• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dupie poops...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

We are never going to fix anything without both sides coming together. What are the main problems? Crony capitalism which is no longer free market capitalism and not enough jobs that offer any growth potential.

I think the political process is bought and paid for and in many cases the legal system is compromised. We have so many people on food stamps and other government assistance that taking that away would basically mean genocide. The problem is those people need the government and don't want to rock the boat because it's their source of food and shelter. So they aren't going to stand up to anything.

That doesn't stop the continued destruction of what's left of the private economy and you have people that will never get on welfare but then you have the right wing suckering them into thinking massive government cuts overnight is the way to go.

If you look at this long-term and realistically the only card the public can play is massive general strikes. Start shutting things down but this needs to be organized which traditionally is unions. The thing is we don't have the manufacturing we used to so we don't have the unions we used to have. Some of the unions are corrupt. But there is still a chance things could organize that way and that is why the Romney types want to break unions which is not a good thing.

The problem we have right now is the public is divided and we don't have a well defined foe to organize against but we can define the problems which is not enough living wage jobs for the population and a banking system that has shut us out of the political process.

The Democratic party at it's best was the living wage party and legitimate civil rights came out of it. If people can get the attitude back that we want an honest wage for an honest days work instead of the attitude of a free lunch we might be able to turn things. Where Obama is failing is he is selling the free lunch to get re-elected. Long-term the welfare programs need to transform into get you back to work programs. We need some entry-level jobs with the opportunity to improve your education again. Without that nothing is going to change.

But everyone agrees, we need real jobs, we need the cost of healthcare and education reduced, and we need banking regulation. The problem is there is no leadership anyone trusts to do those things.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Talking out of your ass again? As I said the ship was renovated and modernized in the 1980's with a relatively wasteful, short-term deployment and it was again deactivated in 1992. It could be brought back into active service probably a few months...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wisconsin_%28BB-64%29
        Picky Picky. I got to board the New Jersey when it came into the Port of Seattle years ago. You are right, the old battle wagons were upgraded to be missile launch platforms. I think Reagan just wanted to get them out of mothballs and see them sail again. They still are battleships and battleships were obsolete by the end of World War II. Good for shelling the beach which we did during the Gulf War to make ol' Saddam think we were making an amphibious invasion on his coast line.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Why do you feel like you gotta repeat the same bullshit over and over, anyway ??

You might want to ask yourself that question first, idiot.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Here's a nice Ayn Rand-ish one!

Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Great vid here......We're heading back to the good ole days of Compassionate Conservatism

Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Burrock Oh bye bye...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Here's a nice Ayn Rand-ish one!

To be fair, for a little context, "used social security benefits" should also include "due to the death of his father when Ryan was 18"....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Ryan was 16 when his father died, but facts don't matter to these Obama supporters...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Ryan was 16 when his father died, but facts don't matter to these Obama supporters...
                        I stand corrected....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

10,000+ romneyryan rally in wi

Waukesha - Brushing aside tears and responding to raucous cheers, U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan returned to Wisconsin on Sunday for an emotional homecoming in front of thousands of people on the grounds of the Waukesha County Expo Center.

"It's good to be home," Ryan said in a speech that wove personal history and national aspiration.

A day after he was named Mitt Romney's running mate and vaulted on to the Republican Party's biggest political stage, Ryan spoke of his family's deep roots in Wisconsin and his ties to Janesville, where "we live on the block I grew up on."

"My veins run with cheese, bratwurst, a little Spotted Cow, Leinie's and some Miller," he said. "I was raised on the Packers, Badgers, Bucks and Brewers.

"I like to hunt here, I like to fish here, I like to snowmobile here. I even think ice fishing is interesting. I'm a Wisconsinite through and through."

Despite dark skies that threatened rain, the weather remained pleasant for the early evening appearances by Ryan and the GOP's presumptive presidential nominee, Romney. The sun peeked through clouds to light the stage during most of the 26 minutes of speeches by the newly minted Republican ticket.

In many ways, this was a Ryan family affair, the candidate saying hello to his mother, Betty, from the stage, while also speaking warmly about his wife, Janna, and children, Liza, Charles and Sam. He also joked that half the crowd was made up of the extended Ryan family.

Ryan saluted three other Wisconsin Republicans who have achieved national prominence: Gov. Scott Walker, Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus and U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson.

"We're just guys from Tosa, Kenosha, Oshkosh and Janesville," Ryan said "What we learned in this state, just a little while ago, is that we want to elect men and women who run for office and tell us who they really are, what they really believe, what they're really going to do, and when they get elected, they do that.

"That's what we do here in Wisconsin."

Ryan framed the fall campaign between the Republicans and Presi dent Barack Obama as a stark choice.

