President Obama finally "evolves" in his views on marriage equality.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    One of my Dad's plumbing customers were a gay couple. Two successful architects. Filthy rich, super kind and extremely intelligent duo. They adopted two Asian girls. Two girls who were probably not going to survive a Chinese orphanage. I have no idea how they pulled the adoption off, but it sure got me thinking. There could and should be a whole lot more situations like this in the world. Seriously, who would it hurt? We know who it would save.

If the term bigot troubles you, just know that you are intolerant, but that there is hope for you in being more progressive and accepting. You can do it.
    Oh boy. Hey my nephew came out of the closet last year ok? I still don't treat him any different than I did before. I know who I am but you don't know me so save the "You can do it!" speech for someone else.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Why not just say you don't agree with me punk. You have to call me something I'm not to make yourself feel good? You guys love to call people bigots and racists who are not just because they have an opinion that differs from yours. You show yourself to have a childish mindset throwing terms like that. Grow up.

"Punk"? STFU, you gaping mangina. You know what's indicative of a "childish mindset"? Throwing out the moronic bestiality analogy. That's some weak-minded, lame-ass bullsh*t right there. And guess what - you're soaking in it.

And I'll still take Cali over Jackson( A-)hole any day.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

How come when people go on blaming Obama for not doing certain things he said he'd do at his inauguration, never is there any mention of the FACT that this is the first time in the history of the American presidency that the governing opposing party has obstructed each and every single fucking thing that a president tried to do! I have my criticisms of moves he's made or not made, but the guy is the furthest thing from a failure.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oh boy. Hey my nephew came out of the closet last year ok? I still don't treat him any different than I did before. I know who I am but you don't know me so save the "You can do it!" speech for someone else.
          Share all of this nonsense with your nephew then. See what he thinks of your 'open mindedness'. You're right. I no longer think you can do it. That's ashame.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

How come when people go on blaming Obama for not doing certain things he said he'd do at his inauguration, never is there any mention of the FACT that this is the first time in the history of the American presidency that the governing opposing party has obstructed each and every single fucking thing that a president tried to do! I have my criticisms of moves he's made or not made, but the guy is the furthest thing from a failure.
            Because it doesn't fit the agenda...pointing out all the obstruction would make it seem like not being able to accomplish everything he promised wasnt' completely his fault!

Share all of this nonsense with your nephew then. See what he thinks of your 'open mindedness'. You're right. I no longer think you can do it. That's ashame.
            That'll be like the proverbial fart in church. His nephew will likely tell him to go **** himself. And here's a tip, NYQUIL - if you don't like people (correctly) calling you an intolerant ass, NEXT TIME try coming up with a more logic-based argument - rather than the usual knee-jerk man-on-dog/the children/downfall of society crap, or trying to bring your weirdo pet obsession - your welfare benes - into the discussion.
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
              So, Romney believed in gay marriage and then changed his mind I don't think so. Obama is the one who flip flopped on this issue with his evolution thinking. What the fuck did you guys think i was talking about. On the other hand though, Romney has been pretty consistent in his views, so to me, that goes a long way.

Let me edit here. Even though Romney has changed his views on certain issue's, i believe that anyone is a better choice than Obama. This country will almost cease to exist if he get's four more yrs.
              LOL.

NOW who's flip flopping?
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Most our problems in society now is that too many children are being raised in broken homes. If anyone thinks that being a single parent is the ideal way to go and is best for the kids needs to have their fucking head checked.
                Regardless of where you stand on the whole gay marriage thing, Nitro's right on about this. I've been raising my daughter by myself since she was 2 and it's far from ideal. She's a happy, well adjusted kid. But I learned real quick that no matter how hard I tried, there were just some things that she missed that I couldn't provide. There are just some things that a kid naturally wants and needs and craves - from both parents. And like it or not a kid that grows up in a home without a dad is going to always miss that, even if it's something that's in the back of their mind. And the same goes for a kid that grows up without a mom. My daughter and I do everything together, and I've always been there for her. But you can see it when Mother's Day comes around (which she fucking hates now), or when there's a mother/daughter function. Or when somebody that doesn't know her asks about her mom. And there have been times when she's cried and told me that she wants a mother - like all of her friends have.

Ah, my head hurts. I'm going back to the Nancy Grace thread
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

One of my Dad's plumbing customers were a gay couple. Two successful architects. Filthy rich, super kind and extremely intelligent duo. They adopted two Asian girls. Two girls who were probably not going to survive a Chinese orphanage. I have no idea how they pulled the adoption off, but it sure got me thinking. There could and should be a whole lot more situations like this in the world. Seriously, who would it hurt? We know who it would save.

If the term bigot troubles you, just know that you are intolerant, but that there is hope for you in being more progressive and accepting. You can do it.
                  Every time I get in a gay marriage debate some person always brings up a similar story. The gay couple are successful and filthy rich and they manage to adopt some kids from either an abusive home situation or a foreign country saving the kids from a bad situation. It seems to be the argument here is it's better for kids to be raised by two decent gay people than an abusive heterosexual couple or a orphanage of some kind.

I'm not saying your story is not true but I hear this argument all the time. There may be isolated situations like this but if I was a judge making a custody decision I would lean towards a more traditional male/female parenting situation because I believe it to be the better situation. Men make horrible mothers. You need that female nurturing that men just don't have. Females make horrible father figures. Women aren't attracted to some sissy. They want a man. This is the natural state of the way things are and there is nothing wrong with it.

