X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I think my thing with this story back in the day was that I could totally see how it could have happened to me or any of my friends who were out there traveling the world working in various jobs in our mid 20s.

They go to a bar have a few drinks some guys offer you a lift back to your hotel. No public transport in Texas so seems like a good idea. Something happens in the car, maybe they start coming on to you or they shake you down for money.

You jump out the car and you are in the middle of who knows where pre-cell phone what do you do?

After a while I would have done what they did, go to the nearest house ring the doorbell. Apologize like mad and ask to phone a cab.

I don't think that merits being murdered.
    But that's not how things really are...That's how it was in that particular incidence . That type of thing doesn't happen as much as the news would lead you to believe
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I think my thing with this story back in the day was that I could totally see how it could have happened to me or any of my friends who were out there traveling the world working in various jobs in our mid 20s.

They go to a bar have a few drinks some guys offer you a lift back to your hotel. No public transport in Texas so seems like a good idea. Something happens in the car, maybe they start coming on to you or they shake you down for money.

You jump out the car and you are in the middle of who knows where pre-cell phone what do you do?

After a while I would have done what they did, go to the nearest house ring the doorbell. Apologize like mad and ask to phone a cab.

I don't think that merits being murdered.
      Well of course not. Cussed at, maybe.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by lesfunk
        That type of thing doesn't happen as much as the news would lead you to believe
        The news perpetuates the fear by reporting every example that occurs. Not their fault, just the way it is in this technological age. People in rural places never used to hear about all this crap, because most, if not all, their news was of the local variety.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As I said violent crime keeps going down but fear of it keeps going up.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

That's because of the rampant government propaganda...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think it's more a media thing, moving from filling 20 minutes of news each day to 24 hours a day.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

As I said violent crime keeps going down but fear of it keeps going up.
                Depends on where you live. I'd say our violent crime rate in my community is fairly low. But right before Christmas we had this black dude who broke into three homes, pistol whipped the home owners and robbed them. Now, some people here will say that if any of those home owners had had a gun on them it wouldn't have made one bit of difference. I say bullshit.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Oh, and at least two of the local TV news reports didn't even give a description of the criminal. I wonder why...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Yeah, and state run media propagates the propaganda...

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The two walk hand in hand. The national news has essentially turned into commercials selling left or right ideology depending on what channel you tune in

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I would like to take this opportunity to broaden the scope of this thread by including the assertion that it's not just colored but minorities in general that are uncivilized sub humans

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to broaden the scope of this thread by including the assertion that it's not just colored but minorities in general that are uncivilized sub humans
                          Phew Les. It must burn your ass that your Reverend Guitars has your mug in the same column as a fellow endorsee/lawless savage like Meshell Ndegeocello. In fact, the whole lot is peppered with minorities. How do you bring yourself to tolerate? Must be some good equiptment.

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

sarcasm didn't make it to the Bridge but you did manage some sarcasm of your own. To be open transparent I must say that my intention was to take a poke at the threads underlying premise, which is black people are savages. You see?
                            Last edited by lesfunk; 06-11-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              If I'm not mistaken, and anybody feel free to correct me, but aren't most gun murders in this country gang on gang/gang related?
                              Problem there is the innocent bystanders that end up getting shot. In Cleveland, it's usually a kid.

Just the other night a couple were fighting, the guy turns to leave, and once in the parking lot he fired a shot at the apartment. He hit his two year old son. Of course the family is all over the news saying what a great guy he was.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

sarcasm didn't make it to the Bridge...
                                I'll admit, it sometimes doesn't. In cases like these, what with all the constant race tension threads that rear their ugly heads, at DLR fan site of all places, during the lengthy droughts actual band related news, the hate becomes depressingly overpowering around here. If it is, in fact, my bad, then I do apologize.

Comment

Working...