U.S. Marines To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses GRAPHIC CONTENT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
    Well I am sure if I was in that mess I would feel like pissing on um to. Not saying it's right but I can kinda understand.
    They may have recruited thirty more Taliban (or other assorted terrorists) to kill other U.S. service-personnel. How do you feel about that?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

"Those who have had a chance for four years and could not produce peace should not be given another chance." - Richard M. Nixon, October 9, 1968

---
      You do realize that the record shows that Nixon was still sending U.S. troops to die while knowing full well they were to be withdrawn eventually. And that furthermore, that the shitty, corrupt ARVN gov't was so full of complete incompetents and pussies, that'd they'd never last more than a few years after "Vietnamization"..
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-12-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jagermeister
        "Islam gives values and respect to every human being," regardless of which religion the individual follows, said Islamic scholar Mawlawi Enayatullah Baligh.
        Sure it does. Over the past couple of decades I have witnessed much "values and respect" from muslims (not captialised on purpose). All the rapes, beheadings, stonings, bombings, beatings, public whippings, imprisonment, torture, treating women like livestock and other cowardly acts I've witnessed in the name of islam have really won me over and now I'm a big fan of muslims. On 9/11/01 I watched fellow Americans make the choice to either burn to death or jump and be crushed on the sidewalk and found that to be far more offensive than this video. As a matter of fact thinking back on that day and remembering the so called "moderate" muslims' silence, coupled with the celebrations in the streets in countries around the world after it 9/11 happened, I think I downright enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting!
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The biggest victims of Islamic extremist violence are other Muslims, BY FUCKING FAR!!!!...so spare "let's kill 'em all for 9/11" horseshit when we're the ones that unleashed "al Qaida" on Iraq...

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            You do realize that the record shows that Nixon was still sending U.S. troops to die while knowing full well they were to be withdrawn eventually. And that furthermore, that the shitty, corrupt ARVN gov't was so full of complete incompetents and pussies, that'd they'd never last more than a few years after "Vietnamization"..
            Nick, notice the date the statement was made. I used that quote to underlie my own pessimistic feelings about war and politics. I was well aware of the absurdity of Nixon making such a statement, particularly as it was made during his own campaign run for his first term as President.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              The biggest victims of Islamic extremist violence are other Muslims, BY FUCKING FAR!!!!...so spare "let's kill 'em all for 9/11" horseshit when we're the ones that unleashed "al Qaida" on Iraq...
              I'm not gung ho to kill them all, I don't even think we ought to be over there. That shit does more harm than good over the long run. My point is that I have no respect for them and don't give two shits whether or not they are offended. They act like fucking animals most of the time and want us to apologise whenever we've offended them. Fuck 'em.
              Last edited by gbranton; 01-12-2012, 09:59 PM.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Dear the guys who always say the wrong things with so much authority,

These people don't need excuses or -free recruitment-, they have secret knowlege directly from god thru the leaders who opress them into actions, against everyone except themselves.

Your continual blaming of the people who stand up against these terrorist is just unreal.

I dead combatant should never be desecrated his trials are OVER!

View my other post for any other statements on this.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                  1 dead combatant should never be desecrated his trials are OVER!

I could not agree with you more for that statement. Wholeheartedly.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Update

A U.S. general has issued a directive reminding troops to treat the corpses of slain insurgents and civilians with “appropriate dignity and respect.”

Washington (CNN) -- Military officials have interviewed two of four Marines in a video which shows them urinating on dead bodies sprawled out on the ground, a Marine Corps official told CNN Friday.

The Marines were not detained after the interview, the official said.

The names are not being made public, said the official, who did not want to be identified because the investigation is ongoing.

The identities were determined as officials in the United States and Afghanistan expressed shock and outrage regarding the video, which was posted Wednesday on a number of websites.

U.S. Marines desecrating Taliban bodies?

Outrage over Marine urination video

Marines in 'urinating' video identified

Afghanistan condemns 'urinating' video "I have seen the footage, and I find the behavior depicted in it utterly deplorable," U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said in a statement. "I condemn it in the strongest possible terms."

Panetta said he has ordered the Marine Corps and International Security Assistance Force Commander Gen. John Allen "to immediately and fully investigate the incident."

"This conduct is entirely inappropriate for members of the United States military and does not reflect the standards of values our armed forces are sworn to uphold," Panetta's statement said. "Those found to have engaged in such conduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent."

A senior Pentagon official said Panetta was "deeply troubled" after viewing the video.

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos said in a statement the behavior is "wholly inconsistent with the high standards of conduct and warrior ethos that we have demonstrated throughout our history."

Lt. Gen. Adrian Bradshaw, deputy commander of ISAF, called the actions on the video "disgusting."

"Any acts which treat the dead, enemy or friendly, with disrespect are utterly unacceptable and do not represent the standards we expect of coalition forces," Bradshaw said in a video statement. He said he was speaking on behalf of Allen, who is out of the country.

