X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    It's funny how you guys think stuff like this is no big deal...
    Actually, when I was flying to New Orleans, I was pulled out by a security detail, wanded, then patted down along with the other nondescript white guy ahead of me whom I'd never met. When we were both first tagged, we both gave each other the "really" look, then complied. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I'm more worried about TSA douchebags that pull out young females essentially so they can feel them up while an underwear bomber is lurking...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Or the ones that steal your electronics...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I got singled out at the Tucson airport twice on the same trip (coming and going) by the same TSA flunkie. The guy was about 5'6" so obviously it was the case of the short guy singling out the biggest guy in the crowd to "respect his authoritah".

Thankfully there wasn't much groping involved, and when he demanded I take my shoes off on the return trip, I said "They're the same shoes I was wearing last week, and since then, I've been hiking around the desert a lot, so they smell pretty bad, but if you REALLY want me to stink up the terminal, well OK. But hurry it up, I need to drink some beers before the flight."
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Geezus.... it's really getting bad when a Starfleet Admiral is suspected of being a "terraist"
          He wouldn't have this problem if he didn't hang around people that like to ask about nuclear wessels.
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

No. He's from Iowa. He only works in outer space.......
            Do you really think we'd have someone host the closing ceremonies at the Vancouver Olympics???

Bill's a very proud Canadian from Montreal...well, Verdun to be exact...
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I've been getting pat-downs at airports for 22 years. I have a pacemaker so can't go through metal detectors, and the wands can screw up the device.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

According to the TSA and NSA's logic, everyone is a terrorist! But whenever a bombing suspects father goes to the US embassy to tell them that his son is planning an attack, they ignore it.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                  Do you really think we'd have someone host the closing ceremonies at the Vancouver Olympics???

Bill's a very proud Canadian from Montreal...well, Verdun to be exact...
                  Yeah, I know that. I was just quoting one of his lines from Star Trek IV (still the best movie of the series)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah, I know that. I was just quoting one of his lines from Star Trek IV (still the best movie of the series)
                    Gotcha. I was wondering how the hell you would not know that, you do have more knowledge of Canada than your average US citizen

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I think it's funny that Kirk found it so upsetting, I would just have laughed.

There are a hell of a lot more important things in the world than 30 seconds of hassle occasionally when you choose to fly.
                      I would think it would be extremely embarrassing for an 83 year old...

Comment

Working...