We seem to think we are now enlightened enough and have the technology to move into a world where we can take nature and change it to the way we want it. A woman who has had enough lousy men relationships finds she likes women more but she still wants children to raise. So they want to get married and adopt kids. The question is, is this fair to the kids? I don't think so. They are being jipped from having a real father. The whole mother/father dynamic is gone. You lose something deeper that kids really need. One reason we have the problem kids we do is so much has been stolen form them. Sure a gay couple can make money, sure they might be good people, but they never can replace a real mom and dad. That's why I just can't support gay marriage. If they want the legal arrangements to have an estate set up and allow their partner to have the rights as family then I'm fine with it.

Having come from a family line that practiced polygamy I realize if you open the gates to gay marriage you have to be open to polygamy. Fair is fair. That will come back folks and it's not a good thing. We really have to be careful how we define marriage. Polygamy is illegal for a good reason. Women become property in that situation. I don't think most people really realize the ramifications of making gay marriage legal. There is a lot more to it.

So I have my reasons and I don't need to be called the typical derogatory names that seem fashionable with certain liberals these days.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Good fucking grief. On second thought, don't share this with your nephew. I wish you well.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

More strawman arguments. You'd lean towards straight couples adopting as a judge because you dislike the idea of gay couples, not for any of the other reasons you mentioned. And what about single parent homes where one spouse has died - are they supposed to marry the next (opposite sex of course!) thing with a pulse for the benefit of the kid? Of course not. Single parent families do just fine if the remaining parent is dedicated rather than negligent. And again no one else here has professed to know any kids raised by gay couples yet you feel comfortable in pontificating that success in that is the ("isolated") exception and not the rule - as if you'd KNOW. You don't. I on the other hand, DO know kids from gay families that are more well-adjusted than some from straight couples - or some posters here.

And STILL no one's been able to come up with a legitimate counter-argument against marriage equality - likely because there ISN'T one.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        Regardless of where you stand on the whole gay marriage thing, Nitro's right on about this. I've been raising my daughter by myself since she was 2 and it's far from ideal. She's a happy, well adjusted kid. But I learned real quick that no matter how hard I tried, there were just some things that she missed that I couldn't provide. There are just some things that a kid naturally wants and needs and craves - from both parents. And like it or not a kid that grows up in a home without a dad is going to always miss that, even if it's something that's in the back of their mind. And the same goes for a kid that grows up without a mom. My daughter and I do everything together, and I've always been there for her. But you can see it when Mother's Day comes around (which she fucking hates now), or when there's a mother/daughter function. Or when somebody that doesn't know her asks about her mom. And there have been times when she's cried and told me that she wants a mother - like all of her friends have.

Ah, my head hurts. I'm going back to the Nancy Grace thread
                        Hey you have to make a marriage work and it's takes effort on both sides. Most marriages fail because someone is selfish and sometimes you just have to end the marriage because the other person is just too far gone to make it work. The kids pay the price. One thing the establishment has cleaverly done is made having a career more important than raising kids. They make women ashamed of being moms. You can have children, raise them and have the career later. In Japan and Russia where their population is aging they are trying to get young couples to get on with it, make some babies and get the family going. I mean most college degrees aren't going to get you a job anyways and raising the kids well is more rewarding. My wife gave up a lucrative accounting career to be a stay at home mom. She never regretted it but said going to a job is less work than raising kids.

The kids are screwed up because they are neglected. We make them and then run off chasing other things. That is the problem. Of course the assholes who run things want mom out of the home. They can tax her and their institutions can raise the kids. Hey, it's not politically correct or fashionable to say this but it's the way it is. It's reality.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          More strawman arguments. You'd lean towards straight couples adopting as a judge because you dislike the idea of gay couples, not for any of the other reasons you mentioned. And what about single parent homes where one spouse has died - are they supposed to marry the next (opposite sex of course!) thing with a pulse for the benefit of the kid? Of course not. Single parent families do just fine if the remaining parent is dedicated rather than negligent. And again no one else here has professed to know any kids raised by gay couples yet you feel comfortable in pontificating that success in that is the ("isolated") exception and not the rule - as if you'd KNOW. You don't. I on the other hand, DO know kids from gay families that are more well-adjusted than some from straight couples - or some posters here.

And STILL no one's been able to come up with a legitimate counter-argument against marriage equality - likely because there ISN'T one.
                          Are you for polygamy? The polygamists will be screaming for that to become legal as soon as gay marriage becomes legal and if the gays get their marriage legal the polygamists will as well. I am not kidding here. Polygamists tend to be very right wing and they produce lots of children who will become right wing voters themselves.

I mean if we are going to have a loose definition of marriage here and let everyone marry what and who they wish, be prepared to get more than you wish for.
                          Last edited by Nitro Express; 05-10-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

You label me because you label you....

Intollerant...did someone label ...wait...WTF!

There are these people who have seperated themselves from the rest of society by giving thier existence a special label...Gay.

These "Gay" people demand a piece of what they want....whattever it is...I am sure they will want to be diffeerent... and, demand more equality...because, they are different..yet, need equality...whattever the fuck that means.
                            I say these people should back off and stop asking for special consideration...and for that, I and others, are labeled as... Intollerant.

I will also bet that 95% of all these Gay people were molested into thier gayness, by a peer, or an elder, rapist pervert or suggestion manipulation, more than being born that way.

Aren't those jersey shore douche bags, steroid studs.. the guys who say, if we can't score with a chick on a friday night we can go home and jerk each other off a little,.. maybe kiss it a little, it doesn't mean we are gay...?

Who are these people..?
                            Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM.
                            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I say keep it in the bedroom and leave the kids out of it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Good fucking grief. On second thought, don't share this with your nephew. I wish you well.
                                The lazy bum can't keep a job. I shared lots with him. My opinion of his lousy work ethic.

Comment

Working...