Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Who gives a shit, this isn't really a gun issue...

This guy was OBVIOUSLY mentally disturbed...

He apparently had ZERO normal relationships...

He may have been prone to aggressive behavior...

He was most likely on long-term psychiatric medication and my best guess would be that he abused his medication as well as whatever else...

Combine that with video games that glorify murder with assault weapons, and a goth zombie pissed off at the world and there you go...

And we really don't know much about the story yet, but I truly believe this is more a mental health issue...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

But I really don't like those fucking murder video games...

I have no problem with restricting access to that bullshit...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

video games don't kill anybody...follow your own logic...why restrict them?
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Who gives a shit, this isn't really a gun issue...

were the kids shot with a joystick?
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And that's okay. When you have kids you can decide that you don't want those games in your home. But it isn't your place to tell others that they can or not.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              video games don't kill anybody...follow your own logic...why restrict them?
              Because they're realistic and can be dangerous to an unstable person...

I believe it can plant a seed that would not have been there otherwise...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                And that's okay. When you have kids you can decide that you don't want those games in your home. But it isn't your place to tell others that they can or not.
                That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I'm in agreement with you. I wouldn't let my son have any games that killed people when they started coming out with them. I think social media is a big problem too. We're losing the "human" aspect in socialization. These kids are growing up socializing with computer screens, ffs.

But, I do agree that it's up to parents to decide what their kids can and cannot see or do. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that should not be parents...

I also have to agree with Elvis on the mental health issue. Shit, agreeing with Elvis not once, but twice? This is a historic moment.
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Yeah, I totally agree...

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...
                      Good luck with that.

Who decides the definition of "certain people?"
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I still find myself blaming the mother...

She taught him to shoot...

She controlled him and provided him with everything from the medication to the video games...

She was a control freak prepper who stockpiled food and guns and taught a mentally unstable kid to use weapons...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Good luck with that.

Who decides the definition of "certain people?"
                          Nevermind...

Those games are bad for you though...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I still find myself blaming the mother...

She taught him to shoot...

She controlled him and provided him with everything from the medication to the video games...

She was a control freak prepper who stockpiled guns and taught a mentally unstable kid to use weapons...
                            I don't disagree with some of that...in particular...the guns piece of it all...

I can say that it's a lot more complicated than that, and I've seen single parents have to deal with children who present challenges on a daily basis...

I can also say that there generally seems to be the old adage..."Apple doesn't fall far from the tree..."

That's not always the case, but there does tend to be some similarity between parents and children...of course...

You can often see subtle similarities in the parents and the students...one way or the other.

Of course, I don't know that to be true in this case, and from what's being said, the mom seemed to have social graces that the son didn't have...but that can sometimes be compensation...

But a lot of time, you'll find a parent overwhelmed with a situation, to the point they don't see the major signals that are right in front of them. It's sorta like living next to the train tracks. After a few weeks, you don't hear the train, even though it shakes the house from a few feet away.

Not sure any of that makes sense, and I'm not trying to say it's "okay" to have an arsenal with a troubled child, but I can see a situation where the mother is with a child daily...and it's YOUR child, and while you know there are issues, you feel like you can fix it...because you're the parent...and while you know there are issues...you can't FATHOM that they would go this far...

I don't know...just don't know...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nevermind...

Those games are bad for you though...
                              Why never mind? You don't believe in your idea, or you agree that what you proposed is next to impossible?

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                I don't know...just don't know...
                                And I was being overly harsh...

I'm pretty sure she was trying to take care of him...

And taking care of a possibly unstable autistic child or young adult can be a challenge to say the least...

Comment

Working...