"Do we want that opportunity society, a safety net, a land of upward mobility, where people can make the most of their lives, where people can get ahead?" Ryan said. "Or, do we want to go down the path of debt, doubt and despair. Do we want to copy Europe? No."

Ryan said, "We want to have the kind of an election where we earn your support, where we win an election because you said, 'Go fix the mess in Washington.' So when we win the election, we go fix this mess in Washington."

Romney lauded his new running mate "as someone who is a leader . . . who has real character, who loves America," before quickly stepping up the rhetoric against Obama.

"If you follow the campaign of Barack Obama, he's going to do everything in his power to make this the lowest, meanest negative campaign in history. We're not going to let that happen," Romney said.

He declared: "Mr. President, take your campaign out of the gutter and let's talk about the real issues that America faces."

Feisty and animated, Romney appeared to draw new energy from his new running mate. He easily brushed aside a heckler near the stage, telling him, "You ought to find yourself a different place to be disruptive because here we believe in listening to people with dignity and respect."

The Romney-Ryan ticket ignited the Republican base in its Wisconsin heartland. Roads were jammed for miles as thousands of people vied to get an up-close-and-personal view of the GOP's national ticket. Romney-Ryan T-shirts were big sellers, and people waved Romney-Ryan placards.

"This pair is fantastic," said Mary Lou Kavon of Verona. She called Ryan an outstanding pick by Romney and predicted they would win in the fall.

She said Ryan was a great choice because of his fiscal conservatism and knowledge of the federal budget.

Sharon Roder of Waukesha said she couldn't be more pleased with the Ryan pick.

"He's a good Christian, outstanding character, just a really incredible guy," Roder said. "He's very conservative, which is very important."

Despite the celebratory tone of the event, U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner of Menomonee Falls introduced a dose of caution on the problems plaguing the country.

"A Romney administration will change business as usual," he said. "This administration will be controversial. It will cause pain" to restore the economy.

Obama weighed in on Ryan's selection during a fundraising event in Chicago.

"Just yesterday, my opponent chose his running mate, the ideological leader of Republicans in Congress, Mr. Paul Ryan. . . . I want to congratulate Congressman Ryan. I know him. I welcome him to the race."

Obama said, "Congressman Ryan is a decent man. He is a family man. He's an articulate spokesman for Governor Romney's vision. But it's a vision that I fundamentally disagree with."

Wisconsin Democrats also weighed in on Ryan's rise to the No. 2 spot on the Republican ticket.

"While in places like Janesville, I'm sure there's a certain pride for having Paul on the ticket, this state and nation are focusing on the future of this country," Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said.

Barrett added that the policies of Romney and Ryan "are based on a flawed economic theory, a trickle-down economic theory that takes us back to the past."

Still buzzing from the rollout of the ticket Saturday in Virginia, Romney and Ryan began Sunday with campaign rallies in North Carolina.

They also sat down for a joint interview with "60 Minutes" during which they tried to blunt Democratic criticism of Ryan's budget plans, particularly his proposal to transform Medicare into a voucher system for younger Americans.

"My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida," Ryan told CBS. "Our point is, we need to preserve their benefits because government made promises to them that they've organized their retirements around. In order to make sure we can do that, you must reform it for those of us who are younger. And we think these reforms are good reforms that have bipartisan origins. They started from the Clinton commission in the late '90s."

In an interview with CNN, Obama's senior campaign adviser, David Axelrod, called Ryan "a right-wing ideologue" and said his selection as Romney's running mate "has helped further define the race."

"I don't think it has shaken up the race, because Governor Romney has embraced many of the positions that Congressman Ryan espouses, extreme as they sound," Axelrod said.

Democrats appear to be rushing to define Ryan before he can define himself to a national audience. Before his selection Saturday, about 43% of Americans said they hadn't heard of Ryan, according to a series of You Gov polls for the Comparative Campaign Analysis project.

After the event, the Ryan-Romney entourage headed to Mitchell International Airport. Romney and Ryan grasped one another and said goodbye before heading to separate airplanes.

Last edited by ELVIS; 08-13-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Untrue. The only reason I'd fault him for this is if he wants to take the same opportunity he had to finish school away from others.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

That's just spin...

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                The US Navy de-mothballed various units of the the Iowa/Missouri Class Battleship and used them into the 1990's. Even this ship could be brought back into service...

There is none, it's a static display although some were used during the Cold War as giant gun platforms using their 16-inch guns for offshore bombardment. I always thought the fact they were so big was cool, but then their signature would have made them huge, expensive targets for Soviet subs and air-power...
                                The USS Wisconsin shelled the shit out of the Iraqis in Kuwait and it also launched cruise missles into Iraq. The Iraqis feared it so much that they surrendered to the Wisconsin's reconnaissance/artillery spotting drone. It's plenty useful.

Comment

Working...