Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    That's the thing that's killing me here, Twitter, FB... it's a fucking tragedy, and all you see is "we need more guns/god" bullshit. I don't even have kids and it's sickening. I feel terrible for those kids, and their parents.

Our collective reactions in this thread are normal. This event was beyond tragic and is incomprehensible when we actually start thinking of the young children & their last moments, the policemen that had to find them, the parents planning funerals for christmas. We want....no, we NEED to place blame on something or someone. Too many guns, not enough guns, not enough God, mental illnesses, pharmaceuticals, violence in the culture, not enough security, more laws, etc...

We are all heartbroken and having something to blame helps our minds process the unthinkable & make sense of something that otherwise can not be made sense of.

There will always be evil. Everything else we do just allows us to feel like we have some control over it.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      The NRA has too much political power and with all power, it's corrupted. It's way past time to kick out this paranoid lobbyists cocksuckers.

That's because in all reality they are. Just what is the death rate among rednecks with guns? I bet it's much higher than any Harvard grad with one.

Like the ACLU?

"Rape is one of our most common crimes, but a number of studies from the 1995 to 2004 period agree that armed women and girls stop 450 rapes a day, 165,000 rapes a year, usually without firing a shot. Since 2004 the number of women carrying a concealed weapon has multiplied, so it would not surprise me at all if the 2012 numbers were twice those of 2005."
      A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• clarathecarrot
        Full Member Status

• May 2010

FORD, I don't usually address you because 90% of your posts are clear not my ideas but clear...but saying the NRA has anything to do with guns and escallating violence is like saying there is no recipe for gun powder on the internet and a piece of galvanized pipe in the basement and how the two can't possibly, easily come together.

The ideas in this thread that the cat isn't out of the bag and that the rabbit hole isn't very deep..etc...reek of utopian confusion ......,way from reality.

The NRA inmop is the shoulders we all place our yoke upon to control guns and they do.

There are however many fools who think the NRA is a badge of honor and not a organization of control.
        Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM.
        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The NRA are terrorist jack booted thugs.

No, that's not a name I gave them. It's what Poppy Bush called them when he turned in his membership card.

And that was 20 years ago. They are far more extreme now than they were then.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Good point...
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Guns are not a substitute for shitty debate skills. The only way anyone needs an assault rifle to hunt deer is if the fucking deer are shooting back.

Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                Like the ACLU?

"Rape is one of our most common crimes, but a number of studies from the 1995 to 2004 period agree that armed women and girls stop 450 rapes a day, 165,000 rapes a year, usually without firing a shot. Since 2004 the number of women carrying a concealed weapon has multiplied, so it would not surprise me at all if the 2012 numbers were twice those of 2005."
                Another weak argument. Look at the numbers of women who were raped knew their attacker and not only that, the behavior of their attacker which was violent and unpredictable and where restraining orders and the police failed to protect them. To have them carry a concealed weapon was a last resort when in fear for their life, not the initial act of rape itself. That is another distorted bias by the NRA. No gun will ever prevent rape from happening just like any redneck carrying a concealed 9mm is going to stop the likes of this school shooting ever happening again. There are already too many concealed weapons out there and di one of them stop the brutal and unspeakable killing of 25 (or so) children?

All the NRA is doing is manufacturing more violence to justify their warped paranoia. I myself own a gun (a Taurus 9mm) and oh yes, it's sexy but I never bought on the ridiculousness that the NRA says I should.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Blaze that is a comedy routine written by Skats Henderson back in 1888 just rewritten for your today brain.

Perhaps you can post it in another 59 years with the outline that we cant stop the robots that drive the space ships with smart bombs and tanks .......

You and Hale with your posters written by who...... why why whyyyyyyyy
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

And now we have another one:

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

I guess a orderly packing heat would have prevented this, too?

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Thome, you have no reason to speak to me or about me. Please quit bringing my name up. I purposely avoided responding to your first mention of me where you misspelled my name in case I had alert running (I do not). I do not wish to correspond with you in private or public. Thank you. Good Day.
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                        In exactly the same way bible thumpers and christians and muslims and buddists and others etc... humans, make him real.

Just like non-believers make him or the idea of, real.

By assuming it is something tangible to be discussed.

Define me...lable me...blame me...the arrogance of everyone ....That, is the deffinition of what is wrong.

Someday, I want to see a post here by anyone who has some idea of what reasons people assume they are so smart and sure they know it all.

I am quite sure all people everywhere cry into the same dream every night...then wake to believe only what they have been given, to you that today, you think you own it.

.........and that is what gets us by...... but this talk, all your silly shit, that we are all different and some ask for wisdom others say they have enough, all you want.............................. I know better.
                        thank you for clarafying. that was all I asked.

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          And now we have another one:

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

I guess a orderly packing heat would have prevented this, too?
                          You to play this?

Don't pick and choose. And get a 41 mag..
                          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Bottom line here is this.....

A gun nut refused to lock her god damn weapons up in a safe, and her batshit wackjob son was able to get those weapons and kill her with them.

Had the story ended there, it would have been somewhat tragic, but more or less merely a lesson for the rest of us that NRA myths about more guns being the answer are complete bullshit.

But it didn't end there, did it?
                            Gun safes are great. Not only can you lock your guns up you can put your important paperwork in them and other things. You can get a pretty damn nice safe for a reasonable price. Most are MADE IN THE USA. I know someone who's house did burn down and everything in his gun safe made it through fine.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              The NRA are terrorist jack booted thugs.

No, that's not a name I gave them. It's what Poppy Bush called them when he turned in his membership card.

And that was 20 years ago. They are far more extreme now than they were then.
                              It's also why people started other gun clubs. People felt like the dues were too high. The NRA sells your name to make money and sends you shit in the mail you didn't want and sends you a bill for it. It used to be a really good professional organization that focused on target shooting, gun safety, hunter safety and that sort of thing. What happened is it was taken over by extremists over the years.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Words from a gun owner from the midwest....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...