"It is difficult to say what long-term impacts this might have, and I would hesitate to get into speculation, but obviously any sort of footage, any sort of activity of this kind that is grossly against all the moral values that the coalition forces are standing for are very much working against our cause and against everything that we are standing for and that we are here for," said Brig. Gen. Carsten Jacobson, a NATO ISAF spokesman. "We will find the ones who are responsible and hold them accountable."

A senior U.S. military official said the Naval Criminal Investigative Service is the lead investigative agency on the incident. A Marine Corps investigation was announced Wednesday.

While the identities of the people on the video haven't been released, the leadership of the 3rd Battalion 2nd Marine Regiment "is confident those are their Marines" on the video, according to a U.S. Marine official with direct knowledge of the initial investigation.

The unit, which is based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, deployed last February or March and returned in September or October. While in Afghanistan, the unit was based primarily in Helmand province.

Marks: 'Urinating' Marines 'not elite'

Marines in photo may be sniper team

Purported Marine video under fire

Marines allegedly urinating on bodies The video shows four men dressed in Marine combat gear urinating on what appeared to be the dead bodies of three men on the ground in front of them.

One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."

It was not clear who shot or posted the 39-second video or where, though a U.S. official said it was a "reasonable conclusion" it was filmed in Afghanistan.

The official, based in Afghanistan, spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

A senior Marine Corps official who has examined the video said Wednesday that the Marines are carrying 30-caliber sniper rifles and wearing helmets issued to members of Marine sniper teams. The helmets are designed with a shorter front and sides so that snipers can place rifles and scopes near their faces.

The official added that the desecration of a body by U.S. troops could be considered a potential war crime.

President Barack Obama knows about the video, said White House spokesman Jay Carney, who said he didn't know if Obama had viewed it. "What it apparently depicts is deplorable, reprehensible and unacceptable," Carney said, adding the president agrees with Panetta's statement.

Amos said he has pulled together a team "to thoroughly investigate every aspect of the filmed event." He said he will also assign a Marine general officer and a senior attorney, both with combat experience, to conduct an internal preliminary inquiry into the matter.

"Once the investigation and preliminary inquiry are complete and the facts have been determined, then the Marine Corps will take the appropriate next steps," Amos said. "We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the laws of war and our own core values."

Afghan President Hamid Karzai called on the U.S. government to investigate the video and hand down the harshest punishment possible.

"The government of Afghanistan is deeply disturbed by a video that shows American soldiers desecrating dead bodies of three Afghans," according to a statement released by the presidential palace on behalf of Karzai.

"This act by American soldiers is simply inhuman and condemnable in the strongest possible terms."

A Taliban spokesman called the video "barbaric."

"And no religion that follows a holy text would accept such conduct. This inhuman act reveals their real face to the world," Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi said via text message Thursday.

The video surfaces at a critical time for relations among the United States, the Afghan government and the Taliban.

Last year, the United States outlined its plan to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan, beginning by pulling out 33,000 "surge" troops who had been deployed to help quell the violence by the end of 2012. The remaining 68,000 troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2014.

Meanwhile, the Taliban tentatively agreed in recent weeks to open an office in Qatar's capital city of Doha, a decision widely seen as an overture aimed at establishing an outside forum for political talks with NATO-led forces and the current Afghan administration, among others.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Coincidentally, as a citizen of the United States, I am equally appalled by the events that occurred on September 11, 2001. Eat a sand turd and choke, motherfuckers.
                      Yep. Pretty much. Fuck 'em.

However it was foolish to record this event.
                      gnaw on it

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I would be a fuck of a lot more unhappy about being killed than the pissing on my body thing. Some people fucking pay good money to be pissed on.

I couldn't give a shit what you do to my body after you've killed me. In fact it's kind of insulting in a way if you start treating my body with reverence after you've brutally killed me.

That's basically saying you like my body now that I'm not in it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I would be a fuck of a lot more unhappy about being killed than the pissing on my body thing. Some people fucking pay good money to be pissed on.

I couldn't give a shit what you do to my body after you've killed me. In fact it's kind of insulting in a way if you start treating my body with reverence after you've brutally killed me.

That's basically saying you like my body now that I'm not in it.
                          I used to work at a funeral home. If people only knew what is done to their loved ones bodies in the embalming room to pickle them so they look halfway decent on display. Getting pissed on is far better than what is done with embalming equipment and a cocktail of chemicals.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I used to work at a funeral home. If people only knew what is done to their loved ones bodies in the embalming room to pickle them so they look halfway decent on display. Getting pissed on is far better than what is done with embalming equipment and a cocktail of chemicals.
                            yep great point nitro. in oz, we call them 'corpseatoriums' and being pissed on is at no extra charge.

but seriously, i've been an ogrish member for a lot of years, and i'm unsurprisable.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Now I would rather have a Viking funeral instead of that shit.

Comment

• WACF
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

I'd have to walk in thier shoes before I pass judgement.

Honestly though...taking a picture or videoing is just plain stupid.

Comment

Working...