So who will be the next Repuke to drop out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    I just read that Rick Santorum is has a 10 point lead in the latest Gallup polls. Holy shit. Republicans REALLY do not like Mitt Romney.
    Romney is less a republican than a pragmatist.

To be sure, had McCain won last time around, Mittens would be running as a democrat.

Romney just wants the prize. He has no grand plans or ambitions beyond that. People sense these things.

Santorum really only has one thing going for him: he's not an asshole millionaire named Mitt Romney.

That one thing may well be enough to win the nomination, because unless someone acceptable decides to throw their hat into the ring, who the hell else is gonna be the anti-Romney nominee besides Santorum.

Gingrich?

Paul?

Either of those two as the head of the GOP ticket will ensure Obama's 2nd term, so at least with Santorum a snowball's chance in hell is better than none at all.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Batshit crazy statement.

I would have actually voted for Herman Cain had he had a shot at the nom. I think america is ready for a crazy catch phrase spouting president. He was crazy, but a respectable crazy.

I would have actually been excited to vote for the guy. I'd be begging for the "Rent is too damn high" guy as the VP.

See, this is why I hate the fact that fucking Iowa gets to choose the presidential candidates first.

All Santorum had to do was go out and babble on about the gay marriage boogie man, and the elderly ate that shit up like werthers originals.

Same with what happened in 04 with Dean, who was CLEARLY the better candidate.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If Mittens loses Michigan, he really needs to strap the wives to the roof , drive home, and call it a day. It's his home state. His dad was a popular governor there. Should have easily been a win for him.

Until the dumb bastard opened his mouth and said we should let the auto industry die. The very industry which made his father a rich man.

That didn't play too well in Motown. Go figure. They would rather vote for a frothy mixture of dog fucking and Opus Dei dominionist fascism.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          If Mittens loses Michigan, he really needs to strap the wives to the roof , drive home, and call it a day. It's his home state. His dad was a popular governor there. Should have easily been a win for him.

Until the dumb bastard opened his mouth and said we should let the auto industry die. The very industry which made his father a rich man.

That didn't play too well in Motown. Go figure. They would rather vote for a frothy mixture of dog fucking and Opus Dei dominionist fascism.
          Yup. The Romney's made their fortune in American Motors. Nepotism and connections being what they are in the Mormon church all the Mormon missionaries in the 70's drove AMC Gremlins. LOL! The church fleet in 1985 was $40 million worth of cars. It probably was sizable in the 70's as well.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I just want an honest president. One that throws Caligula styled orgies in the White House ballroom and when asked if he wasted tax dollars on it he will admit he did and he had a good time doing it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Popular with birds too.

This same picture without the photoshop trickery actually solved a mystery for me about 15 years ago. I bought a big canvas hunting tent and wondered why the tie down ropes had these wooden pegs on them. I saw this exact photo and saw how the wood pegs were used. See that tie down rope on the tent in the photo. You slide the peg up the rope to take out the slack on the rope and it locks in the position. Very cool. That way you don't have to tie a tie down knot. Amazingly the tents haven't changed much since Lincoln's time.

Comment

Working...