Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

The problem with gun rights arguments is that neither side can quit screaming and pissing long enough to find a reasonable middle ground.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah I think a problem most Europeans have with the issue is the failure to understand that you are coming from a different starting point.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        The problem with gun rights arguments is that neither side can quit screaming and pissing long enough to find a reasonable middle ground.
        Heck. That's the problem with everything. We just need two countries and that's probably over time where it's going to go.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          I can't believe what i'm about to say...

The person I think I agree with most in this thread is...LoungeMachine. Just go back and read his posts.

First of all, it's Saturday morning and I still got a knot in my stomach. i can't even put my feelings into words.

I believe in 2nd amendment rights to keep and bear arms, but I also believe in responsible gun control.

Banning all weapons will not work and will not ever happen in this country. Guns didn't kill these people. Guns are a tool. A sick, psychotic, EVIL person killed these people.

Nick posted regs in New York State and Blaze posted a graphic that made somewhat sense. Go read them again.

I find it amazing that I had to take a day long (8.5 hrs) course in Hunter Education just so I could go hunting and also get my Concealed Carry Permit, yet to buy a gun nothing of the sort is required.

Firearms can be a fantastic tool for sporting events (hunting and target shooting sports), though I don't recommend a person buy one strictly for self defense. Too many people that aren't proficient with a weapon under those circumstances get hurt.

Somehow, some way, better screening needs to be done in order for people to buy a weapon. This fuck was sick in the head yet he used weapons owned by his mom that weren't even locked up in a gun safe.
          I heard he's been reading a new book that's given him a different perspective on life.

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            If that's your definition of "gun culture," then the vast majority of legal gun owners and also members of the NRA are not members of this gun culture.
            No, they're vast members of a mental asylum.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Let's just accept society has become more evil. I blame Satan for it.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Sounds like the dead mother may have some degree of responsibility in this case...

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The mother of the suspected Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman, herself slain at the outset of the murderous rampage, was an avid gun enthusiast who liked to take her sons to the shooting range to practice their marksmanship, a friend tells NBC News.

Dan Holmes, a local landscaper and a friend of Nancy Lanza, mother of 20-year-old suspected gunman Adam Lanza, said she also was a collector.

“She had a pretty extensive gun collection,” Holmes said. “She was a collector, she was pretty proud of that. She always mentioned that she really loved the act of shooting.”

Holmes recalled that she said she was able to “focus in” while shooting.

Federal officials tell NBC News that Adam Lanza took three weapons with him to the school – two pistols, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and a Bushmaster .223-caliber semi-automatic assault-style rifle – all of which were registered to Nancy Lanza.

It is unclear whether all the guns were used in the attack. At a news briefing on Saturday, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, who led the team that autopsied the victims, said, “All the (injuries) … I know of were caused by the rifle.”

The Associated Press reported that authorities investigating the school shooting later recovered additional weapons -- a Henry repeating rifle, an Enfield rifle and a shotgun. It was not clear where those weapons were found.

Holmes, Nancy Lanza’s friend, said the 47-year-old single mother also frequently talked about how she was worried about Adam.

Investigators and former classmates of Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza say he was bright, but extremely shy and remote.

She talked about “how he was an unstable kid,” he said. “She would talk about that. “She was very protective of him. I don’t … think she ever got major help for him. She just tried to handle it on her own. It was something she was definitely disturbed about.”

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Let's just accept society has become more evil. I blame Satan for it.
                  Fuck off!

You mortals need to start taking responsibility for your own shit.
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Unfortunately for Mrs Lanza, she sounds like your typical gun nut.... completely unconcerned with whether a complete psycho could get his hands on weapons. In this case, hers. Which he then used on her, and 26 others, mostly children.

Score another 666 points on the NRA stupidity scale.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

It has zero to do with the NRA...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

But suppose he had stolen her car and killed 20 children by running them down...

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          It has zero to do with the NRA...
                          It has everything to do with those jackbooted terrorist thugs. They are the ones who brainwashed this woman into thinking having a home full of guns would keep her safe. Naturally, nobody in that terrorist lobby ever thought to mention that she should keep the guns safe. Especially from her own psycho offspring.

Well, mother and son will have all eternity to discuss these things, as my guests.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

It's all over twitter that the Westboro Baptist Church plans on going to CT. Scum of the earth.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              But suppose he had stolen her car and killed 20 children by running them down...
                              She shouldn't leave her car keys lying around either. (Or tools that make it easier to hot wire the car, just in case you plan on stretching this ridiculous analogy any further)

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                                It's all over twitter that the Westboro Baptist Church plans on going to CT. Scum of the earth.
                                What's their excuse for that? Are they claiming those kids were all gay? Since that's their usual explanation for why my Former Employer allegedly "hates" something.

Comment

Working...