Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Burning of natural gas itself isn't the real problem. The water wasting, toxic polluting, earthquake causing, fracking method of extracting it IS.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Maybe if it were true...

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        That's not what I meant you have to think about it the other way around.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
        Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, as I am not exactly 100% sober right now, but are you implying that governments should subsidize your fuel?

Well, I'm not sure how it works there, but judging by the way they do it HERE, the one thing you don't want - as usual - is the government interfering.

Because here, the government has its paw on fuels, but rather than subsidize them, it double taxes them.

So, you might want to look for a better, government-free alternative. The only one I can think of is fill up & run. I'm not saying it works, I'm just saying it seems to be the most viable solution.

Cheers!

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

speaking of water wasting..........

Californians Keep Up With Joneses’ Water Use

LOS ANGELES — For all the doomsday proclamations about the historic drought that has this state in a chokehold, here is what Californians have done to save water: not much.

In five months since the drought emergency was declared, Californians have cut their water consumption only 5 percent compared with recent years, according to state officials — a far cry from the 20 percent that Gov. Jerry Brown called for in January.
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• jacksmar
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

'I've been banned by the BBC!': Ex-Chancellor Lord Lawson, a passionate climate change sceptic, accuses BBC bosses of silencing debate on global warming

Over the years, both in and out of government, I have frequently been invited to appear on BBC radio’s flagship Today programme, usually to discuss economic issues.

But despite the fact that I had written a thoroughly well-documented book about global warming (An Appeal To Reason), which happily became something of a best-seller, and the following year founded a think-tank, the Global Warming Policy Foundation (which is advised by a number of eminent scientists), I was never invited on Today to discuss any aspect of climate change.

That was until earlier this year, when I was asked on to discuss the recent bad weather, which had caused widespread flooding in parts of England, the extent to which this may have been connected with man-made climate change, and what should be done about it.

My opposite number was the scientist Sir Brian Hoskins. It was an appropriate pairing, since Sir Brian is no remote and unworldly academic: he is chairman of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change, a lavishly-funded alarmist pressure group, and a member of the Government-appointed Climate Change Committee, which exists chiefly to promote the abandonment of fossil fuels (coal, oil and gas) by the UK.

It was a thoroughly civilised discussion, ably refereed by presenter Justin Webb. Following the programme, on February 13, all hell broke loose.

The BBC was overwhelmed by a well-organised deluge of complaints — many of them, inevitably, from those with a commercial interest in renewable energy, as well as from the Green Party — arguing that, since I was not myself a scientist, I should never have been allowed to appear.
            A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jacksmar
              speaking of water wasting..........

Californians Keep Up With Joneses’ Water Use

LOS ANGELES — For all the doomsday proclamations about the historic drought that has this state in a chokehold, here is what Californians have done to save water: not much.

In five months since the drought emergency was declared, Californians have cut their water consumption only 5 percent compared with recent years, according to state officials — a far cry from the 20 percent that Gov. Jerry Brown called for in January.
              i read an article about a municipality in CA that was gonna fine a family for a brown lawn...
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What I'm saying is that governments subsidise fuel to fuck at the moment.

They subsidise the fossil fuel industries and in the US in particular where politics is super money driven for each million given in campaign contributions by an Exxon translates into ten times as much back in subsidies for the oil industry. This is an impossible barrier to market entry for new power sources.

Simultaneously as they pay for the politicians they also throw a few million here and there to people to set up 'think tanks' and websites to muddy the waters and confuse the issues.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And that's not even mentioning stuff like a trillion to invade Iraq...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    i read an article about a municipality in CA that was gonna fine a family for a brown lawn...
                    Racists!

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

That opening sentence could become a template!

For all the doomsday proclamations about ________ that has ________ in a chokehold, here is what ________ have done to save ________: not much.
                      I'll try one:

For all the doomsday proclamations about climate change that has the whole world in a chokehold, here is what the vocal majority have done to save the Earth: not much.

This is fun! Let me try it again.

For all the doomsday proclamations about illegal immigration that has the United States in a chokehold, here is what the average citizen have done to save their homeland: not much.

Ok, one more!

For all the doomsday proclamations about the exhaustion of fossil fuels that has the whole world in a chokehold, here is what the vocal majority have done to save the Earth: not much.

That last one only took ONE replacement!. C'mon, you try it.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar..._campaign=1490

'I've been banned by the BBC!': Ex-Chancellor Lord Lawson, a passionate climate change sceptic, accuses BBC bosses of silencing debate on global warming

Over the years, both in and out of government, I have frequently been invited to appear on BBC radio’s flagship Today programme, usually to discuss economic issues.

But despite the fact that I had written a thoroughly well-documented book about global warming (An Appeal To Reason), which happily became something of a best-seller, and the following year founded a think-tank, the Global Warming Policy Foundation (which is advised by a number of eminent scientists), I was never invited on Today to discuss any aspect of climate change.

That was until earlier this year, when I was asked on to discuss the recent bad weather, which had caused widespread flooding in parts of England, the extent to which this may have been connected with man-made climate change, and what should be done about it.

My opposite number was the scientist Sir Brian Hoskins. It was an appropriate pairing, since Sir Brian is no remote and unworldly academic: he is chairman of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change, a lavishly-funded alarmist pressure group, and a member of the Government-appointed Climate Change Committee, which exists chiefly to promote the abandonment of fossil fuels (coal, oil and gas) by the UK.

It was a thoroughly civilised discussion, ably refereed by presenter Justin Webb. Following the programme, on February 13, all hell broke loose.

The BBC was overwhelmed by a well-organised deluge of complaints — many of them, inevitably, from those with a commercial interest in renewable energy, as well as from the Green Party — arguing that, since I was not myself a scientist, I should never have been allowed to appear.
                        Lawson was an odious toad faced conservative cunt who fucked up his job on a scale that makes the captain of the Titanic seem like an overachiever. The prick managed to lose 10% of the governments money in a day. That's fucking spectacular even Nitro will back me up. 10s of billions he should have been strung up on a meat hook.

Its like Cheney or Blair still giving out advice on Iraq except this fuckwit never even worked in the area.

The fucking arrogance of these pricks is astonishing.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Allow me to pick one particular sentence out of your post, Sesh.

This is an impossible barrier to market entry for new power sources.
                          Well, DUH!

What the hell have I been saying all along? There won't be any alternatives until the ALLOW it. So, stop worrying. Short of a massacre like the French revolution, you're not gonna get anything out of your worries.

I'm all for guillotining the entire political class, bankers & CEOs, though. Someone get the ball rolling, I have a particular politician that I want for myself...

Cheers!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Climate Depot

Russia’s Pulkovo Observatory: ‘We could be in for a cooling period that lasts 200-250 years’
                            "Wha? Shit there goes a SAM. Be back to you later"

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

You mean the network that Sesh uses to promote the "very complicated subject" of global warming ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

The fucking arrogance of these pricks is astonishing.
                                The BBC ??

I agree...

Comment

Working...