fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Must also be great for you, Zah, shopping at Wal-Fart conscious free

http://occupyamerica.crooksandliars....kills-least-11
      That's a pretty broad, wrong assumption about me from a human compassion perspective. It's one thing to intellectually debate the semantics of a business issue and how one might balance their family budget by purchasing a common food item at a lower price despite what they pay their workers... but quite another to imply insensitivity to a terrible human tragedy.

What happened in Bangladesh is awful and an unfortunate by-product of 3rd world labor issues not only prevalent in India but also China, Brazil, Argentina, Coasta Rica and Indonesia or any emerging player in the global economy.

Is WalMart to blame..? Not directly but I get the connection. Are you aware that Walmart inspected that factory twice last year and gave them their lowest safety rating. Plus they were due for a follow-up inspection which if failed would have resulted in suspension of orders from Walmart..?

IMO the owners and operators of that factory are directly responsible for the tragedy and should be brought up on criminal charges.

I won't feel any guilt associated with buying Cherrios at Walmart... We very rarely buy clothing there anyway. I prefer local farm supply stores who sell US made clothing at very good prices. Better quality and I'm not suit and tie guy... plus my wife and kids wouldn't be seen in Walmart fashions...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        That's a pretty broad, wrong assumption about me from a human compassion perspective.
        wha---? I need not read no further. You have no compassion for low wage workers um, "Joe Publics" you labeled them with that broad brush keyboard of yours

I'm calling shenanigans on you

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Oh ok... now I'm the bad guy for generalizing. I'll mend my ways and elevate the shelf stockers and shopping cart wranglers to Inventory Logistical Coordinators and Parking Lot Transportation Engineers and we'll bump their pay up $50K a year... feel better now?

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Sarcasm does not help your argument.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess not. I find it impossible to operate on this site without sarcasm... being it's one of the core foundational elements of this sub-culture of Roth & VH.

Further reading on the subject... it appears this issue is as I've mentioned is pretty much business as usual. Walmart wins the prize as the largest offender due to size. But shares the distinction with virtually every large chain of retail, fast food and mid-tier restaurant chains.

Those are just the top 12. I would imagine this trend continues even down to individually or smaller regionally owned similar businesses. It would appear all the dogs have fleas... So do we just shoot em all or do you have a solution to propose, Kristy?

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

How long before Anderson Pooper focuses on sarcasm on the net and uses us the example ??

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I never said Wal-Fart is the sole entity of shit pay and poor employee treatment in the public job sector But you cannot argue even with your sarcasm that they are the worst when it comes advancement and benefits. That article reads like shit anyway. Claiming that these corporations are just as evil as Wal-Fart by having their employees work on Thanksgiving Day is doesn't even began to equate with the constant labor atrocities that Wal-Fart constantly gets away with. It's biased journalism to say Starbucks should be chastised as much as Wal-Fart because they cut benefits to their employees who, by the way, happen to be unionized so what's the point in forming a union in the first place?

Corporate greed exists everywhere and and all levels. Exploitation of the poor, unskilled or uneducated is a must for these cocksuckers to make the profits that they do. Problem is they make absolutely no efferent to better society as a whole by offering their workers better benefits and avenues improve their quality of life. Instead that take that profit and build yet another strip mall to place their business in and splatter the landscape with their corporate logo eyesores. Wal-Fart, Sears, Target etc. don't give a shit about their employees other what the Federal labor laws tell them to. No surprise there. That article proves nothing.

It's people like you who support the increasing poverty rates in this country by copping the attitude that by having your shitty little IT job somehow makes you a better person than say, BigBadBrian's burger flipping skills. Must be a real burden for you to go through life having to shop at Wal-Fart knowing all along you're so elite to all those miserable employees. You measure a person's worth by their bank account and (limited) job skills. By the way, what do IT people do anyway? Press the reboot button on a Chinese made server? Date mine for Google? Plug this shitty (Chinese made) cable into that box over there? Wow. One can' get any more 50K/yr than that!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's people like you who support the increasing poverty rates in this country by copping the attitude that by having your shitty little IT job somehow makes you a better person than say, BigBadBrian's burger flipping skills. Must be a real burden for you to go through life having to shop at Wal-Fart knowing all along you're so elite to all those miserable employees. You measure a person's worth by their bank account and (limited) job skills. By the way, what do IT people do anyway? Press the reboot button on a Chinese made server? Date mine for Google? Plug this shitty (Chinese made) cable into that box over there? Wow. One can' get any more 50K/yr than that!
                    Please don't assume acknowledging and accepting various job roles in the general labor market involving entry-level positions in retail as anything supporting poverty nor making a value judgement on who's better than the next person. You have to have people doing those jobs for our world to work from the bottom to the top of the economic scale. Just because I held jobs at that level in my teens and advanced into a much different career field by working my ass off doesn't make me better than anyone... just in a different place.

