X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    He was referring to guns in a particular class. So use one pistol not five. You don't need to be fumbling for the safety an waste time thinking about it. You should just instinctively know what to do. When you clutter it up you get confused.
    I see, that makes sense. As I mentioned above, I have always gravitated toward weapons that operate alike for that reason.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Choose your weapon wisely. Pick the gun that you can shoot the best. And don't be a faggot who believes that you should grab the biggest hand-cannon on the face of the earth. .

This thread is awesome.....
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

It could be worse
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

There are only a few people who can shoot a Desert Eagle .50 cal with one hand.
          I had one of these in .357 magnum and man that thing shot sweet. My best friend had one in .44 mag and one in .50, the .44 is a pussycat and the .50 is not too bad but shooting it one handed would be a challenge as it weighs over five pounds with no ammo in it. He eventually sold it, mainly because at the time it was $2.25 every time you pull the trigger.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

It could be worse
            A thread about a mass shooting at a movie, was hijacked by ELVIS into some weird Alex Jonestown conspiracy bullshit about the Manchurain Candidate.....it was then further hijacked by gun nuts and Tom Selleck Fans so it was closed for a "timeout" [30 mins] where ELVIS FREAKS out and starts a WHINE THREAD first, and then this "Batman Psyops" thread....only to have it hijacked by the same gun nuts.

Oh, the irony.

Please, don't let me interrupt.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              I had one of these in .357 magnum and man that thing shot sweet. My best friend had one in .44 mag and one in .50, the .44 is a pussycat and the .50 is not too bad but shooting it one handed would be a challenge as it weighs over five pounds with no ammo in it. He eventually sold it, mainly because at the time it was $2.25 every time you pull the trigger.
              Back when the .44 magnum was introduced it wasn't unusual for a dude to buy the gun and a box of ammo and after 6 shots he was done. Lots of .44s have been sold over the years that have only been shot 6 times and they come with a box of ammo minus the six shots

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                A thread about a mass shooting at a movie, was hijacked by ELVIS into some weird Alex Jonestown conspiracy bullshit about the Manchurain Candidate.....it was then further hijacked by gun nuts and Tom Selleck Fans so it was closed for a "timeout" [30 mins] where ELVIS FREAKS out and starts a WHINE THREAD first, and then this "Batman Psyops" thread....only to have it hijacked by the same gun nuts.

Oh, the irony.

Please, don't let me interrupt.
                Gun nuts?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Gun nuts?
                  Yes.

Nut: Aficianado, fanatic, etc.....

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Back when the .44 magnum was introduced it wasn't unusual for a dude to buy the gun and a box of ammo and after 6 shots he was done. Lots of .44s have been sold over the years that have only been shot 6 times and they come with a box of ammo minus the six shots
                    I don't get that, the gas operated action tames the recoil so well that it is simple to shoot versus a comparable revolver. The .44 mag can be held on target while you run through an entire clip in a few seconds.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

So this thread is only for conspiracy theories relating to the most recent shooting? I'm not being a dick, honestly, I'm just trying to keep the threads straight.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                        I don't get that, the gas operated action tames the recoil so well that it is simple to shoot versus a comparable revolver. The .44 mag can be held on target while you run through an entire clip in a few seconds.
                        No, I was talking about the original .44 magnum revolvers from back in the day. Not autos.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Nuts and Guns...hold both...and you are adopted.
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            .....it was then further hijacked by gun nuts and Tom Selleck Fans....only to have it hijacked by the same gun nuts.
                            I will accept the label of Tom Selleck fan, though I am even bigger fan of James Garner, but I'm not a fan of the "gun nut" tag. I don't see myself as being terribly different from anyone else who was raised in a similar environment. I don't talk excessively or inappropriately about guns, wear t-shirts with gun shit on them or brandish or attempt to impress people with any firearms I may or may not own and as I stated before I feel there is a tremendous responsibility that goes with gun ownership. All that seems quite reasonable to me.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

What was the thread topic, again?

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

No, I was talking about the original .44 magnum revolvers from back in the day. Not autos.
                                Gotcha. One of my best friends is like that. He's about 5'7", weighs roughly 145 and .44 mags beat him up pretty good.

Comment

Working...