X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Except for the fact he got us OUT of Iraq and is winding down the Afghan War...
    The Iraq war was winding down when Barry took office. We'll see about Afghanistan, particularly since both al-Qaeda and the Taliban have been extremely accurate as of late.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
      New tactics:

01. Say nothing specific;
      02. Failing that, make up some random bullshit and inflate numbers in your favor - grotesquely;
      03. Pretend you're "poor" and "common".
      This also known as The Obama Doctrine.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        The Iraq war was winding down when Barry took office. We'll see about Afghanistan, particularly since both al-Qaeda and the Taliban have been extremely accurate as of late.
        Having peak troop strength in country is hardly "winding down."...

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          it also doesn't help Republicans when their former candidates like Frothy Mixture openly admit that they are the party of the stupid......

Frothy speaks the truth. All they'll ever be able to attract are ignorant, unintelligent, uniformed idiots. Y'know, like BlandBitchBrie and Eldouchevis...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            His choice was not to get too involved, it was the French, British and Italians that pushed things, and I think they were right to do so...
            Based on what, humanitarian issues ??

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              Frothy speaks the truth. All they'll ever be able to attract are ignorant, unintelligent, uniformed idiots. Y'know, like BlandBitchBrie and Eldouchevis...
              You wouldn't know sarcasm if it came up and kicked you in the ass, yet I know you know what an ass-kicking is firsthand.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

No he doesn't, he's retarded...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  ...he's retarded...
                  That much is obvious to everyone.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Based on what, humanitarian issues ??
                    It was well known for a long time now that Gaddafi was actually insane and quite murderous.

Blair getting into bed with him in recent years was particularly distasteful...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Well, it all sounds like propaganda to me...

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here we go again...that same old tired argument, racism. You guys need to try to come up with a new argument. Was black and Hispanic opposition to Bush racism also? Must have been. Do you think Republican opposition to Obama wouldn't be as bad if he were full white? The answer is no. Do you think Republicans would embrace Alan Keyes, JC Watts, or Allen West if they were on the ticket? The answer is yes.
                        Would that be the same Alan Keyes who was arrested when he tried to enter the Repukelican convention in 2000? And while admittedly I don't keep a close watch on "retired" right wing politicians, I don't think JC Watts has played much of a role in the party since he left Congress. As for Allen West, he's just completely batshit crazy. Yeah, so is Keyes, but West takes it to a whole new level. He's possibly crazier than Michelle Bachmann, or even Steve King.

BTW Brie.... why did the Repukes turn on Michael Steele following the supposed "historic" victory in the 2010 congressional races?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It was well known for a long time now that Gaddafi was actually insane and quite murderous.

Blair getting into bed with him in recent years was particularly distasteful...

From the photo it looks like they really did get into bed with each other.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Santorum makes Palin look like a fucking genius.

Pennsylvania voted this odious little prick in twice?
                            Sarah is smarter. She has made $15 million since she was nominated as McCain's running mate. She marketed her image well. Even her dolt daughter gets huge speaking fees. She's milked the stupid and gullable public quite nicely.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yes, we want Obama out of the WH. You still fail to realize any opposition to him is because the man doesn't have sound policies. Where is your outrage at the Senate Democrats, particularly Harry Reid, who have shelved, at last count, 22 jobs bills from the House? Why not debate them and whittle them down to a compromise? I'll tell you why: they don't want the Republicans to get credit for a bill/law that puts more people back to work. This country has lost over a half a million manufacturing jobs since Obama has been POTUS.

You don't agree with Republican policy so you claim that is "total lack of caring for this country ?" How convenient. And differences of opinion has always been in politics and always will.

Here we go again...that same old tired argument, racism. You guys need to try to come up with a new argument. Was black and Hispanic opposition to Bush racism also? Must have been. Do you think Republican opposition to Obama wouldn't be as bad if he were full white? The answer is no. Do you think Republicans would embrace Alan Keyes, JC Watts, or Allen West if they were on the ticket? The answer is yes. If Hillary were the POTUS do you think the opposition to her would be any less than that toward Obama? The answer is no. Zahzoo, I've always had respect for your posts (still do) even if I haven't always agreed with them. I'm a little embarrassed for you that you seem to have to mention racism. Democrats and their sympathizers, for the life of them, can't understand why Republicans can't support Obama and his platform so they constantly claim it's racism. If Hillary were POTUS I imagine you guys would claim it was Misogyny, right?
                              To your first point... laws don't create jobs with the exception of Federal programs and the sub-industries that support them... like defense and weapons manufacturing and the IRS and tax/accounting industry. But back to reality... the failure of the economy was caused by a convergence of two long term trends that finally reached a tipping point in 2008. The risk laden financial game intersected with the long term jobs erosion and the combined to create a catastrophic collapse that still hasn't recovered and won't for a long time until more drastic changes occur.

Laws didn't cause this... some blame federal regulation or deregulation. But frankly Wall street, financial sectors and corporate executives drove this by their behaviors and greed to make money short term and support stock values. I view them all like NASCAR crew chiefs who find the grey area to work to get the most performance... some call it cheating and to a degree there's "illegal" elements at play and still are today. Unfortunately the greed clouded their long term vision and they didn't see themselves driving their own eventual collapse.

On racism... I believe I've seen just about every flavor out there. Both blatant public displays and dark subversive ways people display hatred. Growing up in California I saw it with Hispanics and Asians... living in Texas more Hispanic and blacks... then living in the south certain small towns still are split by the tracks and segregated like it was still the 1940's. But the worst I saw and experienced was the 2 and half years I spent living in Iowa in the recent times... I see the very same subversive behaviors being displayed toward our president... both in congress and in public sentiment outside of Washington... the worst of it all coming from people I know personally that are far on the right conservative, christian NRA types... They don't even try to mask it in some of the political spam they send me...

There's no way you can't say racism isn't influencing behaviors towards our president and his administration. Either you can't recognize it or don't know what it looks and feels like.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I really don't see much racism here or hear anything derogatory. We do have a large hispanic population actually because we are a resort town and they are the landscapers, kitchen staff, and housekeepers. The place I saw the most racism was living in Syracuse, New York. Blacks from the south moved in to get on New York's welfare system. The older white people hated them and called them all sorts of names. Usually where there is a lot of racism there is a reason. Usually an economy in decline and people need a scape goat. Syracuse was a former industrial city losing everything when I was there. Bristol Meyers was moving out, Fischer Auto Body closed down, Carrier was moving out. The politics was corrupt. What was once a grand city was in decline badly. The thing is the black people were just taking advantage of a system some corrupt probably white guys put together in Albany.

As far as Obama goes, people bitch about him just like they bitched about Bush Jr. Mostly frustration that the bankers haven't been brought to justice and there is a double standard in Washington and it's bleeding the rest of us dry.

Comment

Working...