• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Fucking up isn't a crime...

And the thug fucked up by jumping Zimmerman which resulted in getting his ass shot...

They probably both thought they were badasses...oh well...

And Treyvon went all gangsta on Zimmerman...

The adult ??

So, now you're suggesting Zimmerman knew he was dealing with a 17 year old "child" ??

This guy was a tough south Miami teenage thug, not some little kid skippng around and eating skittles...
    get a life...

You first, you stereotype-spewing bigot bitch. Pathetic. Went "gansta" - yeah, you'd know because you were there... Your irrational fear of black people is palpable. Paranoid fucktard. "Thug"...yeah, right. You're a joke.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Seems like the rioters like jfail and FORD will never accept that...
      What I will never accept is that Zimmerklansman has ANY valid claim of "self-defense".

He created the situation. He profiled Martin (based on racist suppositions), and continued to stalk him, after being specifically told by the 911 dispatchers to NOT do so. He has no grounds for self-defense after that.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        What I will never accept is that Zimmerklansman has ANY valid claim of "self-defense".

He created the situation. He profiled Martin (based on racist suppositions), and continued to stalk him, after being specifically told by the 911 dispatchers to NOT do so. He has no grounds for self-defense after that.
        "Racist suppositions" ...y'know, like calling Martin a "thug" and saying he "went gangsta" on Zimmerman.
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I agree with this 100%

Having said that....I'm afraid he's going to walk.

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            I agree with this 100%

Having said that....I'm afraid he's going to walk.

I think there's a pretty good chance he will too unfortunately.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Innocent until proven guilty, except in some circles at the Roth army.
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                  Innocent until proven guilty, except in some circles at the Roth army.
                  Everybody gets to play judge and jury. Not like he lives or dies by some poll.

If I judged him simply by his OWN story, and that of the 911 calls he made, I'd find him guilty of manslaughter.

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The Zimmerman Trial
                    By CHARLES M. BLOW
                    Published: June 28, 2013

This first week of testimony in the George Zimmerman trial has proved to be nothing short of fascinating.
                    On one level, the case is simple: if Zimmerman had not pursued — some say stalked — Trayvon Martin that dark, rainy night, Martin would still be alive.

That’s the logical argument. The legal one is more complex. The case, it seems to me, spins on some crucial questions, some of which we may never completely know the answers to.

What was it about Martin in particular that Zimmerman found “suspicious” in the first place? So far, there has been no testimony that Martin was doing anything other than walking slowly and talking on a phone to a girl, as teenage boys are wont to do. Did Zimmerman consider every person walking thusly in the neighborhood to be suspicious? If not, what made Martin different? Was some sort of bias at play, whether an explicit one or an implicit one?

Why did Zimmerman leave his car, armed with his gun, and follow Martin? When the dispatcher realized that Zimmerman was in pursuit and told him, “We don’t need you to do that,” did Zimmerman stop?

Did Martin know that he was being followed, as his friend Rachel Jeantel testified, and did he feel threatened by the stranger following him?

In fact, the threat levels are a larger, more complex issue altogether. Who felt threatened, the teenager with the candy and the soda or the man pursuing him with a gun and a live round in the chamber? The answer on the surface would seem obvious, but it’s possible that both felt some level of threat. It’s also possible that threat responses washed back and forth between them like water in a tub, neither of them knowing about the other what we know now — that Zimmerman was armed and Martin was not.

If Martin was running away, as Zimmerman has said and Jeantel has testified, did he at some point stop fleeing, turn and approach Zimmerman?

There has been testimony establishing that there was some sort of verbal interaction between Zimmerman and Martin before a physical one. Who struck the first blow and why? If Martin struck the first blow, as the defense contends, could that be considered an act of self-defense?

Regardless of who struck the first blow, some testimony suggests that Martin was getting the best of Zimmerman. In that scenario, could the right to self-defense switch personage? Florida law seems to suggest it can. The law states that the use of force is not justified when a person “initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant.”

Even assuming that Martin was winning a physical fight with Zimmerman, did Zimmerman “reasonably” believe that he was in “imminent danger of death or great bodily harm”? Zimmerman was injured, but how do you evaluate the degree of those injuries? Independent assessments may or may not deem Zimmerman’s injuries severe, but did Zimmerman, in the middle of the fight, believe them to be? Had Zimmerman “exhausted every reasonable means to escape”?

Who was yelling for help? Keep in mind that it is possible to be both winning a fight and simultaneously yelling for help.

During opening arguments, John Guy, a prosecutor, stated that investigators found none of Zimmerman’s blood on Martin’s hands or on the cuffs of his sweatshirt. How will the defense explain that?

The bar may be high for the prosecution, but the logic is basic: there has been no suggestion or testimony that Trayvon Martin was doing anything wrong the night that George Zimmerman caught sight of him and grew wary of him, pursued him and came into contact with him.

Zimmerman set that night’s events in motion and rendered them still with the ring of a gunshot. Now, as Zimmerman sits in a Florida courtroom, Martin sleeps in a Florida grave. We will never hear Martin’s side of the story, about the level of his fear or the feel of the bullet ripping through his body.

Morally, Zimmerman is by no means without guilt. Legally, it remains to be seen whether he will be found guilty of second-degree murder.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

If I judged him simply by his OWN story, and that of the 911 calls he made, I'd find him guilty of manslaughter.

Agree.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

That's cool. I'll wait til the end when all the arguments have been made.
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• silverfish
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Watched this Netflic doc:

State of Alabama vs. Brittany Smith

using the Stand Your Ground defense. Interesting, sometimes sketchy, story tries to depict how
                          SYG works better for men than women.

Couple links if you wanna read about the film:

Brittany Smith shot dead her alleged rapist in self-defense but faced murder charges in an Alabama court.

Only a handful of women in Alabama have ever won Stand Your Ground immunity, and women with convincing self-defense claims continue to lose.
                          Originally posted by sadaist
                          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

Working...