X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Don't you have a movie thread in Non you can go cuddle up with ChefCraig, jhale and vandeleur and share popcorn..?
    don't forget the gadfly
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Don't you have a movie thread in Non you can go cuddle up with ChefCraig, jhale and vandeleur and share popcorn..?
      What?? I thought you were bringing the popcorn?
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I get that the whole society and financial infrastructure is messed up... lots of things need fixing. My point is continuing to allow people to arm and stock-pile heavy weapons isn't going solve anything. It is somewhat disturbing looking at the run people have made on gun dealers this week. Oh great more options in the hands of people that most likely won't manage their new found armory responsibly.

But back to the issue... gun control and the 2nd amendment. It was intended to allow citizens to arm themselves against tyranny of governments. That made sense from a 1700's perspective. It's the 21st century... no group of intelligent, thoughtful people are going to arm themselves and go forcibly make a run on Washington or any state capitol and forcibly remove any element of our government. It's not reasonably feasible... nor even remotely necessary. Forget anyone invading our borders... we already have more than enough illegals in-house to constitute the largest foreign occupation in history... but they are mostly interested in a meal and a slice of the pie... not ruling anything.

So my point is... the basis for the 2nd amendment has little applicable use in our society today. I agree wholeheartedly that our social meltdown is well on it's way. Now the bigger question is... Do we really want to continue arming a socially unstable populous at it's current rate with the ability to have very high kill rate weapons?

I really don't want to be around when that tipping point shifts to widespread civil unrest...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          We gave them guns through Fast and Furious and what was the object of that operation?
          Who's "we?" A few ATF Agents mismanaged a sting and trace operation. The were tracing how the guns got into Mexico and they lost track. There's a whole big thread here that VA posted a while ago, you obviously didn't read it because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about..

To make it look like the guns coming into Mexico from legitimate gun dealers in the US was a bigger problem than it really is.
          If you believe that, you're completely retarded. That's like saying the the Japanese didn't put out some fires in pic's to make Hiroshima look worse than it is...

Plus, the drug cartels have fully automatic weapons. Ask anyone who lives on the Arizona/Mexico border and they will tell you that. Sorry. Those aren't coming from legitimate gun stores in the US.
          So basically you're lying when you said you "used to work on AR's" because it's pretty clear you're clueless as a competent gunsmith can pretty easily convert semi-autos to selective fire automatic weapons. Especially with lots of money...

Also the black market weapons industry worldwide is huge. Like I said, the Chinese have been caught smuggling them in here in shipping containers. The Chinese own the shipping containers, ships and own or lease the ports. The make lots of weapons and ship them all over. So do the Russians. Some of the larges banks launder drug money and the government does nothing to them because they own the politicians. Naw. The world economy runs on drugs and weapons more than people thing. Both are huge businesses and make a ton of underground money. The only problem is they have to get all that cash into the banking system. Enter HSBC. Now you know why so many HSBC branches are in Mexico.
          Maybe the Chinese ATF secretly smuggled those guns here to make the problem look worse than it is?

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

All I want is a Remington 870 Tactical with an 18.5 in barrel and a 7+1 magazine. Fuck all this assault rifle shit. Is that too much to ask?
            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

FLASH: NRA plans news conference Friday, stayed quiet out of respect for families, offers "meaningful contributions" to prevent massacres
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Ino group of intelligent, thoughtful people are going to arm themselves and go forcibly make a run on Washington or any state capitol and forcibly remove any element of our government.
                Keep telling yourself that...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Blaze
                  FLASH: NRA plans news conference Friday, stayed quiet out of respect for families, offers "meaningful contributions" to prevent massacres
                  https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/281149776890839040
                  We saw it in the other thread...

Isn't it time for your mind altering medication ??

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    don't forget the gadfly
                    Excuse me, it's "annoying little gadfly"

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Blather due to Elbow's discomfort concerning the gun control subject with a little side of a abusive cowing toward me due to his lack of humanity.

Letter To America From A Liberal Gun Owner

By Sarah Zacharias

I am a liberal gun owner. I can outshoot my husband. For our first date, we ate venison and salad with wild mushrooms. I value my second amendment rights. I respect them as a part of America.

I am also a mom. My six and nine year old sons practice lockdowns at school. They have custom made cubbies to hide in that lock from the inside. I cannot help but wonder, why do we teach our children to be responsible to not get shot instead of teaching our gun owners not to allow children to be shot?

I don’t agree with gun prohibition. I have a gun in my closet and I have no intention of giving it up. Let me just say this, it is time for our conversation on reasonable gun control, and to aid the conversation I have created a list of 8 gun ideologies that have got to go. Let’s dive right in.

1). “But then only criminals will have guns.”

Today, and MSNBC commentator on the Martin Bashir Show reported that Gun owners are twelve to eighteen times as likely to die of a gunshot wound. So, if only criminals have guns, then only criminals will face that risk.

2). “If it wasn’t a gun, it would be a knife.”

Actually, fate granted us a random study of this on Friday morning. On the same day that twenty children were shot to death in Newton, CT there were 22 children stabbed in China. Not one of those children died. Given a choice between a semi automatic weapon and a knife, I pick knife.

