Did The Russians or Russian Rebels Shoot Down a Malaysian Airliner?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Try living in a city where Kristy lives that gets a ton of snow. Also you might want to go on a camping/fishing trip where you need the traction and clearance. Also most SUV's are pretty poor farm vehicles. They aren't built tough enough.
    Exactly

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
      Hey, it's still a Hemi, I mean, semi-free country.
      Subject was cool , the presenter not so much .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        No, that's not true...

Some are, of course...

But some are highly efficient, even amazingly so...

of course they make heat. Heat is energy...
        You clearly never took any physics or chemistry classes. Internal combustion engines lose most their energy in the form of heat. Sure the newer ones are more efficient but the whole process is inefficient. Why it's still used is because it's cheap and reliable compared to any other alternative.

Modern gasoline engines have a maximum thermal efficiency of about 25% to 30% when used to power a car. In other words, even when the engine is operating at its point of maximum thermal efficiency, of the total heat energy released by the gasoline consumed, about 70-75% is rejected as heat without being turned into useful work, i.e. turning the crankshaft.[1] Approximately half of this rejected heat is carried away by the exhaust gases, and half passes through the cylinder walls or cylinder head into the engine cooling system, and is passed to the atmosphere via the cooling system radiator.[2] Some of the work generated is also lost as friction, noise, air turbulence, and work used to turn engine equipment and appliances such as water and oil pumps and the electrical generator, leaving only about 25-30% of the energy released by the fuel consumed available to move the vehicle.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

-23 days ?

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

You clearly never took any physics or chemistry classes.
            And you clearly fail to grasp that Dumbellvis never made it past the 10th grade.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Subject was cool , the presenter not so much .
              Well shit, he is a serial killer after all. Which is kind of hot.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Here's some lovely footage of jet airliners biting the dust - literally! So sit back, make some popcorn and book your next flight:

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Wrong, Notro...

I understand in great detail how a combustion engine works...

I'm an active mechanic in my working life as well as my free time, and I've taken all sorts of classes...

When I say efficient, I mean in comparison to any other technology or alternative energy source, so far...

And that quote (sans link) is old...

Modern efficiency in an automobile is around 35% these days and getting better...

Heat, friction and turbulence are factors that will effect any alternative energy source...

And when you factor in reliability, nothing can touch a modern gas or diesel engine...

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Here's some lovely footage of jet airliners biting the dust - literally! So sit back, make some popcorn and book your next flight:

Right ,watched 10 seconds of that and told the kids were going camping for our holidays this year .
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

People are idiots and SUV drivers are the stupidest of the bunch.
                      You got a bit sidetracked there, with all the riots & whatnot, so I took the liberty of editing your post for easier consumption.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Cheers!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The new Hondas are shit. Where do you get your information from? I get mine from people who actually work on cars for a living.
                        1973 Chevy Vegas don't count! I get information from Consumer Reports and online sources, genius! Show me one negative report on the CRV!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Fuck you borderline boy, I buy what I wanna.
                          I thought you wanted opinions. You better watch it or I'll turn your vajay and swerve you into oncoming vajays!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            I thought you wanted opinions. You better watch it or I'll turn your vajay and swerve you into oncoming vajays!
                            Only from sane people.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kristy
                              only from sane people.
                              here?
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So a lot of these SUV's are fake. It wouldn't take much to break one on a fairly sane off road situation. It's all because some people who used to only drive sedans and sports cars liked being up high and having the power. Most probably hardly ever even drive on a dirt road. They got a taste of redneckville and went crazy.
                                They are driven here by hesitant rich mothers on the school run in the city.

In London they are called Chelsea tractors and people buy fake mud sprays to pretend they use them at the weekend to do outdoor stuff.

My main objection apart from what Imapuss said is that they don't have to follow the same safety rules as other cars which means their fenders are too high and also they don't crumple so that if one hits you on the side it's chassis is going to kill you or your kids. Worst are the bull bars which are pedestrian killers.

I'm talking about urban drivers I have no problem with them being used in the way that they were originally meant.

Comment

Working...