Who's the cuntservative torch-bearer around here?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

To be honest. You never know what you are going to get in a politician until they get in office. I remember how excited the right was about Bush and how excited the left was about Obama. Ron Paul seems to have a pretty consistent record unlike all the others running. I really don't listen to their speeches. I do my own research on their past records and what they have done. Politicians are some of the best liars on the planet. The power of office attracts some of the worst kinds of people. I think a good percentage of them are actually insane. You would have to be to want the job.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
      Ralph Nader 2012, baby
      I've been throwing my votes away on Ralph for the last two elections. It's how I wash my hands of the whole mess and at least I have the satisfaction I didn't vote for the guy in office who is fucking everything up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready
        Ron Paul 2012. The only true conservative running.
        Then why to the conservatives hate him so much? The Republican wind bags on the radio here do nothing but tell people not to vote for Ron Paul. His foreign policy is everything the Republicans hate. They certainly hate him going after the Federal Reserve because it's the big milk train for financial corruption. But then conservative now doesn't mean what it should mean. To a lot of people it's just another term for Republican with really isn't conservative at all. The Republican party is pretty gung ho for war which really is quite radical.

The last election it was a no brainer Wyoming would give it's electoral votes to the Republican nominee. This election I'm not so sure. If Ron Paul goes independent he might get enough votes to where that monopoly might finally be broken. Ron Paul is also popular with people who tend to vote Democratic because those people feel stabbed in the back by Obama. Then he's popular with the younger voters which is the demographic Obama got the last election. So he's stealing votes from both sides. I would not count him out. He would be a spoiler if Obama got the standard Democrat votes because the races typically have been very close. The voting public is almost split 50/50 in this country but people seem to be sick of the business as usual two parties who in reality are more alike than they differ. They both love that special interest money.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Lounge, I'm not sure you understand how democracy works... you're supposed to vote for who you believe in, not who you think will win...

You may think that our only response is "he's better than the status quo", but your only response so far is "OMG HE CAN'T WIN" (possibly an actual quote!)

How is that any better of an argument? You know I've described at length why I support him over the others, so you know my own position is more than what you've simplified it down to.

In any event, I look at it this way -- you've been going around replying after every third or fourth post, belittling who we support and the rest of us for supporting him. I don't see any of us following you (or anyone else) around doing that. Are you sure we're the think skinned ones? In some ways you seem more driven to post about Ron Paul than we are.

I personally think you're trolling, which is fine, I can enjoy that and life goes on. But it doesn't mean that when you do it, I'm not going to defend my own point of view, or my preferred candidate, especially when the only (supposedly cogent) argument being made is "he can't win because he can't win". The only reason anyone can't win is because they can't gain enough votes... and if you change enough people's minds, then a person CAN win.

Love you, Lounge, but I'm not with you on this one...
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Lounge trolling... Ha. Go figure...

Used to think of myself as a conservative... but I'm not sure what the hell I am and my thinking certainly doesn't align with any party out there. Shall I say doesn't align with how any of the parties are acting today would be more accurate. I just don't see much of the core party values in play...

So y'all help me out... maybe I'm just a Crazy Thinkin Middle-aged Guy. Neither right nor left... Rep or Dem or Lib... Y'all tell me?

Here's my simple thinking...

Spending... No more pork barrel spending... period. If you're legislating, then make laws. If your law costs money then you have to have a real financial plan attached based on where the money comes from and where it goes. No more bridge building in the desert... no more fucking monuments no one in the last 60 years deserves a damn monument.

Doors... remove all the doors in Washington. Recycle them to build houses for the poor. No more back rooms, no secret deals, no national security unless it's happening at the Pentagon. They can have 2-3 doors no more. Everyone else... full disclosure and transparency. Call this my turn on the lights and watch the cockroaches scramble plan.

Taxes... flat tax across the board no loop holes, no bullshit. Put all the former IRS & tax industry people to work at minimum wage maintaining monuments, parks, etc...

