McCain : "Mr Gorbachev, Put UP this Wall!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Think 35 was the age you had to go on carousel in Logan's Run. Speaking of which, did the remake of that ever come out? Straight to video?

My bad. Thanks. It was Logans Run, not Running Man.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

McCain...in a way, his military experience is something that hinders his approach and worldview. He came out of Vietnam with all the wrong lessons learned (never questioning the flaws of the interventionalist rationale that got the US bogged down there in the first place; to McCain our defeat in Vietnam was the result of a military failure because the armed forces were hampered by waffling politicians back home).

He's just too quick to embrace the notion of America exporting democracy abroad via gunpoint to have ever been anything less than a dangerous Commander-in-Chief. He was wrong about the lessons of Vietnam, just as he was wrong about the lessons of Iraq. All of that doesn't necessarily mean he by default would be wrong about what our role in Syria should be, but...

However, I do think our borders should be secure. I also think our immigration policy should be aimed at bringing in the best other countries have to offer, rather than just letting anyone in who wants to come. It isn't the 1920's anymore.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

But he is a maverick.

maverick[ mav-er-ik, mav-rik ]

noun

a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas: You can't muzzle a maverick.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
          Think 35 was the age you had to go on carousel in Logan's Run.
          No we went amber even longer ago than that, it was 30.

How anyone could consider limiting Jenny Agutter to 30, that would be have been a terrible waste...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            No we went amber even longer ago than that, it was 30.

How anyone could consider limiting Jenny Agutter to 30, that would be have been a terrible waste...

Jenny Agutter is so naughty...so very, very naughty...everytime I think about the scene in American Werewolf In London where she says, "Would you like to watch telly whilst I take a shower?" I become emotionally...erect.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...