• Jul 2011

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    laugh now, cry later, then vote Paul

.. unless you want 4 more yrs of Obama

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

You guys saying RP will never be President, well ... he's doing pretty well so far. And in national polls, he's equaling Obama. I honestly think RP could pull support away from Obama and Romney due to being both to the left and to the right of both Obama and Romney.

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Fair enough. But downward is an actual different direction....

Funny, but Obama is often seen as not ruthless enough rather than a Machiavellian politician saying anything to anyone to get elected. He's seen as weak in the face of a bulwarking, mindlessly partisan congress more interested in a masturbatory orgy of the teabagger mentality thwarting actual governance. You can argue he isn't taking things in a different direction, but I would seriously debate that. I'm no Obama sycophant, but it is hard to argue that at the very least he hasn't changed our course and pulled us out of Iraq, is working to get out of Afghanistan, and has rolled back at least a little of the corporate shilling by the Bushleaguers...
      He followed Bush's timetable for withdrawal, and that's only because Iraq wouldn't agree to a longer timetable.

I'd say they're vastly worse than Obama, and run the gambit from hypocrite to completely delusional. Obama has at least a modicum of palpable intelligence whereas all save Newt are just a bunch of fucking dumb guys too stupid to be selfconscious as to how moronic they actually sound...
      Look at it in the macro sense. What are they going to do that significantly differs than Obama, other than the healthcare thing? Obama has disappointed a lot of people. Candidate Obama and President Obama are very different people. He caves to the right constantly. Heck, on a lot of positions, Obama is to the right of Paul! That's crazy! How does Obama reconcile that with the electorate?

You can't be a libertarian and be against a woman's right to choose. And much of his foreign policy is anything but "well thought out," bordering on being unworkability insane IMO. One of his main advisers just left him on this basis alone...
      Which one? Are you talking about the guy that left quite a long time ago and was on the news saying RP isn't racist but his foreign policy is loony?

Read above. You may not care about abortion, but it is still a litmus test as to someone's commitment to true libertarianism. You either believe that gov't should be off our backs, or you don't!
      So I'm bundling my response to this and the "not a libertarian" thing together here ... it just doesn't matter to me and doesn't affect my support. Ron Paul's views are self-consistent. I don't care if they aren't totally libertarian or republican or anything. I'm an independent... I don't care about party line or ideology as much as I care about the individual and their positions.

Pres. Obama didn't go to war without authorization, the party that Paul belongs too did...
      Doesn't resonate with me. I don't like the republicans. If Paul isn't the nominee, I won't be voting for their party. But I won't vote for Obama again. He does not deserve my support.

It's a shitty bill that was rammed down our throats by a dickish congress as part of a defense bill, but the gov't cannot just hold everyone without charge if they are Americans....
      Yeah, it was, as for the latter, I'm not so sure.

Isn't Paul in the Congress?
      thankfully yes. He isn't voting for the destruction of our rights.

Um, it was a document written over 200 years ago that couldn't possibly spell out all of the intricacies of modern technology, society, economy, etc.

In that case of absolute literalism that extremist right winger sometime argue, we should disband the U.S. Air Force, because the Constitution says nothing regardings the provision of it!
      So if we want to give the Federal Government more power, we amend the constitution. Why should we let them just decide they should have more power on their own? Every single congressman, every single senator, every single president goes in saying that government is too powerful and that they'll change that. None of them ever do. (I realize that's a vast generalization).

The thing is, when RP says it, I really believe it ... but then, I believed Obama and what a liar he turned out to be.

Um, Obama did bring the troops back from Iraq, though...
      He was following a pre-determined timeline and had tried to press for extending that schedule and when the iraqis told him no, only then did he do it. That doesn't really sell it for me.

Ron Paul's policies would paralyze the gov't, and it is way to early to proclaim Obama, a president whom inherited one of the worst economies in history, a "failure." You may feel that way, but I think his policies averted a much greater catastrophe and an economic Depression. With Paul, you'd get an erratic, unworkable statesmen. We WOULD have been in a severe depression had that guy won in 2008...

Furthermore, Paul masks himself behind the feelgood rhetoric of an economic, property-rights libertarian while his policies would actually aid and abed the REAL problem, the further down-slide into a plutocracy with gov't being gradually castrated as any sort of check on the powers of multinational corporations, and their seeming course to mindlessly annihilate the middle classes...
      I still take a macro point of view. Paul and Congress temper each other and he can build broader coalitions with both repubs AND dems and hopefully breaks more of the gridlock. I don't have any illusions that RP or Obama can single handedly save or destroy the economy. But Obama had a REAL chance to change things up there. The bankers were on their heels and there was a clear opportunity to deal with corruption and crony capitalism.

What did Obama do? What did he do?

Did he go on the offensive and put in the things we need to fix the problems?

Or did he appoint an insider to the treasury dept? Did he waffle and pander? Did he keep on the gloves and throw soft punches? Did he give the very people that fucked this place royally our money?

I don't agree with Ron Paul's idea of completely removing all regulations. I think part of that is national security and defending the rest of us. But RP is firmly against crony capitalism and the abuses that were going on. Is Obama? Are any of the other candidates?
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Do you really want to make someone president who runs out a room just because someone's pants have fallen down?
            C'mon, I'm not a Paul supporter by any means but I can't fault him for that decision.
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

That speech cracked me up......

I swear Ron Paul is like your Poli Sci Prof who won't shut up.....

I admire his Foreign Policy stance, I really do....with a few exceptions...

BUT. HE. WILL. NEVER. WIN.

Today's elected office is about ONE thing....... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$44

And he will never have enough.
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

And you can thank Citizens United and the bought and paid for SCOTUS for that...

Fucking lawyers [ Hi Sharkey]

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

$$$$ don't elect Presidents, people do ... just look at how much Romney had to pay per vote in Iowa. And there's every indication that he won by a typo.

If Paul can make it a two man race between him and Romney we'll see if republicans can sacrifice principal for the false promise of victory (romney will never beat Obama) or if they will vote for principle and conviction.

Seeing the republican party, I'm not hopeful.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                    $$$$ don't elect Presidents, people do ... j.
                    Calling Dr. Love......wakey wakey.

They do now.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

When it hits national election time $$$$$$ will count, period.

TV ads sway people's perceptions because most people are too fucking lazy to read or form their own opinions.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

The Resheeple vote for whom they're told to vote for....

And when in doubt, they check FAUX KNEWS

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Well, we'll see how SC goes ... but tonight was another good night for Paul

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

He could WIN SC and FLA and still never be the Nom......

The GOP would never allow it

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

He's doing well early, that's for sure but you know how these things go........how many times has someone been hot early on, only to get destroyed a few weeks later.

That's my prediction for Paul.........

Although, I still stand by.....the GOP isn't crazy about Mitt and they hate Newt.

So given those two factors, Paul could slip in......highly doubt it, though!
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Look at the 2 windmills Paul tilts at most.....

Defense Spending
                                and
                                The Fed

Tell me the powers that be would ever let him get the nomination....

FORD has a better chance.

Comment

Working...