Right-Wing Zealots Are Already Freaking Out About The Return Of Cosmos!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

I've still got my original hardcover 'cosmos' book. Can't wait for the new one. It seemed that back then, the religious types were more open to science and jeebus co existing.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia
        It seemed that back then, the religious types were more open to science and jeebus co existing.
        Without a doubt. The scare tactics screaming you can't have it both ways have been terrifyingly effective. Unfortunately, it would seem, just enough people are stupid.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Unbelievable.

I'd like to think that Creationists were a tiny minority.............
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
            I've still got my original hardcover 'cosmos' book. Can't wait for the new one. It seemed that back then, the religious types were more open to science and jeebus co existing.
            I certainly was. Though I did lean in the "creationist" direction as a teenager, I certainly didn't dismiss science in general. There were some kids at my church who made some dumb comments about that "satanic" Carl Sagan. I asked them if they had ever actually watched the show, and of course, they had not. Somebody told them it was "evil" and they didn't question it. But even then, at the height of Reaganism, that attitude was probably in the minority.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

You are probably more religious than I am. You post as Jesus and Satan, but you might as well post as Zeus, Thor, or even Set. They are all mythical figures.
              Last edited by Warham; 03-13-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Funny that you edited "Loki" out of that post. I seem to remember a "Loki" alias posting here a few years back.....

Was that a confession?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And I'm not really religious at all.... Hell I didn't even go to church on Christmas Eve this time around. Though I did watch Pope Frankie's Midnight Mass on TV. Which is ironic, since I've never been Catholic..... but it seemed like a reasonable idea at the time.

If I'm ever in Tucson for the Holidays again, I'll probably do Midnight Mass in person at the San Xavier mission.... again, not so much out of religious reasons, but just because the place is so damn cool....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Funny that you edited "Loki" out of that post. I seem to remember a "Loki" alias posting here a few years back.....

Was that a confession?
                    Na, I just didn't want to sound like the comic book geek I really am.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

And I'm not really religious at all.... Hell I didn't even go to church on Christmas Eve this time around. Though I did watch Pope Frankie's Midnight Mass on TV. Which is ironic, since I've never been Catholic..... but it seemed like a reasonable idea at the time.

If I'm ever in Tucson for the Holidays again, I'll probably do Midnight Mass in person at the San Xavier mission.... again, not so much out of religious reasons, but just because the place is so damn cool....

Am not religious but that is a very cool building ...
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, it's just as cool on the inside. One of the oldest buildings on this continent as well, built in the 1780s. Though I guess I would have to give Spain the credit on that one, since they were probably in charge of the area when it was built.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, it's just as cool on the inside. One of the oldest buildings on this continent as well, built in the 1780s.
                          You should visit Quebec. Tons of buildings built in the 1600's.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                            You should visit Quebec. Tons of buildings built in the 1600's.
                            Igloo's last that long ?
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
                              Unbelievable.

I'd like to think that Creationists were a tiny minority.............
                              Not so tiny in the US or among Muslims but they are still a minority of religious people - for example the whole Catholic church isn't creationist.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by WACF
                                Part of the proof is the sea shells located in rocks on mountains...cause that is what happened during Noah's Ark time.

I explained the Tetonic Plates and how the shells got to be so high....she looked at me at joyfully and explained I was wrong...no idea about or interest in Tetonic Plates.

I mentioned no proof that humankind has ever been wiped out or a mass near extinction of wildlife except for those on the Ark...once again....nope...there is proof...in scripture.

My wife ended our discussion...for the better good.
                                It's such an insanely ridiculous story it's almost too big a target to shoot holes in.

A couple of quickies would be to ask her how many plants and trees were left alive after being under water for 40 days and the bugs thing. There are over 400 000 species of beetle alone.

Comment

Working...