Education... simple graduation standards no more testing games. Every kid stays in the 5th grade until they can read/write and do basic math and balance a checkbook. Completely revamp middle school, high school and the first 2 years of college. Loose all of the elective class time... focus at least 60% on occupational education teaching real skills for real jobs. The remaining 40% on science, engineering, medical, mathematics and technology. Everyone graduates with an equivalent of an associates degree.

Election reform... eliminate all PAC's, all campaign financing, eliminate all of it. Give each candidate two 15 minute media slots on TV & the Net. They get a white board and can present a Powerpoint presentation. Then an immediate vote. Then the top 4 get two 1 hour debates. Then an immediate vote. Term limits across the board... 2 4 year terms... done and back to work. No retirement benefits... no secret service protection... piss enough people off, take your chances...

Military... have the most mobile, kick ass protection and capabilities. End the current war actions asap. Then let's limit any/all assets/resources to protecting our direct interests not policing the whole damn globe.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
              Lounge, I'm not sure you understand how democracy works... you're supposed to vote for who you believe in, not who you think will win...

)
              I get that.....

The fact remains you guys get all twisted when told the truth...he can't win.

Now, let's talk about "how democracy works" in the US in 2012........ HE WITH THE MOST MONEY AND POWER BEHIND HIM WINS.

Force a LEVEL playing field, and perhaps a Ron Paul could win. Start by overturning Citizens United and having public financing of elections.

I admire you guys like the guy. I think he's a nut [except on The Fed & Foreign Policy ]
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                It's not possible to get under my skin...

Obama is a talking head, Paul is not...

That's why he is a threat to the system, hence pussies like you saying "he can't win."

RON PAUL!!!

He's not a threat to the system.....

He's not even a threat to Newt Romney.....

Now if he wised up, and made a SERIOUS third party run, then YES he would have been a "threat"

But running as a Repuke only handicaps him.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

WITHOUT linking someone else's work, or cut n pasting some BS......

I'd love to have a Ru Paul supporter time line it out for me how he wins......

RP goes to the GOP Convention with ### of delegates, and then he................

Convince me you even think it could happen.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Even if the Repukes have a brokered convention, I don't see Ron Paul emerging as the nominee. In fact that would probably be the scenario where old Poppy Bush crawls out of his coffin, walks up to the podium and says.....

"OK, you bastards wouldn't let me buy this nomination for
                    my business partner Mitt Romney, so now you're stuck with
                    Jeb as your candidate. And I'm gonna put Cheney's daughter
                    on as his running mate. No, not that one! The one who likes dick.
                    And while I'm at it, the Carlyle Group and Bain Capital are going to
                    team up to buy Diebold, Sequoia, and ES&S, so there's no doubt
                    who "wins" this election. It's the prudent thing to do at this juncture"
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I don't think he's going to win, but give me a bit of time and I'll see if it's mathematically possible. It'll have to be after I get home from work (i.e. no time soon)
                      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I'm still not convinced we've even seen the real nominee in the race yet.....

Bush/Christie come out at the convention......LOL

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                          I don't think of it in terms of conservative or liberal (I don't consider myself either).

I think of it in terms of substantive, positive change vs status quo ... Ron Paul vs Romney/Gingrich/Santorum/Obama

Either you like the direction the country is headed and will vote to continue on that path or you want to take our country in a positive direction.

INCOMING CONDESCENDING POST VIA LOUNGEMACHINE

In what terms were you thinking with your current signature? I mean WTF? I mean seriously, WTF?????

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

That's why he is a threat to the system, hence pussies like you saying "he can't win."

RON PAUL!!!

Not meant as a direct comparison of Sen. Ron Paul or his stated platform. But Nazis, Communists, and Islamic Radicals are also "threats to the system." Being a "threat to the system" makes nothing inherently good...

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Lounge has already donated to the Obama War Chest. He's not interested in what Paul says.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2007

I support RP and his policies, but no fucking way he wins. He CAN influence the discussion though and that's the goal at this point.

Hate to agree with LM, but a serious 3rd party run would have been more effective.

Comment

Working...