X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

My .02 - Regardless of your individual political beliefs, YOU GO, out of respect to the Office of the Presidency.

I met both Democratic (Clinton) and Republican (Bush Sr.) during my 20 years in the Navy, and I considered it an honor each time.....

Whoops. I posted before I saw yours. You said what I am thinking but you did it better & more clearly than I can express.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Roth & Roll
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

Sports and politics don't mix - period.

When the President of the United States invites you to the White House to congratulate you on an incredible achievement - you go, especially if you're an American citizen.

By not going, Thomas insulted the Office of the President (which is bigger than the man holding that office), and in turn, his teammates. In this case, the Bruins FO shares the blame for not taking disciplinary action against him.

If Thomas is so passionate about his political opinions that they override a special moment for his team, then he should retire from hockey and run for office himself - otherwise he should STFU.
      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

So Tim Thomas skips meeting the president because that would upset his ex-cokehead morning zookeeper?!?!?

BTW, here's Howard Stern ripping Glenn Beck a new one:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...