• ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Uh, game show host?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To get back to the topic I doubt he would have voted.

When he was asked about it on the radio show a few times he always replied "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Plus he seems to like a low profile and California isn't exactly a swing state so why go through the hassle?

I almost never made this post because who gives a fuck anyway?

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        To get back to the topic I doubt he would have voted.

When he was asked about it on the radio show a few times he always replied "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Plus he seems to like a low profile and California isn't exactly a swing state so why go through the hassle?

I almost never made this post because who gives a fuck anyway?
        Aaaaww Dave... I don't vote either :-) i love him <3
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          The thing is. You either have it or you don't. You can't polish a turd. Dave had it. Also, a spoiled rich kid would have quit. It's work playing dive bars and parties for years; especially, when you are in college and have to carry your own equipment around. Some guys in here have done that I'm sure. It's work.
          Hell yes, it's work... especially if you are making a serious go at it.

Typical week in my early 20's... Up at 7am Mon - Fri... work day job 8am - 6 or 7pm. Go to the practice studio, load the truck with our gear. Hit the venue. Unload and set-up the gear. Sound check at 8:30. Perform until 1-1:30am. Load the gear. Drive back. Unload the gear... Go home and get maybe 4 hours sleep... then repeat. Weekends usually involved after show parties that went until dawn... Sat & Sun afternoons involved practice or recording session if we weren't playing weddings or other crap. About once a month we may get a Sunday off and sleep for 16 hours...

I did that routine for about 5 years... my day job relocated me to another state and at that point I decided my career in IT had a better outlook and I could actually sleep sometimes.

As Nitro mentioned... back in those days even if your parents were doing well... you were expected to get out and make your own life. Mom kept the silver spoon in here memory box... Dad told ya to get out and work for a living. Simple as that.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...