X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    You would love it. It's called The Endowment Ceremony and it's super secret. You even get a new name that is your temple name. You dress in white and wear this cool pleated robe that looks like a toga and this funky hat that has a string you tie to a special loop on the toga. Then you wear an apron like a mason but it's not a masonic apron it's like green fig leaves. Ha! ha! It's totally asinine.

Ok so you get these signs and tokens which are secret hand shakes that mean different things and you have to memorize them to get into the holy of hollies of the temple. There are four secret handshakes and when you are shown them you swear a death oath that you will never divulge them. One penalty is having your tongue ripped out by its roots. The other one your throat is slit. The third one your are disembowled and I forgot the fourth one.

Anyways all this super secret stuff is on the internet and anyone interested now knows so so much for secrecy.
    Do you get a special Rolex to wear after you complete the ceremony? Because if you do, I am fucking IN!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

The word endowment has Donniep interested lol
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        You have very serious religion over there , we have tea and biscuits religion .
        Mormonism is pretty heavy religion. It's pretty demanding. I would say that's why a lot of Mormons are successful because you have to have a hell of a work ethic to stay on the church treadmill and like jews, education is pushed. It's a "Chosen People" religion. Basically the jews blew it so God made Mormons the "Chosen People". If you believe it you really get a confidence boost. You also tend to be overbearing on people outside the clique and they tend to get pissed off. That's why the Mormons got ran out of everywhere and they eventually settled in the Utah desert. Once in isolation it grew.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The word endowment has Donniep interested lol
          Hey, not everybody is born with a giant cock.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You have very serious religion over there , we have tea and biscuits religion .
            The tea & biscuits Anglican church is known as the Episcopalian church over here. Actually have one about three blocks down the street. Never been there for services, but they had some sort of a block party/open house thing a couple weeks ago, so I dropped by for the Hell of it. Nice enough people, but I think I was the only person there who was between the ages of 10 and 60, so despite the easy walking distance, if I were church shopping it probably wouldn't be at the top of my list.

They weren't serving tea & biscuits oddly enough. They have a "multicultural" congregation, so they were cooking up hot dogs, egg rolls, and taquitos. Tragically, all they had to wash it down with was lemonade. They could have busted out the communion wine, maybe?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Do you get a special Rolex to wear after you complete the ceremony? Because if you do, I am fucking IN!

Someone snuck a camera into the Salt Lake City Temple. This is the prayer circle. You can put the name of someone you want to help on a scroll and it goes on the alter and they have a group prayer over it. You can see the funky temple clothes. You would think with all the hocus pocus and having to give all these hidden signs and tokens to get into the celestial room there would be some kind of reward. Nope. You go into a really nice room that is supposed to represent where God lives and you just can hang around there. It's like sitting in a really nice hotel lobby. LOL! No Rolex. No 72 virgins. No party in the baptismal font. It's pretty boring. But you can make killer business contacts if you know how to network. The thing is, you have become one of the group. You are on the inside and as Gordon Gecko said in Wall Street. You are either on the inside or you are outside.

Also they watered the ceremony down. They used to speak Adamic. The language of Adam when they called upon God. In another 50 years they probably will just wear T-Shirts and eat cookies and punch. It's getting watered down folks. It used to be weirder.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-29-2014, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

weird sounds fun ,
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Under all them temple clothes is the holy under garments. Yes indeed. Like a super hero with the priesthood robe on you are ready for action! You got your signs and tokens and have all the keys to open the door to where God dwells and you become a god yourself. Owwwwwwwwww! Screw the rolex. You can make universes and planets. You can have as many women as you want. You can make as many Rolex's as you want. Mormons think BIG!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

weird sounds fun ,
                    Oh there was some fun to be had in the 70's and 80's. I don't think the church is as fun now. They use to have some really great activities and trips.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Under all them temple clothes is the holy under garments. Yes indeed. Like a super hero with the priesthood robe on you are ready for action! You got your signs and tokens and have all the keys to open the door to where God dwells and you become a god yourself. Owwwwwwwwww! Screw the rolex. You can make universes and planets. You can have as many women as you want. You can make as many Rolex's as you want. Mormons think BIG!
                      Unless I get a 36mm rollie with a fluted bezel then I don't care. Universes and womarns are great. But when I'm making planets I want to be sure there's a rollie on my wrist.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I can relate to Mr. Geddy Lee on this. Growing up in a strict religion kinds of makes you want to go the other way.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Unless I get a 36mm rollie with a fluted bezel then I don't care. Universes and womarns are great. But when I'm making planets I want to be sure there's a rollie on my wrist.
                            Ah but everyone is supposed to be equal in the temple. You remove your bling and go in real humble. In the temple Mitt Romney or John Huntsman are no more important than a poor person from Guatemala. It's not really a show off your bling kind of place.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              The tea & biscuits Anglican church is known as the Episcopalian church over here. Actually have one about three blocks down the street. Never been there for services, but they had some sort of a block party/open house thing a couple weeks ago, so I dropped by for the Hell of it. Nice enough people, but I think I was the only person there who was between the ages of 10 and 60, so despite the easy walking distance, if I were church shopping it probably wouldn't be at the top of my list.

They weren't serving tea & biscuits oddly enough. They have a "multicultural" congregation, so they were cooking up hot dogs, egg rolls, and taquitos. Tragically, all they had to wash it down with was lemonade. They could have busted out the communion wine, maybe?
                              A Chinese friend of mine is Methodist. I go to the big fundraising diner he puts on for the great chinese food. In Salt Lake I used to go to the Greek Orthodox church. They threw a killer Greek festival every year.
                              Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-29-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Ah but everyone is supposed to be equal in the temple. You remove your bling and go in real humble. In the temple Mitt Romney or John Huntsman are no more important than a poor person from Guatemala. It's not really a show off your bling kind of place.
                                Then what is the point??

Comment

Working...