Is Pennsylvania going to be the site of the next stolen election?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

there is no voter fraud issue........... the percentages are so low it's laughable.......but those who want what they want, and don't care, do as they do......

Comment

• golitely
      Roadie
      • Nov 2011

We no longer live in small communities where you know your neighbor and public censure was often enuff to curb bad behavior and the person at the polling place could just waive you in cuz they recognized you.

Photo ID to vote should be a no-brainer. As for it disproportionately affecting the poor, waive the fee for a state ID (which is distinct from a driver's license, which arguably could work to exclude the elderly, the poor, etc. tho even that is a stretch) for people who qualify for some sort of govt aid.

I'm from Illinois (talk about voting irregularities!), but have dual citizenship and vote in Italy also. To be able to vote here you first have to establish residence, which means going to the govt office with a rental contract, marriage certificate, or whatever that shows that you live at a certain place. Then the police stop by your house to make sure you actually live there. Then you receive your voter registration card (hand delivered by a rep from the voting office, they are moving away from that, prob for cost reasons). When you go to vote, you bring your card and a photo ID (your carta d'identità-state issued ID) which they check against a list that you have to sign. I've never heard anyone bitch about having to have a photo ID and be properly registered becuz it is so obvious that controls should be in place to avoid fraud. Plus they think Americans a absurd with all the hanging chad business when all that is needed is to provide a list on which the voter makes a big X by hand for the person they are voting for which can be quickly counted by hand at the end of the day. And I'd point out that the voter participation rate is much higher in Italy (and maybe continential Europe in general), than it is in the US, despite the "onerous" voter registration process and reqmt of a photo ID.

On the other side, one could also argue that holding the election on Tuesday rather than a weekend (like in Europe), advantages the Democrats since of course all Dems are unemployed welfare rats who have nothing better to do that roam from voting place to voting place at the urging of the Dem machine and the unions, while hard-working Repubs are at work earning to pay the taxes to support the welfare queens.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Pennsylvania might want to take a look into fixing their whole man-boy society thingy before they concentrate on anything else.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          So when a maniac tells an audience of right wing lunatics point blank that he DOESN'T WANT PEOPLE TO FUCKING VOTE....blah blah blah
          And where the hell does he say that, FORD? You're mind, not to mention reading and listening skills, are twisted.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Do you want illegal aliens to vote ??
            That's like asking if you want Martians to vote...it's a complete nonissue. The whole voter ID thing iw pretty much a bullshit nonissue since any study has shown negligible voter fraud in elections at all levels. It's government trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist based on racist paranoia, and yes it is about suppressing the vote of minorities....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by golitely
              We no longer live in small communities where you know your neighbor and public censure was often enuff to curb bad behavior and the person at the polling place could just waive you in cuz they recognized you.

Photo ID to vote should be a no-brainer. As for it disproportionately affecting the poor, waive the fee for a state ID (which is distinct from a driver's license, which arguably could work to exclude the elderly, the poor, etc. tho even that is a stretch) for people who qualify for some sort of govt aid.

I'm from Illinois (talk about voting irregularities!), but have dual citizenship and vote in Italy also. To be able to vote here you first have to establish residence, which means going to the govt office with a rental contract, marriage certificate, or whatever that shows that you live at a certain place. Then the police stop by your house to make sure you actually live there. Then you receive your voter registration card (hand delivered by a rep from the voting office, they are moving away from that, prob for cost reasons). When you go to vote, you bring your card and a photo ID (your carta d'identità-state issued ID) which they check against a list that you have to sign. I've never heard anyone bitch about having to have a photo ID and be properly registered becuz it is so obvious that controls should be in place to avoid fraud. Plus they think Americans a absurd with all the hanging chad business when all that is needed is to provide a list on which the voter makes a big X by hand for the person they are voting for which can be quickly counted by hand at the end of the day. And I'd point out that the voter participation rate is much higher in Italy (and maybe continential Europe in general), than it is in the US, despite the "onerous" voter registration process and reqmt of a photo ID.

On the other side, one could also argue that holding the election on Tuesday rather than a weekend (like in Europe), advantages the Democrats since of course all Dems are unemployed welfare rats who have nothing better to do that roam from voting place to voting place at the urging of the Dem machine and the unions, while hard-working Repubs are at work earning to pay the taxes to support the welfare queens.
              No offense dude, but I wouldn't model ANYTHING in this country after the Italian gov't...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So, I guess everyone should just waltz right in, write your name and vote ??

Comment

• golitely
                  Roadie
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  No offense dude, but I wouldn't model ANYTHING in this country after the Italian gov't...
                  Dudette...and no, I wouldn't recommend following Italy in anything. Just pointing out that altho they have a far more onerous voter registration process (and I would guess much of Europe is the same), you get no whining about disinfranchisement and voter participation is higher. It is just common sense that you prove who you are when you are doing something so important as voting.

To ensure everyone entitled has equal access to vote, I do not think it unreasonable or intimidating to issue a photo ID/voter registration card, forget the DR LIC or whatever that not everyone may have, to level the field.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Louisiana is similar to what you've described...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by golitely
                      Dudette...and no, I wouldn't recommend following Italy in anything. Just pointing out that altho they have a far more onerous voter registration process (and I would guess much of Europe is the same), you get no whining about disinfranchisement and voter participation is higher. It is just common sense that you prove who you are when you are doing something so important as voting.

To ensure everyone entitled has equal access to vote, I do not think it unreasonable or intimidating to issue a photo ID/voter registration card, forget the DR LIC or whatever that not everyone may have, to level the field.
                      Um, Italy has an optional national ID card, asshole. Try that in the U.S. I really don't have much of a problem with it per say, but everyone here--the left, right, center, civil libertarians--all are against such a card.

It's also ironic how dummies like Elvis agree with your statements when anything else in Europe is an anathema to them...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        So, I guess everyone should just waltz right in, write your name and vote ??
                        No dummy...

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          And where the hell does he say that, Satan? You're mind, not to mention reading and listening skills, are twisted.
                          Obviously it is YOUR listening and comprehension skills to blame here. And since the video apparently went too fast for you, here's the transcript.....

"How many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome. Good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
                          This treasonous son of a bitch has contempt for the very act of Democracy itself. And yet you cheer on the acts of fascism passed by the criminal organization founded by this man.
                          Last edited by Satan; 07-07-2012, 12:31 PM.
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• golitely
                            Roadie
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Um, Italy has an optional national ID card, asshole. Try that in the U.S. I really don't have much of a problem with it per say, but everyone here--the left, right, center, civil libertarians--all are against such a card.

It's also ironic how dummies like Elvis agree with your statements when anything else in Europe is an anathema to them...
                            Hostile, hostile.
                            The CdI itself if not obligatory, but a photo ID of some sort is and as a practical matter that is the CdI. By law you must always carry ID with you or the police can detain you until they can establish your identity.

I am American and find a lot of the police state stuff in Europe disquieting, too. Still, I fail to see how asking someone to present a DR Lic to pick up his ballot places a substantial burden on the right to vote. The state has a interest in safeguarding the integrity of the voting process and requiring a photo ID (with perhaps an alternative ID process in place to address that very slim minority of circumstances where a person may not have an ID) goes a reasonable way towards this aim without unduly burdening the voter.

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

It is a huge red-flag that so few voter fraud and voting rigging are prosecuted.
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...