Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Why never mind? You don't believe in your idea, or you agree that what you proposed is next to impossible?
    No, I don't believe in telling other people what to do and I was getting ahead of myself...

But are there any requirements to purchase a kill game ??

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

My wife plays modern warfare occasionally but I think it's stupid...

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        I still find myself blaming...
        That's the problem with this whole fucking society. Everybody else is always to blame for something. No accountability on anyones part for anything.
        It's certainly easy enough to judge anyone for anything though none has the facts.
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

I'm just sharing my thoughts after reading up on it...

I'm more interested in what leads to this behavior than anything else...

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

But are there any requirements to purchase a kill game ??
            Beyond a rating system that likely gets ignored on the retail level? No, I don't think so.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm just sharing my thoughts after reading up on it...

I'm more interested in what leads to this behavior than anything else...
              I'm not singling you out Elbow, I just used your post to illustrate my point.

Comment

• lesfunk
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

...although you do seem to do an awful lot of judging yourself.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I'll admit that...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

A voice of reason...

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

More evidence that this douchebag's mother was just as fucked in the head as he was.....

Sandy Hook Shooter's Mother Collected Guns In Preparation For Economic Collapse
                      Jon Swaine, The Telegraph | Dec. 16, 2012, 6:10 PM |

The mother of the gunman who killed 20 children and seven adults in America’s worst school massacre, was a gun-proud “survivalist” preparing for economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza, whose gun collection was raided by her son Adam for Friday’s massacre at Sandy Hook school, was part of the “prepper” movement, which urges readiness for social chaos by hoarding supplies and training with weapons.

“She prepared for the worst,” her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters. “Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping – are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

It also emerged that Mrs Lanza had spoken of her fears less than a week before the attack that she was “losing” her son. “She said it was getting worse. She was having trouble reaching him,” said a friend of Mrs Lanza who did not want to be named.

Police disclosed that the 52-year-old had five legally registered guns – at least three of which her 20-year-old son carried with him. Most victims were shot with an assault rifle, while Lanza also carried two handguns and left a shotgun in his car.

President Barack Obama was on his way to Connecticut to comfort families of the victims, amid mounting pressure for political action in Washington on gun control.

Democrats are preparing to introduce a new bill to ban assault rifles , but the difficulty of achieving any consensus was well illustrated after one Republican congressman said staff at the school should have been armed to protect themselves.

Fresh details emerged of the massacre which has caused shock waves across America as well as internationally.

Lanza was reported to have wiped out one complete class of six and seven-year-olds along with their teacher. Dr H Wayne Carver, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner, said the injuries were the worst he had seen in his career with some of the children shot 11 times.

One of the victims, six-year-old Dylan Hockley, was the British-born son of a couple who moved their family to Connecticut from Hampshire two years ago.

His mother, Nicole, had described the area as “a wonderful place to live”, with “incredible” neighbours and “amazing” schools”.

Dannel Malloy, the Connecticut governor, said the death toll might have been much greater and Lanza may have planned to kill even more.

“We surmise that… he heard responders coming and apparently at that, decided to take his own life,” Mr Malloy said.

Candlelit vigils were held over the weekend for the victims.

One was for Victoria Soto, a 27-year-old teacher who was killed after telling Lanza the children were in another room, allowing some of the children to escape. “She was selfless – selfless,” Jessica Zrallack, a former schoolmate, told The Daily Telegraph.

Newtown’s residents were forced to endure fresh anguish yesterday, when a Roman Catholic church that has become a centre of support for the grieving, was evacuated following a telephoned-in security threat. St Rose of Lima was later given the all-clear.

Mr Obama was preparing to visit the town last night in order to comfort the families of those killed and speak at an interfaith vigil.

The president, who failed to deliver on a 2008 election promise to reinstate an assault weapons ban, is now under mounting pressure from within his own party to throw his political weight behind new laws.

Despite the outpouring of national grief, the Bill is likely to be highly divisive; Congress has not passed significant gun legislation for almost 20 years, amid partisan gridlock.

A poll by CNN in August found that 57 per cent of Americans favour a ban on semi-automatic assault weapons, while 60 per cent favour outlawing high-capacity ammunition clips.
                      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

A voice of reason...
                        A voice like Droopy Dog, and rarely reasonable. Thank all that's unholy the Senate is about to be rid of him.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There was definitely something fucked up about the family. As I said before, reading and hearing only a little - it sounds like her neighbors really didn't like the mother and said the kind of things you say about someone you couldn't stand that's died...

*Just read Ford's article post after writing the above....

In addition, I saw something on CNN where they interviewed the ex-babysitter for her sons. He said Adam was basically operating on a very inhibited emotional level and would get upset if he couldn't watch TV anymore and acted like a much younger child than he was. He was also told to always keep an eye on Adam and never leave him alone. Good thing she had a vast gun collection...
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: *added

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...
                            Um, really? You're worried about the games? This kid had a bigger problem than games. He had a mother that acknowledged he had severe developmental disabilities - probably over and above his reported Asperger Syndrome - and she still maintained an armory...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Because they're realistic and can be dangerous to an unstable person...

I believe it can plant a seed that would not have been there otherwise...
                              You can't discount the influence of TV, movies and video games on kids today... but I can't say that any of that is really at the core of the issue with this generation of kids today.

Those of us who grew up in the 60's, 70's and 80's were exposed to violence and murder on a regular basis via movies and TV. Every week Marshall Dillion or Little Joe or Hoss or the Rifleman or Clint Eastwood or John Wayne or Audy Murfee or Roy Rogers were shootin somebody who was shootin somebody else... In cartoons Popeye and Bluto were constantly beating the shit out of each other and look at the hanious violent crimes perpetrated by Wille E Coyote and Foghorn Leghorn every week.

We also had access to guns... lots of guns, ammo, etc... It was right of passage around 8 to get your first Red Rider or Daisy BB gun and our rich friends ended up getting pump pellet guns. We ran around with them publicly shootin up all kinds of stuff, birds, muskrats, gophers, squirrels, cans, bottles, car windows, barns, etc...

But we never shot each other... nor did anyone no matter how terrible you got treated at school by teachers, bullies or whatever... raid their dad's unlocked gun cabinet and go shoot up your school.

This crap didn't happen and even today my generation doesn't do these things for the most part... But somehow we've managed to raise kids or grandkids that do...

There's something else that's changed and I can't say it's violence on TV, movies or even games which we didn't have. I can't say it's easier access to guns because it's actually a bit more difficult to access weapons than it was 30-40 years ago.

We got to dig a little deeper as there's no easy answer...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Anyone ever heard The Jesus Christ Show ??

26 Souls 12/16/12

Comment

Working...