Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

First of all, this crime cannot be categorized with the other recent shootings.

This was one pissed off guy, who targeted a single person, his former boss. Sucks for the former boss, but all the other damage here was done by poorly trained police, not the gunman.

And you can blame that on that fucking miserable asshole Ray Kelly, who would rather harrass Occupy Wall Street, or run his own personal CIA within the NYPD than actually train rookie cops when, how, and WHO to shoot at.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Often trumpeted and largely bogus, the claim doesn't correlate well with statistics because there is another town in GA about the same size that banned guns and also has had a massive drop in crime, in fact Kennesaw has MORE burglaries because buglers love stealing firearms. It's hard to make claims about middle to upper middle class towns that have always had low crime rates that are relevant to crime stats anyways since both Kennesaw and Morton, GA have had so little to begin with anyways...
      It's not rocket surgery.

There are lots of very violent people here but most of the time when they attack people they punch, kick or cut with knives. Fortunately since most of them don't have a machine designed to kill people like a gun to hand when these disputes break out then our murder rate is much lower than yours.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Hey Sesh - what are the gun laws in Scotland? Can one own a handgun or rifle?
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

After the Dunblane shooting in 1996 where a cunt killed 16 little kids with legally owned handguns they were banned. I was at the intensive care unit at the children's hospital that day and I will never forget the faces of the parents...

Bad laws usually result from knee jerk legislation but in that case I don't give a fuck and you wouldn't either if you had been close to it.

You can get single shot rifles for hunting with a license, self loading you can only get at .22

With the breakup of Eastern Europe illegal guns have flooded into the country but it's still fairly unusual for someone to be shot.

For every 20 firearm homicides by population you have, we have 1.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

That's a terrible and tragic story.

I was just curious about your gun laws. I wasn't trying to draw any comparisons or anything.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You can't really compare because we are coming from a different starting point whereby apparently there are over 300 million firearms in the US already.

There are no easy answers, some sort of compulsory test fire ballistics database seems like a no brainer to me but there seem to be a lot of lunatics on this issue over there.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

We do have an overabundance of loonies here.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I guess I'm too emotive on the subject but I can't help it.

I wasn't a parent myself back then now I would definitely have gone to pieces...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Whhaaaatttt?

nypd: Empire state victims hit by police gunfire

new york (ap) — all nine people injured during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the empire state building were wounded by gunfire from the two officers, police said saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

The veteran patrolmen who opened fire on the suit-clad gunman, jeffrey johnson, had only an instant to react when he whirled around and pointed a .45-caliber pistol at them as they approached him from behind on a busy sidewalk.

Officer craig matthews shot seven times, and officer robert sinishtaj fired nine times, police said. Neither had ever fired their weapons before on a patrol.

The volley of gunfire felled johnson in just a few seconds and left nine other people bleeding on the sidewalk.
                    the rest of the story

Comment

Working...