Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    They were pretty much custom designed to kill people, more easily and efficiently, than the M-14 .308 rifle...
    So do you just load it and set it down and it kills people ??

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Should you, no...
      You are an asshole. Tell me, what is the primary purpose of an semi-automatic assault rifle? Gardening?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        Really? Based on what? The prep may be severely mentally ill? They may have been on medication? If so is everyone on medication a terrorist? Was it a video game? Are video games now terrorist? Oh right, it must be Marylin Manson. Where was the political agenda? Where were the demands?

By the way, that little cocksucker David Keene should be dragged to every massacre site and made to help. He should be required to face every parent in the school who has lost their child, individually. And then and only then can that asshole go on Fox News and explain his "rights."
        Why is it his fault? The NRA stands for responsible legal use of firearms as granted us by the second amendment. And someone being mentally ill, which this nut obviously was, doesn't make it NOT a terrorist act.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No. But it's a lot easier than running after them with a knife or chasing down people with your car...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Terrorized, yes. I'm not disputing that. Terrorist attack, no.
            Semantics.

It was an act designed to terrorize others.

The stereotype of a "terrorist" with a turban and c4 strapped to them is FAUX propaganda.

Regardless of his motives, if he even had one other than being batshit crazy, is he became a terrorist simply by committing this heinous act.
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              Why is it his fault? The NRA stands for responsible legal use of firearms as granted us by the second amendment. And someone being mentally ill, which this nut obviously was, doesn't make it NOT a terrorist act.
              Wait..what...does not make it not...?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The NRA is also run by assholes that pay big money to Congressmen to insure that even "the (gun) laws on the books" have lax enforcement and that powers of agencies like the ATF are dutifully undermined...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

They were pretty much custom designed to kill people, more easily and efficiently, than the M-14 .308 rifle...
                  An M-14 was more weapon than most people could handle. That's why it was replaced. It's heavy and kicks like a motherfucker.
                  “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

You are an asshole.

OMG, I'm offended!!!

Tell me, what is the primary purpose of an semi-automatic assault rifle? Gardening?

I don't know, to have ??

I've never had one, but I sure wouldn't mind it...

Looks a bit pricey for my budget at the moment, though...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

As far a gun control goes machine guns used to be legal. You could buy a Thompson machine gun at the sporting goods store and they even advertised them as ranch guns to get rid of those pesky coyotes with. Then during prohibition and the gang wars of the 1920's the bad guys were shooting up the place with them. It became a problem and the government banned the open sale of machine guns which of course was a good thing.

Hey if nobody abused having a machine gun we all could have one.

Now the new issue is large capacity magazines and guns that can spray lots of lead each time you pull the trigger and be easily reloaded. The debate is going to be whether the average person needs a 30 plus round magazine for their rifle. Such magazines were invented to give people in the military a lot of firepower full auto if their position was being overran. For a semi-automatic target rifle it's overkill and frankly not needed.

So I can see those large magazines being banned or needed a special license to buy them. You have one side that wants everything legal and one side wants everything illegal.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-14-2012, 03:12 PM.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

An M-14 was more weapon than most people could handle. That's why it was replaced. It's heavy and kicks like a motherfucker.
                        It also was expensive (for being just an upgrade of an M-1 Garand from WWII), slow to produce, and generally poorly matched against the AK-47 at real, combat ranges...

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          Semantics.
                          No it's an agenda. Usually politically motivated in nature.

It was an act designed to terrorize others.
                          As far as we know it was an act to kill people.

The stereotype of a "terrorist" with a turban and c4 strapped to them is FAUX propaganda.

Regardless of his motives, if he even had one other than being batshit crazy, is he became a terrorist simply by committing this heinous act.
                          It's not FAUX propaganda, it's media propaganda as a whole. Some capitalize on the stereotype more than others. Heinous acts do not make for a terrorists by default.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

No. But it's a lot easier than running after them with a knife or chasing down people with your car...
                            So, that would qualify for the asset column, right ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

So the proper attitude to have when gun tragedies like this happen is just to shrug your shoulders and say "Shit Happens"??

Come on, E....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, I didn't read the article, but there was a knife attack at a Chinese school yesterday. Twenty-two kids were wounded, not killed.

But I'm not necessarily in favor of categorical bans...

Comment

Working...