Bank accounts say nothing about a person's worth... skills on the other hand can have a direct effect on one's ability to provide for themselves and families. Education can be another worthless measure especially on productive skills... one can be highly educated but lack the ability to apply any of that knowledge into productive output. Thus PhD's and Master degree card holding people stocking shelves... I don't believe any of this is a measure of another's worth. Keep guessing...

What do IT people do... that's a wide field. Some tinker with PC's, plug cables, push buttons and mine data... Some manage networks, web hosting and all the stuff that makes the Internet... Others develop advanced chips, hardware systems, software and provide infrastructure support that enables space exploration, advanced weather monitoring and prediction, quantum physics research, mapping human DNA and genome that enables advanced medical research and a lot of all the wiz-bang stuff that's advanced life here on earth. Most of my career has been in the latter portion... I suppose in your not-so-positive opinion this is some bad thing too that I should be ashamed of?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

zahzoo, the wizbang maker, thank you
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Please don't assume acknowledging and accepting various job roles in the general labor market involving entry-level positions in retail as anything supporting poverty nor making a value judgement on who's better than the next person. You have to have people doing those jobs for our world to work from the bottom to the top of the economic scale. Just because I held jobs at that level in my teens and advanced into a much different career field by working my ass off doesn't make me better than anyone... just in a different place.
                        Really? And pray tell how did you get to that place? Most likely you has an employer who gave you the opportunity to advance where you are today. Wal-Fart entry levels positions are the foundations of the increasing poverty levels in this country. Did any one of your teenage years employers hand you a form for food stamps? Tell me in these economically stressed time where and average of $9/hr pays for rent, food, miscellaneous expenses and a better quality of life when you have no avenues of advancement as you so gracefully once did. Christ, you clutch at some ridiculous straws. Get it through your IT head, this is no "up" when it comes to Wal-Fart.

What do IT people do... that's a wide field. Some tinker with PC's, plug cables, push buttons and mine data... Some manage networks, web hosting and all the stuff that makes the Internet...
                        Like I said, you plug (Chinese made) cables into boxes all day and mine personal data. Golly.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                          zahzoo, the wizbang maker, thank you
                          LOL... I wish one of our great product innovations would have come to fruition... Back in the late 80's while pulling a 30 hour stint compiling code for a software release. Myself and a few other crazy programming geeks came up with and did the base design on a huge human innovation. The RCIV... Rectal Cranial Inversion Viewer... basically involves a wide angle camera embedded in the belly button, with a viewing screen implanted in the abdominal area facing rearward... this device would allow those with their head's up their asses the ability to navigate safely...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

What do IT people do... that's a wide field. Some tinker with PC's, plug cables, push buttons and mine data... Some manage networks, web hosting and all the stuff that makes the Internet... Others develop advanced chips, hardware systems, software and provide infrastructure support that enables space exploration, advanced weather monitoring and prediction, quantum physics research, mapping human DNA and genome that enables advanced medical research and a lot of all the wiz-bang stuff that's advanced life here on earth. Most of my career has been in the latter portion... I suppose in your not-so-positive opinion this is some bad thing too that I should be ashamed of?
                            You should be ashamed...

The black girl working the register has four teenage children and a new baby to pay for...

And that Escalade note she got stuck with from the white man at the used car lot on the corner is tough to pay for...

Child welfare plus food stamps pus child support plus $10/hr at Walmart only goes so far...

She needs a real living wage, say $35/hr ??

Last edited by ELVIS; 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              You should be ashamed...

The black girl working the register has four teenage children and a new baby to pay for...

And that Escalade note she got stuck with from the white man at the used car lot on the corner is tough to pay for...

Child welfare plus food stamps pus child support plus $10/hr at Walmart only goes so far...

She needs a real living wage, say $35/hr ??

Christ, you are one ignorant racist cunt.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Really? And pray tell how did you get to that place? Most likely you has an employer who gave you the opportunity to advance where you are today. Wal-Fart entry levels positions are the foundations of the increasing poverty levels in this country. Did any one of your teenage years employers hand you a form for food stamps? Tell me in these economically stressed time where and average of $9/hr pays for rent, food, miscellaneous expenses and a better quality of life when you have no avenues of advancement as you so gracefully once did. Christ, you clutch at some ridiculous straws. Get it through your IT head, this is no "up" when it comes to Wal-Fart.

Like I said, you plug (Chinese made) cables into boxes all day and mine personal data. Golly.
                                Hmmmm no, never had an employer hand me an app for food stamps. When I moved out on my own in 76... I was making $2.75 an hour as a breakfast cook at Sambos. Had started a year and half earlier at minimum wage of $2.30 an hour. I rented a decent apartment, owned my own car and paid all my bills. This was in Silicon Valley in California no less. There were economic down-turns back then too... In 78 I took "temp work" at a large semi-conductor manufacturer and assembled cables and aligned lasers for the initial release of bar-code readers for cash registers at $4.75 and hour... moved around a few other companies and just kept learning more and working hard and built a career. No one handed anything to me... I chased it down all by myself.

Comment

Working...