X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    I have no doubt Sesh that you are a fine Dad, and your kids love you lots. At the very least you are sensible, and not trying to cram a Bible up their arse.

I found myself recently saying 'NO NO you have to read it, how can you dismiss it without knowing what it says?'

You can't understand half of the history of Europe without studying these stories, the problem is that kids obviously get confused by the absolutes of our goat herder superstitious ancestors.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

In San Francisco the snotty yuppie types get pissed if you wish them a Merry Christmas. They prefer happy holidays. Then I go back to the hotel which had complimentary dinner and there is all this wonderful Mexican food. Wonderful tamales and the Mexican cook comes out and says Feliz Navidad! I made a Mexican Christmas dinner tonight and those are Christmas tamales. I was in Peru before Christmas one year and they made Christmas tamales and they were full of lard. Nasty! I prefer the Mexican version. So hell yeah, fuck it! Merry Christmas! and fuck the self-absorbed yuppies!
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I agree 100%. Even though I am aware of the "history" of Christmas, that is what it is fucking called, and that is what I will always call it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          I agree 100%. Even though I am aware of the "history" of Christmas, that is what it is fucking called, and that is what I will always call it.
          Yup. We all know it was the fucking Roman solstice holiday and then Constantine changed it to Christ's birthday celebration because he wanted to politically exploit Christianity for his own gain. Christmas has evolved into so many things. Hey let's face it, many special days are the products of retailers. Father's Day and Mother's Day were the result of a card company wanting to sell more cards. The modern Christmas is very much the product of retail. The santa as we know it first made his appearance in a Coca Cola ad. I can remember when times were good and employers would throw huge parties to celebrate a good year and give Christmas bonuses. It always amazed me how much personality some of the dullest people at the office got after they got some alcohol in them.

It can be what you want to make it. Some go a more religious route. Some see it as an opportunity to do some charity. Some see it as a family holiday. Some love the lights, decorations and songs. Some like the food and booze. Some like to shop. Some love to get out of school. Some like to get presents.

It is what it is after many years of evolution. I'm fine with it and have fun with it. I always liked Christmas. Who didn't like it when they were a kid? So excuse me while I decorate my pagan Germanic tree to celebrate for the sake of celebrating in the name of Christ (to make it sound more respectable) and try to put up more lights than the neighbors so I win the subdivision decorating award. Also, I will be sure to send nice gifts to those I want special favors from over the next year.

The real bitch is there is no Santa Clause. Nothing like paying for it all and staying up all night assembling some doll house and when you finally get to bed, the kids wake you up and drag your ass out to show you what you stayed up all night putting together and some imaginary fat fuck gets all the credit for it.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
            I hate every bit of PC bullshit surrounding Christmas.

I was surprised that they aired Charlie Brown last night because Linus quotes from Scripture. I don't even think Sesh would mind that.
            I just ignore it and do my thing. Most people are tired of the PC bullshit. It has ruined holidays, entertainment, radio, television, even rock and roll.

The only people who are politically correct now are the fringe. People who never fit in society in the first place. Why we cater to them is beyond me. I think we are seeing the pendulum swing the other way. I think PC will be dead and gone in 20 years.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

When everyone on this planet is smoteth upon the field of woe.. and corruption fills thier eyes there will not be one, even the strongest that will not scream, oh Jesus God Save ME!!

Christmas is a celebration of giving, for children, to see the goodness that is possible, in yourself and the ideal of hope, all you adults need to shut the fuck up and get over your own personal hell, for just one day.

Most of these so-called liberal thinkers use the phrase ..-If you don't like it change the channel- perhaps they could take some of thier own advice instead of forcing others thru brutal tactics to tune into thier, oppression.

Christmas developed naturaly and has spread to a world wide day of unity, anyone or anything trying to deter that day, or it's message, or reason, would more than likely also find a commonality with a suppremist organization .

Peace and Joy to you all and may the spirit of the season heal your soul.

thus ends my 2011 quota in, The Front.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:403717" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-december-6-2011/tree-fighting-ceremony">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:403718" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-december-6-2011/tree-fighting-ceremony---war-on-christmas">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I've only been trying to push them gently towards thinking critically but the line that seems to have made them go all atheist is asking them who made God then?
                    I guess all parents go through this, you absolutely want your kids to be independent thinking individuals and you also want them to be popular happy members of the crowd. You want them to be exceptional but invisible, interesting but conformists.

No wonder we're all so fucked up.
                    I remember in my 3rd grade class, the teacher held up a Snickers bar and said "This is going to the first one who can tell me who was the creator of man". I quickly raised my hand and said "Jesus Christ". She says "Very good, that is the correct answer".
                    After class, I walked up to her and said "Listen up, bitch! I know it was Moses, and you know it was Moses, but business is business. Gimme my fuckin' candy bar!"

Merry fuckin' Christmas motherfuckers!!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Merry Fucking Christmas!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I just ignore it and do my thing. Most people are tired of the PC bullshit. It has ruined holidays, entertainment, radio, television, even rock and roll.

The only people who are politically correct now are the fringe. People who never fit in society in the first place. Why we cater to them is beyond me. I think we are seeing the pendulum swing the other way. I think PC will be dead and gone in 20 years.

Non-PC always kind of reminded me of this clip. I don't really view it as out right racist, it seems to be like the two are trading barbs and goofing off.

also, old school dennis miller nails it.
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino is basically the spitting image of my father in-law.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                            When everyone on this planet is smoteth upon the field of woe.. and corruption fills thier eyes there will not be one, even the strongest that will not scream, oh Jesus God Save ME!!

Christmas is a celebration of giving, for children, to see the goodness that is possible, in yourself and the ideal of hope, all you adults need to shut the fuck up and get over your own personal hell, for just one day.

Most of these so-called liberal thinkers use the phrase ..-If you don't like it change the channel- perhaps they could take some of thier own advice instead of forcing others thru brutal tactics to tune into thier, oppression.

Christmas developed naturaly and has spread to a world wide day of unity, anyone or anything trying to deter that day, or it's message, or reason, would more than likely also find a commonality with a suppremist organization .

Peace and Joy to you all and may the spirit of the season heal your soul.

thus ends my 2011 quota in, The Front.
                            Pretty much. Nothing wrong with Christ like charity and love. Christmas should be a time out from bullshit. A time to enjoy your family, friends, do some good for someone who needs it. Just ignore the Scrooges which there seem to be more and more of.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

pRick Perry joins the "war on Christmas" (and gays)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino is basically the spitting image of my father in-law.

Damn man. Feel sorry for ya. I mean, I can admire someone who won't take no shit off anybody, but when they overdo it and are just a mean old fucking asshole, it is a bit much.

Comment

Working...