Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I wonder if Perry gets in and has a real "W" of a presidency, if Oliver Stone will get Brolin to play his sorry ass. He looks more like him then he looked like Dubbya. I'm voting for DLR. F all these clowns. Do you think any of them could write a song like Elephant Gun? No fucking way.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe Perry should have played Chimp in the movie. Since that's what he seems to be doing anyway. We don't need Chimpy 2.0

Or anyone else even remotely associated with the BCE, for that matter.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To be honest I've never been there but Texas always struck me as odd.

Who defines themselves as their finest hour as being fucking slaughtered for stealing some land?

Remember the Ass Kicking?

Must be some Scottish Americans involved to celebrate misery like that.

Very odd.

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

GOP candidates as Simpsons characters

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Rick Perry wants to change the constitution..

2. Congress should have the power to override Supreme Court decisions with a two-thirds vote.

Ending lifetime tenure for federal justices isn't the only way Perry has proposed suppressing the power of the courts. His book excoriates at length what he sees as overreach from the judicial branch. (The title of Chapter Six is "Nine Unelected Judges Tell Us How to Live.")

Giving Congress the ability to veto their decisions would be another way to take the Court down a notch, Perry says.

"[A]llow Congress to override the Supreme Court with a two-thirds vote in both the House and Senate, which risks increased politicization of judicial decisions, but also has the benefit of letting the people stop the Court from unilaterally deciding policy," he writes.
            Rick Perry has many ideas about how to change the American government's founding document. From ending lifetime tenure for federal judges to completely scrapping two whole amendments, the Constitution would see a major overhaul if the Texas governor and Republican presidential candidate had his druthers. Perry laid out these proposed innovations to the founding document [...]
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

So, a hypothetical scenario...

lets say congress is over taken by a bunch of facist religious zealots, and during the time period of this a bunch of issues are brought up such as Gay Marriage, Religion, Discrimination in the Work Place, You name it.

And instead of having judges who's job it is to ensure that the constitution is never violated even if it is to protect complete assfucks like Westboro Baptist Church. He'd rather have a law that could go very much against the Founders original intent and maybe lead us on a road that would make Nazi Germany seem like Canada.

....holy fucking shit.....

That is frightening.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I hate to agree with that Dominionazi Chimpy wannabe about anything, but being able to overturn a Supreme Court decision wouldn't be such a bad thing.

If we could have overturned the Felonious Florida Five decision of 12/12/2000, we might have prevented 9/11. We definitely would have prevented the Iraq war from ever happening.

And Shittyzens United would have been dead within a week of the day Opie Roberts passed it. Except Opie would have never been on the Supreme Court once the Florida Fraud was overturned, so Shittyzens United wouldn't have even made it that far.

Fact is that judges violate the Constitution now. Those two decisions prove it. I'll never vote for Prick Perry, but this idea might be willing to look at.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I dunno, I'm mixed on the idea. I'd say a better approach would be 3/4 congress + presidential signature. There are a lot of problems with the idea, though.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, the whole idea of three branches of government and separation of powers was that one branch could never be more powerful than the other two. This works well when a President can veto Congress, or if a 2/3 majority of Congress can override a veto.

But who can reverse a horrible Supreme Court decision? Right now, nobody
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sambru
                      I have not found any data in my empty skull. My drug spam web site is a joke.
                      Thanks for the honesty, bot
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• dazzlindino
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2009

Dirt on Rick Perry

Heard this guy, who called into an Austin texas radio show,KLBJ fm on Fri morn.
                        He said he was 100% sure that bible thumper Perry has
                        had plenty of women and men too!
                        He has placed a full page ad in the Austin Chronicle asking for people to tell their Rick Perry stories.
                        Last edited by dazzlindino; 08-21-2011, 10:55 AM.
                        I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I get your point, but by that same token, people can't overturn other decisions they didn't like (roe v wade, etc) just because they were unpopular. I'm a little nervous about a world where you can just elect new representation and get whatever decision you don't like overturned.

I'd be more afraid of putting that through, if I were you, given how your party likes to give in to the republicans so much.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

a gmail address and everything!

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

It seems to be a popular thing in politics these days, to change constitutions. It's been happening here,as well.

I'm actually scared.

There's the result of years of understanding & tolerance.

Spoiled cunts who'll stop at nothing to have their way.

We're fucked.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

should there be elements of the constitution that should be changed?

sure, not arguing that.

But less and less of the power needs to be held by those in the government and more needs to be held in the arms of the American People.

I don't like the idea of a bunch of people who can easily be bought off, holding power over whether or not we the american people should have rights.

Comment

Working...