• Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Ron Paul Just Won A Caucus But The Media Is Telling You Mitt Romney Did
    Michael Brendan Dougherty | Mar. 11, 2012, 10:51 AM | 4,171 | 36
    AP

Ron Paul won the GOP caucus in the Virgin Islands, or at least he won the most votes according to the Virgin Islands Republican Party.

Right now the count stands this way:

384 total cast

112 to Paul (29%)
    101 to Romney (26%)
    23 to Santorum (6%)
    18 to Gingrich (5%)

But as with all caucuses it isn't that simple.

The AP and others reported yesterday that Mitt Romney won the Virgin Islands caucus.

And they aren't entirely wrong, because of the crazy rules that are around caucuses, Mitt Romney was able to qualify for more delegates, and win them. One of the "uncommitted" delegates also went to Romney.

So maybe the media isn't entirely unjustified in saying Romney won it.

But we think they buried the real story.

The Paul campaign should celebrate this small victory! It is the first territory where Paul has clearly beaten Romney in a popular vote, no matter how small.
    -via Jesse Walker

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-p...#ixzz1opg78PWd
    That's fine, we'll flip several states to RP wins if he takes the majority of the delegates after the caucus process, then.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

more proof that Ron Paul is racist (for jhale):

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Invasion Of The Paul People
        It's a Ron Paul world, and we all just live in it.

The Story County Republican convention was a longer affair than Tara's convention, because of a phenomenon I call, "invasion of the Paul people!"

To review: the Iowa caucus is basically a statewide straw poll. Despite the results, delegates go to the district and state convention and vote for their own personal favorite for president.

If there are TWO things at which Ron Paul supporters excel, it is winning online polls and showing up for stuff. And since the world is run by people who show up, the Paul campaign is attempting to get as many delegates elected to the state convention as possible...thus winning the official Iowa delegate count despite the fact that Santorum and Romney finished first and second in the Iowa caucus, respectively.

A friend told me at the Story County GOP convention that he believed just under half of the attendees were Paul supporters. And a delegate that was identified to me as a Paul supporter was literally reading suggested motions off of her iPhone. Whether you love the Paul campaign or not, they have their act together.

The Paul supporter made motions to seat delegates as they arrived (even if they were late), then motioned that any Republican sitting in the room could vote (because county parties rarely fill their allotted county convention seats this was an ingenious move).

A counter motion by another candidate's supporter stated that county delegates must be proportioned according to the county caucus results. This motion HAD to be voted down...because one county can't change a statewide process. Quite simply, delegates are free to vote for the candidate of their choice at state convention.

That may not be the most perfect process in future contests (especially given the caucus night debacle) but it is what exists currently, and the Paul people are taking advantage of it. I wonder how many Paul delegates are headed to the district, and state, convention, and if Ron Paul will be able to pull off an Iowa surprise.

Finally: a Santorum supporter at the Polk County convention posted on Facebook that she was experiencing a "Ron Paul supporter freakout." So the phenomenon was not restricted to my county.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Number of Delegates needed for the GOP Nomination = 1,144

Number of Delegates secured by Ron Paul = 33

Almost there!!!!!
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            more proof that Ron Paul is racist (for jhale):

My candidate can't be racist......

Here's a 50 year old picture of him with 3 colored folk to prove it.....

Comment

• Jesus Christ
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Hell fucking NO!!!

Morally obgligated ??

Based on what ??
              Based on My teachings, Gregory. Do ye not remember them?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

There's a little bit of Adolf Hitler in everyone. We all have that little dictator screaming to get out.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

How sad really, that the biggest bible-thumper here has to ask from where the MORAL OBLIGATIONS come from......

Wow.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    How sad really, that the biggest bible-thumper here has to ask from where the MORAL OBLIGATIONS come from......

Wow.
                    That's why I belong to the Church of Satan. I like the "Do as thy Wilt" motto. The only thing I wish is there were better looking women at the OTO lodge orgies. The only thing I'm morally obligated to do is to satisfy my own selfish desires through any means necessary.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Number of Delegates needed for the GOP Nomination = 1,144

Number of Delegates secured by Ron Paul = 33

Almost there!!!!!
                      Pavlov didn't need a dog to experiment with.

He could have just watched your behavior in this thread.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

My candidate can't be racist......

Here's a 50 year old picture of him with 3 colored folk to prove it.....

Ron Paul gave these people (as he did many others of a variety of races) free medical attention because they couldn't afford to pay.

obligatory

But I do find your response to be very personally revealing.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Unfortunately according to some of you guys, we don't live in a country where we help the less fortunate out of the goodness of our hearts (or even out of some religious moral obligation).

People like RP are a throwback to yesteryear!

Now all we should expect are Presidents who destroy our civil liberties and believe that the military should be able to arrest and detain us indefinitely (when they don't choose to summarily execute/assassinate us instead).

You guys sure do hold the moral high ground!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

The US is just divided now. I can tell you which side will bite the dust hard and which side will thrive. That's a no brainer. If your community works together during a crises it will thrive, if your community goes ape shit on each other if the government checks don't come, you have problems.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Excuse me, but didn't RP say at one of the GOP Debates when asked, that if a guy came into an ER with life-threatening illness, but NO insurance he should be turned away?

Don't lecture me on RP's moral high ground.

I believe FREE HEALTHCARE is a moral obligation due every citizen of this country.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Excuse me, but didn't RP say at one of the GOP Debates when asked, that if a guy came into an ER with life-threatening illness, but NO insurance he should be turned away?

Don't lecture me on RP's moral high ground.

I believe FREE HEALTHCARE is a moral obligation due every citizen of this country.
                                maybe I should lecture you on either your memory or your ability to understand what people are saying then

Ron Paul on debate's health care moment
                                Posted by
                                CNN's Kevin Liptak
                                Washington (CNN) - Rep. Ron Paul was at the center of one of the most memorable moments of Monday night's "CNN-Tea Party Republican Debate" when a member of the audience shouted "Yeah!" in response to a question asking whether a critically ill person without health insurance should be left to die.

In an interview Wednesday the Texas congressman, who was being asked the question when the outburst happened, responded to critics who said his response lacked compassion.

"You know, it's so overly simplified to explain a full philosophy on how you care for people in 30 or 60 seconds," Paul said Wednesday on CNN Newsroom.

Paul continued, "The freer the system, the better the health care. For somebody to turn around and say there's one individual who didn't have this care, you know, all of a sudden you hate people and you're going to let them die? I spent a lifetime in medicine. To turn that around like that is foolish."

Paul went on to say that of all the Republican presidential contenders, he was uniquely positioned to speak out on the government's role in providing medical care. Paul is a licensed medical doctor specializing in obstetrics and gynecology.

"I understand it differently," Paul said. "I want the maximum medical care and the maximum prosperity for everybody, and it doesn't come from the big government welfare and bankruptcies that we have now."

He continued, "Nobody can compete with me about compassion because I know and understand how free markets and sound money and a sensible foreign policy are the most compassionate systems ever known to mankind."

So no, all he said was that it doesn't have to be run by the government to be effective and for people to continue to receive care, but that at the same time, people should be responsible for their own decisions and should be free to make those decisions.

Comment

Working...