• Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
    straight from the man, himself:

ron paul's free competition in currency act
    After reading it (and several other related arcitles), this appears to be an "end the fed" tactic; I doubt we would wind up with 300 million currencies, or even more than a few, because the infrastructure isn't there for a lot of companies to produce it, and the populace at large wouldn't accept it in general.

His point of view seems to be that gold, being a limited commodity, would not be subject to inflation and if you have 2 prices listed for goods, where 1 is in gold/silver, and the other in FRN, that as the fed prints more money, the FRN price would go up due to inflation where the gold/silver price would stay the same. Slowly, people would abandon the FRN in favor of gold/silver.

I personally have no idea if that would actually happen or not. However, I doubt to a large degree that as President he could get that through the Congress without a large amount of tempering, like a lot of his ideas. I think that, properly tempered, they could be good for the country, and I think the Congress and the Courts would provide that tempering. I think that at the very least it would be much better than leaving things as they are now.

I do wonder how much he would exercise the veto power against the Congress.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

here's another link for unchainme/jhale. Don't buy the smear campaign, guys.

This blog doesn’t limit itself to 30 year old newsletters that nobody saw him write.(1) Here you get to watch him say what he believes ...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        I look forward to seeing where you place in the Iowa Caucuses then!
        Well, at least I'll beat Bachmann by default...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          Quite the contrary... foreign policy is probably one area where he would be better than Obama, let alone any of the other Repukes. No more PNAC bullshit.

It's his domestic policy that would be a disaster - if not blocked by a Liberal congress.
          As far as I can make out the US president only really does foreign policy and PR these days.

No president with even a remotely radical domestic policy will ever get it through congress. The unforeseeable consequences of the slavers constitution has left the US government like a big fat oil tanker unable to make any sort of change of direction to avoid icebergs.

Comment

• knuckleboner
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

After reading it (and several other related arcitles), this appears to be an "end the fed" tactic; I doubt we would wind up with 300 million currencies, or even more than a few, because the infrastructure isn't there for a lot of companies to produce it, and the populace at large wouldn't accept it in general.

His point of view seems to be that gold, being a limited commodity, would not be subject to inflation and if you have 2 prices listed for goods, where 1 is in gold/silver, and the other in FRN, that as the fed prints more money, the FRN price would go up due to inflation where the gold/silver price would stay the same. Slowly, people would abandon the FRN in favor of gold/silver.

I personally have no idea if that would actually happen or not. However, I doubt to a large degree that as President he could get that through the Congress without a large amount of tempering, like a lot of his ideas. I think that, properly tempered, they could be good for the country, and I think the Congress and the Courts would provide that tempering. I think that at the very least it would be much better than leaving things as they are now.

I do wonder how much he would exercise the veto power against the Congress.
            yeah, it is part of his end the fed concept. and yes, i was being WAAAY hyperbolic in saying 300 million currencies.

but it's still a really bad policy. moving back to the gold standard is not necessarily as bad. mind you, it's not nearly as certain as its proponents claim. a lot has happened since the 1970s when we left the standard. for instance, gold has a lot more hi-tech uses these days. it's not inconceivable to assume that an even greater demand for gold as a conductor or whatever, causes inflationary pressure on gold as the dollar standard.

that said, again, the gold standard, by itself, is not that crazy. but the way to do that is not to stop the single currency.

even 2 competing currencies would be highly problematic, at least in the short term. vending machines would have to either make changes or not accommodate every type. and businesses would have to have 2 different, changing prices.

the fact is, if you don't like aspects of the current monetary system, there are changes that could be made that don't involve chaos. but because ron paul (sincerely) believes in the extreme freedoms of libertarianism, he believes that it's worth it to go through any amount of chaos as long as the free market gets the ultimate choice.

and that, i think, is crazy...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
              that said, again, the gold standard, by itself, is not that crazy. but the way to do that is not to stop the single currency.

Most economists say that it is crazy, and completely nihilistic fantasy...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Lead Guitarist for Aerosmith Says Ron Paul Has His Vote

Lead guitarist for Aerosmith, Joe Perry, has been tweeting:

@AdmiralPerry
                All the kids I talk to are into Ron Paul . They like his voting record. He's not a smiling grinning talking head spewing party BS.

@AdmiralPerry
                Obama hasn't done anything close to what he promised he'd do.didn't get my vote and I got lotta grief. Well,my votes for Ron Paul.

@AdmiralPerry
                Media is trying to crush Paul. It's so transparent. They will smear himevery chance.beware! Get your news from lot of different sources.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I'm starting to wonder how the rest of the republica nomination race goes ... I don't think Santorum can make it through South Carolina with his candidacy in tact. If no one else starts to emerge, it could be a nomination fight between Romney and Paul. Then it's down to who the majority of republicans can stomach more.

I think an awesome hypothetical situation that pits a republican nominee Paul against President Obama. Suddenly you have someone that is both to the right AND to the left of the President. How bizarre would it be that the President has to explain why his opponent's positions are wrong to a democratic base that doesn't agree with the president but agrees with the republican nominee on more than a few critical issues? Especially when these are areas that candidate Obama promised on but President Obama betrayed his constituency on (the wars, the patriot act, gitmo, indefinite detention, etc)

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

well, that broke the forum.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Lead Guitarist for Aerosmith Says Ron Paul Has His Vote

Lead guitarist for Aerosmith, Joe Perry, has been tweeting:

@AdmiralPerry
                        All the kids I talk to are into Ron Paul . They like his voting record. He's not a smiling grinning talking head spewing party BS.

@AdmiralPerry
                        Obama hasn't done anything close to what he promised he'd do.didn't get my vote and I got lotta grief. Well,my votes for Ron Paul.

@AdmiralPerry
                        Media is trying to crush Paul. It's so transparent. They will smear himevery chance.beware! Get your news from lot of different sources.
                        LOL. Well if Joe Perry is voting for him, then.... uh... maybe someone out there will find that to be persuasive?
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

He's an admiral. Surely that has some sway.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

If the chick in your sig is voting for him, then maybe I'll reconsider.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Comment

• fifth element
                                Commando
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Unchainme
                                The GOP is the epitome of fucked right now FORD..

there's no way any of these clowns beat obama. none.
                                i could not say it any better if i tried.
                                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

Working...