3). “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people”

Well, let’s look at the NRA’s statistics. In 2008 there were 592 accidental fire arm deaths. That is the equivalent of nearly 23 Newton Connecticuts. Remember those tears you fought back all day Saturday as you held your kids close? Multiply it 23 times, every year, for all those lost to guns that killed people on accident, for all those times that people didn’t kill people but bullets did.

4). “If only one of the staff members at the elementary school had a gun.”

This is just an offshoot of, “I need a gun for self defense.” There are only about 215 justifiable homicides with fire arms in the US each year, according to FBI statistics. That’s less than half of the 592 that die accidentally.

This means that the 350 million guns in America are more than twice as likely to kill people on accident as they are to be used as tools by people who purposely and justifiably kill someone in an act of self defense. I am not willing to take those odds in an elementary school.

In fact, Lanza’s first victim on Friday wasn’t just his mom, or his teacher, she was also a gun owner who was murdered by her own son with her own gun.

5). “The right to bear arms is to protect our citizenry from tyranny.”

I have trouble knowing how I ought to address this. Am I to seriously understand that you think that there is a particular point at which it becomes justifiable to take up arms against the United States Government? Even if I could take this as a reasonable argument, I cannot fathom any citizen, or even a group of citizens, who has the firepower to do anything but hurt themselves. How on earth does any gun compare to the military might of the US Armed Forces? Which weapon exactly, do I use to take down an MQ9 Reaper Drone? What handgun do I use to defeat an Active Denial System, you know… those tanks that emit waves of radiation that burn the top layer of your skin off… Which handgun will stop a tyrannical oppressor with one of those?

6). “We need guns for hunting, without them, we won’t eat.”

Let’s add this up.
                      $50 for deer license
                      $100 fuel
                      $100 clothing
                      $60 food
                      $ 75 ammo
                      $350 gun
                      4 days off work, missing $280 pay at minimum wage
                      $ 150 to process deer meat
                      $90 to run a deep freezer all winter

That makes $1265.00 to procure one deer for your family. If you get a lot of meat from a deer, say 125 pounds then you are paying roughly $9.88 per pound. Don’tcha think you could buy hamburger for cheaper?

7). “It is about mental health, not guns”

Let us assume a certain amount of truth in this. What if mental health troubles ate a common thread in gun violence, especially in cases of mass murder? Does that mean that mental health access and treatment will prevent mass murder? I don’t think so.

Even with easy access, and the availability of a cure we cannot ensure that a person who is sick enough to kill elementary children will seek help. In fact, many of these people are never even known to be sick except in bloody 20/20 hindsight.

8. “Any control at all is a slippery slope to full gun ban.”

This is an absurd argument. I, as a liberal, say the same thing when it is claimed that outlawing third trimester abortions is a slippery slope to complete ban of abortion. We have to be reasonable. We have to work on the actual problem at hand, dead first graders. The problem isn’t going away if we hide behind cop out arguments like the slippery slope. It can only go away if we all sit down, and honestly discuss solutions. Rhetoric, avoidance, blame shifting, faulty logic, and apathy have gotten us where we are today, with two children in caskets and 24 victims left to bury. If we as gun owners want to keep our guns, while ensuring the safety of our children, we must holster our fear of a slippery slope and put safety first no matter what.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Fact #11

Blaze is on mind-altering pharmaceuticals...

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Fact #11

Blaze is on mind-altering pharmaceuticals...
                          Name them. You are being a God be damning hateful abusive human.
                          Old man, how many more trips around the sun you got?
                          I want to be sure and celebrate your final trip.
                          sigpic

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Wasn't The Fall Guy a tv version of Burt Reynold's Hooper movie?
                            Hooper wasn't a bounty hunter/stuntman, just a stuntman. I always liked that flick, have to watch it again soon.

Originally posted by lesfunk
                            All I want is a Remington 870 Tactical with an 18.5 in barrel and a 7+1 magazine. Fuck all this assault rifle shit. Is that too much to ask?
                            I may get a Mossberg shotty for the house. Not real concerned about getting a CCW yet, but I'm considering it. Not so much because I NEED one, but for the simple fact that I CAN.

The offroad park I've been going to has a gun range, a couple times a year they bring full auto guns and let people shoot 'em for a fee. I may sign up for that one if they offer it this summer.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 12-19-2012, 12:04 AM.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              Hooper wasn't a bounty hunter/stuntman, just a stuntman. I always liked that flick, have to watch it again soon.

I may get a Mossberg shotty for the house. Not real concerned about getting a CCW yet, but I'm considering it. Not so much because I NEED one, but for the simple fact that I CAN.

The offroad park I've been going to has a gun range, a couple times a year they bring full auto guns and let people shoot 'em for a fee. I may sign up for that one if they offer it this summer.

Looks aren't deceiving you old fart...
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Blaze
                                Name them. You are being a God be damning hateful abusive human.
                                Old man, how many more trips around the sun you got?
                                I want to be sure and celebrate your final trip.
                                Are ya down ??

Comment

Working...