Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If you look at this election overall, it was a great victory for "liberals"/"progressives"/those of us who live in reality and not in the Book of Mormon or Atlas Shrugged..

Legalizing weed....marriage equality....electing a lesbian senator in Wisconsin...getting rid of Joe Lieberdouche and Ben Nelson in the Senate and replacing them with Elizabeth Warren and Angus King - another independent of the Bernie Sanders variety. Alan Grayson is back in the House and teabagger war criminal Allen West is not. And the pro-rape wackjobs Akin, Mourdock, and Deadbeat Dad Walsh - GONE.

No we didn't get Rocky or Jill for President. And the House was so fucking gerrymandered that it was still out of reach. But at least some of the very worst are gone.

We, the people WON this election. And as the Repukes were so fucking fond of saying after elections they didn't even actually win (2000/2004) ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

It is time to reverse this 32 year toilet spiral of Jude Wanniski "Two Santa Clauses" trickle down supply side horseshit. The so called "job creators" actually created more jobs when they had to either invest money in their businesses or PAY TAXES on it. And that should be their only options again. Not outsourcing, cutting corners, going cheap.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Nothing is going to change because nobody is going to do a thing about the real economic problems. It will just be more taxes, more fees, less personal freedom and a dollar that buys less. Neither the Republicans or Democrats understand sound economic policy. What about all the constitutional freedoms we lost? The door is open for the government to start arresting, detaining, and killing anyone they don't like. The Patriot Act. The National Defense Authorization Act.

I don't see another four years of Obama doing a thing about these problems and they are serious problems.

It's historically rare that a country this big can get itself in this big of a quagmire and pull out of it. The only way to turn it is massive spending cuts. Everyone is going to have to take the pain and anyone who sells that can't get elected. So the politicians will continue to buy votes and the Federal Reserve will continue to debase the currency to avoid having to pay the debt the politicians run up.

Until massive spending cuts happen and we get on a sane currency program, the US will continue to die a slow death.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-12-2012, 02:49 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

You can't have the national debt be bigger than the gross national product of the country and have a working economy. The big problem is the monetary system has gotten too far from reality and that monetary system took over the US Federal Government a long time ago.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I don't see another four years of Obama doing a thing about these problems and they are serious problems.
          He CAN'T do it by himself, our government is set up so that he CAN'T do it by himself....

So when you say statements like that, you MUST say that neither Obama NOR Congress will do a thing about it.....

Which I still disagree with, because it's not the Democrats who are filibustering everything Obama does.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

But Va, nobody on either side but Ron Paul in Congress has put forth one bit of real effort or proposal to do anything whatsoever about the real fiscal problem that is here now...

It's here NOW!

You and others (not saying you do) may say it's not here now, but it is...

People don't feel it...yet...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It actually is too bad that neither Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich will be in the House next year. But that's a seperate issue from the filibuster horseshit.

BTW Senator Bernie Sanders has been pretty much on the same page with Paul and Kucinich when it comes to the "Federal" Reserve. I'm not sure where the new independent Senator Angus King is on that.

Elizabeth Warren is no friend of the banksters though, that much is certain.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                BTW Senator Bernie Sanders has been pretty much on the same page with Paul and Kucinich when it comes to the "Federal" Reserve.
                yeah, there are people like Sanders who are on board but it's mostly rhetoric...

Most if not all of these people are too afraid to put their cushy political careers on the line for a cause...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  But Va, nobody on either side but Ron Paul in Congress has put forth one bit of real effort or proposal to do anything whatsoever about the real fiscal problem that is here now...

It's here NOW!

You and others (not saying you do) may say it's not here now, but it is...

People don't feel it...yet...

What do you call the American Jobs Act ??
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

A good idea...

I'm not an Obama hater...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      Sorry, but Congress is not Obama's rubber stamp. All 3 entities, the POTUS, Senate, and House, are going to have to learn to work together and COMPROMISE.
                      How is The Filibuster Rule fostering COMPROMISE?

Why should anyone have to compromise, if they know they can simply stop things dead in their tracks without lifting a finger?
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• knuckleboner
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Sorry, but Congress is not Obama's rubber stamp. All 3 entities, the POTUS, Senate, and House, are going to have to learn to work together and COMPROMISE.
                        so you're ok with some level of increased revenue?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

We have a very divided country and the currency is going to pot. That's the big picture. People wasted all their energy on following an election that didn't change a thing. A bunch of partisan bickering and maneuvering over nothing. There will just be more arguing and finger pointing as energy and food become more expensive. The big wakeup will be when the food stamps are no good. That won't be pretty.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I don't think any 1 group of people should have to pay shoulder more of the burden. As much as I'd like to reduce spending to the point we don't need a federal income tax, it aint' going to happen.

They need to reduce spending and increase taxes -- on everyone -- until the debt is repaid. We're all in this together.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              They need to reduce spending and increase taxes -- on everyone -- until the debt is repaid. We're all in this together.
                              Agreed. Even a family of 4 making 20K can chip in $100 a year in taxes.

If you get a full refund from the IRS, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!
                              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                                so you're ok with some level of increased revenue?
                                Depends on how you raise that revenue. Broadening the tax base would be the most effective way.
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...