of dollars of tax money to bailout rewarded us with higher fees and interest, while management got big bonuses. A lot of that money went overseas and solvent companies like Goldman Sachs and Walmart even got bailout money.

If we would have just let these corrupt companies fail we would have been better off in the long-run. Something better always rises from the ashes. If we would have just let the losers fail, we would be seeing the start of a real recovery by now. All we did was prolong the crash and make the crash worse and all we have to show is a higher government debt load on our backs.
                              That's what I've been singing all along. NOT ONE PERSON has been arrested for the financial meltdown on Wall Street in 2008. NOT ONE. And yet, 2009, 2010 and 2011 have been bang up fucking years for bonuses.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• the atomic punk
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hambon4lif

OK, my bad. Sorry Elvis.

Comment

Working...