Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

FFS....it's 2011 and there's still naysayers about Science?

It's time for the good 'ole days when you could burn witches/scientists at the stake or how about.....

98% of all scientists, in that field, agree..........there's global warming
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      This is a great articulation of something that is very troubling to me.
      It's worth remembering that in the Middle Ages right up until the European enlightenment in the 1700s or so, the Muslim countries were technologically ahead of us in many areas like mathematics and medicine. It's arguable that their religion held them back.
      ideo
      If Americans lt these anti science people take over, major crucial areas like biotechnology will be stifled based on superstitions and you'll be fucked and at the same time you may well have a climate going out of control.

Look at all the successful stuff the US still has like Microsoft, Apple, Hollywood, Video Games.

Most money goes in circles, the important shit is the exports and the stuff that creates the wealth that everyone else lives off whether they are a parking attendant or a teacher. Apple, a technology i.e. a SCIENCE based company has more money at the moment than the US government.

People often say 'why are people worried and annoyed about faith?'. 'Why is it that anyone should be worried about religion?'

This anti science thing is one of the main reasons why.

For example I've posted before that I am pretty fucking sure that Bush preventing the public funding of stem cell research will result in the needless premature deaths of people on this website.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        Batshit Bachmann and Perry are the same kind of kooks that say things like the fossil record was created by Satan to trick us into thinking the world is older than 5,000 years, and oh yeah, carbon dating is a tool of Satan...basically anything that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the bible is full of errors is "of Satan". So any fact-checker anywhere is working for Satan, effectively...
        Yeah, right! As if I had the time?

I'm the CEO of Hell. An international network of sin and evil and all of that shit. Like I'm really going to bother planting fossils and fake-carbon dating shit, just to make Bachmann look stupid. Not a lot of effort needed there, really.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Not sure what happened to my post there, good grief.

Comment

Working...