• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Rifle found in Lanza's trunk not a Bushmaster

Digital Journal

After two weeks of media reports that a .223 AR-15 Bushmaster was found in the trunk of Lanza's car, gun aficionados point out that the rifle is not a Bushmaster, nor even an AR-class assault weapon.

Gun experts say that the weapon shown in an NBC News report is some kind of shotgun.

Washington Post:
    He had two semiautomatic pistols and a .223-caliber rifle, law enforcement officials said. He apparently used only the handguns, which were later found in the school. The rifle was found in the vehicle.

CNN:
    Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.

Now it turns out that the rifle found in the trunk is not a Bushmaster at all, The police officer is, in gun owner's jargon, cycling a bolt to clear the weapon. An AR uses a charging handle. Gun experts have said that the weapon shown in the video is some kind of shotgun. Here is the news report in which the "long weapon" is shown:

Thanks to weapons masters across the Internet for pointing this out.

Another interesting aspect of the news report pointed out by law enforcement commenters is that the officer seems to be completely mishandling evidence, possibly destroying valuable fingerprints and other clues. Law enforcement commenters have indicated that proper procedure might call for the trunk being sealed with evidence tape and the entire car transported to a main crime lab for examination and evidence gathering, such as dusting for prints.

This follows a bewildering change of story from the authorities as to what weapons were actually used in the shooting. Initial reports indicated "apparently handguns and only handguns," NBC report below:

Then the story changed to it being a rifle used in the shootings, in particular a Bushmaster .223. Lt. Paul Vance of the CT State Police said in a press conference on December 16th:

The weapon that was utilized most of the time during this horrific crime was identified as a Bushmaster AR-15 assault type weapon. It had high-capacity magazines.
    This now matches what the coroner, Chief Medical Examiner H. Wayne Carver II, said right after the shooting:

"All the wounds that I know of at this point were caused by the long weapon," [the coroner] said...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Go back and find the press conference with the Chief Medical Examiner... he clearly states that the dead children he autopsied died from bullets from that rifle. One kid shot 11 times.
      I'm 100% aware of that...

He removed .223 cal casings from the children...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        he clearly states that the dead children he autopsied died from bullets from that rifle.
        No, not that rifle...

A .223 cal rifle...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

He did really tell Piers (the Shill), who fled his own country to avoid prosecution...

I think Alex acted the way he did on purpose because of who Piers Morgan is...

Do I agree with how he acted, no, but it was entertaining...

I do think, however, that Alex should have treated the invitation with respect and engaged in an actual conversation...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Digital Journal

After two weeks of media reports that a .223 AR-15 Bushmaster was found in the trunk of Lanza's car, gun aficionados point out that the rifle is not a Bushmaster, nor even an AR-class assault weapon.

Gun experts say that the weapon shown in an NBC News report is some kind of shotgun.
            Greg, you're a fucking retard. This cunt brought three weapons into the school: two pistols (a 9mm and a 10mm) and the Bushmaster Assault Rifle semi-auto 5.56mm

Now, I know you tend to be a little "thick", Greg. But if you were a developmentally disabled "genius" (and not just a developmentally disabled dumb-guy you are) and you really, really wanted to kill lots of people in a small space of time, would you use:

A.) a shotgun that has a small ammunition capacity and is tedious to reload once out of ammo?

B.) an "assault rifle-type" weapon with a 30-rd. magazine capacity that can be relatively quickly reloaded?

If you paid attention to actual news sources by vetted and trained (but albeit often stupid and incompetent) journalists, you'd know that this idiot was obsessed with first-person shooter games and it is coming out that he basically conducted himself as a first person shooter gamer in the school (excessively reloading so he had max ammo capacity).

And THE MEDIA isn't the one reporting here, THE POLICE ARE!!!..

Instead of using cherry picked conspiracy crap sources focusing on irrelevant issues for some political agenda that take often wrong, unconfirmed INITIAL REPORTS during the hours unfolding after the massacre took place, just look at what "police said":

Newtown shooter's guns: What we know
            By Steve Almasy, CNN
            updated 10:11 AM EST, Wed December 19, 2012

(CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.

In fact many details remain unknown about the weapons Lanza used that day to kill 20 children, his own mother, six other adults and then himself. Here's what is known so far:...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm 100% aware of that...

He removed .223 cal casings from the children...
              No dummy, he didn't remove "casings," he removed slugs...

Retard...

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

He did really tell Piers (the Shill), who fled his own country to avoid prosecution...

I think Alex acted the way he did on purpose because of who Piers Morgan is...

Do I agree with how he acted, no, but it was entertaining...

I do think, however, that Alex should have treated the invitation with respect and engaged in an actual conversation...

Yeah, figured you'd try to put a positive spin on it, but don't bother. He's a nutjob. Complete fucking idiot, and you should be ashamed of yourself for spouting his shit here like he's anything but certifiable.

He had ONE valid point - the big pharma drugs most people with "issues" are prescrbed that cause violent outbursts - and he was too busy being a fucking idiot (what was with all the "let's fight" references??) to make it coherently. He FAILED miserably no matter how you slice it.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

It's about time you actually debate something...

But I didn't cherry pick anything...

I've posted various sources that all corroborate the same findings...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Is this an AR15, I think not...

And why is the officer handling it, anyway ??

Isn't that called contaminating the scene of a crime ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Watch the video again, Nick...

That's a shotgun shell coming out of the chamber...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Anyway, when there's proof that Lanza brought a rifle into the school, I'll shut up...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's about time you actually debate something...

But I didn't cherry pick anything...

I've posted various sources that all corroborate the same findings...
                          No you don't. You posted an OPINION piece based on red herrings, conspiratorial rantings, and COMPLETELY cherry picked "facts" as he forgets to mention that the media was just speculating and filling in what wasn't known with wrong information in the first hours after the shooting. The "media" doesn't have access to the shooting crime scene, the police do. Therefore we need to wait to see what actually happens after the events have transpired.

If you had a hint of critical thinking and skepticism for everything instead of selectively vetting it at a gov't you don't like because it's led by a blackman, you might dismiss other douchebags like this from doing your thinking for you in their red herring OP-ED pieces...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Anyway, when there's proof that Lanza brought a rifle into the school, I'll shut up...
                            What "proof?" There's no proof he didn't use a laser blaster or a plasma ray gun either, by that standard. Dipshit!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Watch the video again, Nick...

That's a shotgun shell coming out of the chamber...
                              Very good, so you've just said "the media," the police, and I am right as there was a "long gun" that was a shotgun in his trunk! Congratulations...morons!

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

A few inconsistencies:

Reports of possible second shooter apprehended and in custody...

Helicopter footage of police chasing suspect on foot...

Early police audio of two more suspects detained on the ground...

Initial reports of two hand guns found with the shooter...

Story changed to four hand guns found with the shooter...

"Hundreds of rounds fired"

Eric Holder immediately meeting with first responders...

Shooter allowed entrance into the school...

Story changed to shooter gained access through broken window...

Within three hours, Obama on TV blaming guns before any facts known...

And there's more...

Comment

Working...