Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

The whole fucking town will be on lockdown with guns pointed at anything that moves when Obama uses this tragedy to further infringe on the rights of every law abiding citizen...

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
      My best friend posted this on his Facebook. It's someone else's quote but it is powerful in my opinion.

"Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up,” this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
      Both last night and today all of our news opened with speaking about the victims.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Angel
        Both last night and today all of our news opened with speaking about the victims.
        Every channel is handling it differently...

Personally...while I've never really been an Anderson Cooper fan...and I generally don't watch CNN...

His reporting and handling of the situation has been incredible...

Then there's that idiot, Wolf Blitzer...who's still riding the coattails of the first Iraq shit...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Or Don the Lemon...

Or Soilidog...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Angel

I am using this post simply to put things in perspective a analogy of some,,, I don't know... perhaps..

400 million kids did not take a gun to school today or ever. All year long and for thier lifetimes.

I am tired of the lumping by people, of the words -gun nut- and -gun owner-, with murder.

Millions and millions of people have a shot gun or rifle in the closet at home and that is all it does sit there as a family generational hand down keepsake unfired and just there for generations, these owners are not "nuts" nor will they ever be..

I am sick of TV shows about marksmen and snipers exclaiming how great they are ...hey assholes guns shoot themselves they are designed to push that bullet straight ot the barell and travel for a mile or more, a three toe'd Marrmoset, with it's finger on the trigger , could hit the same bullseye just like you, Mr. Marksman.

Last year on a markmen show they were so bored with, hey bullet goes here, the contestants were laying on thier backs on tables throwing a hatchet upside down, at water balloons on a wall 10 foot away...NO BULLSHIT!!! That is how stoopid guns are and gun nuts.

Guns are made for killing, but that's not what they do, people kill, so do monkeys and elephants and mosquitos and fast growng weeds in your yard,...and on down the line...

Guns are also make for plinking varmits that ruin or benifit our lives or simple taget practice for fun and familiarity there in nothing wrong with it either way.

This shooting is a tragedy the culpability lies solely with the perpetrator and nowhere else.

Every other argument is soley for the occupying of your time or to sell air time on slick produced newspaper articles or Television shows.
            Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              I zoomed in and saw what might be a tiny tear to the outside of Obama's eye...

I don't question his grief...

I question his instant reaction to not let a good crisis go to waste...
              Exactly. I think he was moved...and grieving...but he was not tearing up or crying.
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2009

So many people missing the entire point, very sad. This shouldn't be about a fuckin political agenda, mourn for the children and the staff lost in this tragedy, it is ridiculous that this has turned into a fucking pissing contest.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The mother of the suspected Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman, herself slain at the outset of the murderous rampage, was an avid gun enthusiast who liked to take her sons to the shooting range to practice their marksmanship, a friend tells NBC News.

I can't read too much into it, but the comments regarding this lady in the media by her neighbors seem to be the typical things said by people who didn't like someone very much who's died but are trying to be nice....

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

After digesting several of the various aspects of this tragedy I've come to some conclusions... some positive some not. It's going to take quite awhile to come to any comfortable answers...

It's good that people are talking about guns and what to do about that. It's good that people are questioning mental health care... current use/abuse and also the impacts of lack of providing care for those that can snap and do such horrific shit.

It's impressive how people around the world have stepped up to offer support and condolences to the victims of this tragedy. Human compassion is an amazing thing and something we should continue to encourage and be proud of. Most likely it's the glue that prevents us from offing all of us.

It's sad to see smart and intelligent people fighting here and carrying on personal bashing... just a shame that this focus and energy can't bring folks together for a common cause rather than divide and fuel petty bickering...

As a parent I've been watching my kids... for the most part my 11 & 14 year old daughters seem to be oblivious to the whole incident and totally consumed with their busy little lives far away from what's occurred in Connecticut. I've chosen to not bring much of this to their attention. They're aware, but don't seem to be engaged. I have a feeling that will change tomorrow once they return to school and interact with their peers...

At the moment I'm trying to find a sense of trust to load my kids in the truck and drop them off at school tomorrow... trust that security measures at their school will be enough... trust that some other jackass locally won't decide it's their day and those close to them take all measures possible to prevent things like this from occurring... My instincts tell me I need to protect my kids... my common sense tells me we can't let this stop us from living life to it's fullest. It's going to be real rough tomorrow morning to open that door and watch them walk into the school and not worry me...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                      Amazing, I actually watched the first part of this (minus the Alex Jones part) and agreed with most of it. This shooting WILL rally the anti-gun nuts and anti-gun culture to take away our second amendment rights.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Obama was faking the tears bit...appearing to wipe away tears that never were visible. He could have done a better fake crying job. Maybe he should have had some of his Hollywood buddies to give him an acting lesson.
                      So conspiratorial horseshit and mindless conjecture is kind of cool if it plays into your paranoias and beliefs?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Exactly. I think he was moved...and grieving...but he was not tearing up or crying.
                        His words were what mattered most, and I think he did as well a one could do in this situation. From the very outset, he was speaking as a parent. Zooming in to see if there were actual tears? Are you kidding me? Some of you guys couldn't cut this president some slack if you had guns to your heads. Of course, that wouldn't phase some of you either.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Because Obama and the people in the white house have proven to be untrustworthy...

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Nick, I really like the line under your avatar.

FYI: Endor was an inside job.

death-star-1.jpg
                            A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Because Obama and the people in the white house have proven to be untrustworthy...
                              How many people in the White House did you trust prior to 2008? I didn't trust Bush as far as I could throw him, but he had a human, compassionate way of addressing tragedies of this sort. Obama did fine. Your just looking for another way to voice displeasure with him. How much shit do you plan to tackle in one thread?

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I said he did fine with his compassion...

I tried to trust the government...

I won't make that mistake again...

Comment

Working...