• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    That's not a real count, dick...
    Why not offer up the "real" count, dick?

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      If he gets the Virgin Islands does he still qualify for the set of steak knives, too?

It. Doesn't. Matter, Elvis

Where was your electoral outrage during the Florida 200 theft?

Oh yeah, you told us all to stop whining and get over it.
      I'm not sure I said that but if I did, I apologize...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

There is no real delegate count yet...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Says who, the media ??
          The media and a thing called reality.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
            Doc,

Since you apparently agree that RP will not win the nomination, and is only staying in the race to make a point, what are you planning to do in the general election? Assume that the choices are Obama and Romney. Will you vote for one or the other? Write-in? Just curious.
            I'm not sure honestly. I will vote. I don't see much difference between Romney and Obama (on the things I care about).

I might write in Ron Paul, but I might vote for Gary Johnson. I'm still reading about him. I support Ron Paul, but I support the ideas even more. I am researching candidates at the local and state levels as well to be sure to vote for people that are in alignment with the parts of the Libertarian philosophy I agree with. It's a lot to read. I do want to use my vote in the most impactful way, but at the same time I reject the idea that I should vote against anyone or vote for "the winner" ... I view my vote as an investment to draw attention to the ideas/causes I care about; the only way I could waste it would be not to vote at all.
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Texas is unlikely to be a battleground state anyway. I expect it to go red like always.
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

We won't know for sure until the caucus processes are completed. It won't be enough to get the nomination, obviously, but it might be enough to help keep anyone else from winning an outright majority of delegates.

If we do get to a brokered convention, the dynamics should be interesting. I think Gingrich and Santorum supporters could certainly come together around one or the other. I don't think the Romney people would go too far from him towards either of them, or towards Paul. Gingrich/Santorum people wouldn't go towards Paul most likely either. The Paul people certainly won't go to any of the others.

If Romney has enough to prevent Santorum/Gingrich groups from coalescing and taking the nomination, he'll still need the delegates from one of the groups to put him over the top. I'm not sure where he'll get it unless he can bleed enough off of Gingrich/Santorum, or he ties himself into a bigger knot to get Paul to endorse him. Paul usually doesn't endorse Republican nominees though, and if he did, I'd personally have to be convinced by him as to why I should vote for Romney and not go a different direction anyway.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Texas is unlikely to be a battleground state anyway. I expect it to go red like always.
                  Yeah. It's just a question if we will go full-on retard and hand Santorum the win or not.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Who knows, maybe Ron Paul will join up with Gary Johnson and run libertarian again. If he does, it won't be until he milks the republican primary process for all its worth to keep attention around his ideas (which is rapidly diminishing).

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently, Texas doesn't get a primary until May 29 this year, which would ordinarily mean a meaningless contest, but this year might actually decide 2nd place if not the frontrunner. Since the "confederate" states seem to be divided on which idiot "who isn't Romney" they prefer.

The secessionist wing of the Texas Repukes (and Dr. Love) might vote for Ron Paul. Except for the John Hagee type, who believe that war with Iran is MANDATORY to bring Jesus back, and they're tired of waiting for it. The "defense" industry hacks and oil thieves are the ones who might be up for grabs between the serial adulterer, the frothy mixture, and the dog abuser from Planet Kolob.
                      Last edited by FORD; 03-14-2012, 09:18 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I am glad to Ron Paul for one thing ... previous to this cycle I've always sat on the side and been snarky, not really committing to any vision because nothing appealed. After this cycle I am immensely motivated to be involved in the local and state level as well as to participate and advocate at a national level.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I'd never vote for him based on several reasons, but predominant among them I think is his view on abortion.

Crazy this thread's still alive...
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

there's so many things to worry about these days over abortion... but I think his point of view is probably better for everyone. Let the states decide whether or not to allow abortion and don't let the federal government decide one way or another for everyone.

Think of it like this. Today the government says it's legal to have abortions, and every state has to accept that. I'm guessing you're in favor of that. But look at how conservative the supreme court continues to grow.

What will happen if some day another case comes up and they change their mind and say, No, abortion is illegal and shouldn't be allowed. Or if the right-wingers get their wish and put in a constitutional amendment to define life in a way that makes abortion a crime?

If you take that power away from the federal government, and leave it to the states, abortion will always exist in the US, because each state will decide for itself if it wants to allow it or not, and many of them will, and many of them won't. But there won't be any way the federal government can force everyone to do it one way or the other.

That's Ron Paul's view on how the federal government should manage (or rather, not manage) abortion.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              there's so many things to worry about these days over abortion... but I think his point of view is probably better for everyone. Let the states decide whether or not to allow abortion and don't let the federal government decide one way or another for everyone.

It's a fundamental hypocrisy and internal contradiction in your messiah you choose to ignore. If Paul were actually elected, many more would follow. If I'm a bitter old man, you're a naive punk!..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Let's say your teenage daughter gets raped and gets pregnant from it. Honestly. Do you want the government involved in what to do in that situation? I sure as hell don't. Abortion is not a cut and dry topic. There is a lot of grey in it. If society degrades to the point where having abortions is no big deal then it's a bigger issue than just the government. You can't legislate morals. That deals with personal character issues and individual choice. I think the government should just stay out of it period. If the church's want to preach about the evils of abortion and help adopt out the unwanted babies then fine but they have no right to tell someone what to do with their body. It's an individual choice issue.

Ok. Ron Paul wants to repeal Roe vs. Wade. He will have better luck auditing the fed and bringing the troops home than he will getting legal abortion appealed.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-15-2012, 04:31 AM.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...