Originally posted by Seshmeister
    But Shark wasn't asleep...
    How would you know ??

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I never said anything about "recycling" or batteries, or fuckwit "genius millionaires" douchebags who supposedly have it all figured out, you pothead....
      Odd how you always have an excuse for when you don't have an answer.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        23 MPG for a car that will be manufactured at a very modest production rate. 23 MPG is great for a 700 HP car. I just may get one. I'll keep the pedal mashed, and the gas flowing for you. By the way, my 2014 Dodge Ram doesn't get 23 MPG.
        But who the fuck needs? Does anyone care if it has 707hp or 307? Buy one if that's what makes you happy.

But Jesus, I'd rather have a Corvette for my midlife crisis, at least that thing LOOKS the part!

Come on Nicki Wiki, or is it Wiki Nicki? It's ALL about the Government, and greasing palms. Do you really believe it is cheaper to design and build high mileage cars, than it is to get the oil we don't seem to want to tap into, under our very own feet? Do you really think it's about the environment? Do you really think it's about "offsetting costs"? Your Government is killing your very business, with their rules and regulations. They don't care about anything but making themselves, and their partners in crime, more money. If you believe otherwise, I'll sell you that waterfall you live near.
        Nicki Wiki I think.

The Tier system, launched under Clinton, was ALL about the environment! Not all legislation sucks the sperm out of lobbyist mouths. But it does turn out that better fuel economy is GOOD for business after all! Killing business? Oh God, poor poor U.S. corporations, forced to pay big sums to their politicians to buy them off, operate in hugely profitable markets using almost free (but aging) infrastructure, avoiding taxes to a large extent, and making billions in a relatively corruption free market place when compared to many other places.

Stop speaking out of two sides of your mouth Von! does big business special interest "own" the gov't or is gov't killing off poor big businesses? Because the last time I checked, U.S. corporations are making more money with less overhead than at anytime in history...

I've said it before in these forums. I met the guy that supplies the batteries for the Tesla cars, as well as forklifts and hybrid cars. He is a rocket scientist. A millionaire many times over. He agreed with me that the whole "green" thing is nothing more than propaganda, and that the internal combustion engine is by far the most efficient means to power vehicles. He told me straight out, he is laughing all the way to the bank. The reason nobody is talking about, or addressing the issues with your Governments false claims about efficiency and "green" or alternative solutions, is because they are all bullshit. Do you know how much plastic is used in those batteries? Do you know how much plastic is used in a modern car? Do you know how much oil it takes to make said plastic? Do you know how much power it takes to charge one of those batteries? Do you know how much it's going to hurt our environment to dispose of all those fucking batteries when they wear out? This Country is short on power now. Are we going to build new power plants to keep up with the extra power demand? If so, what kind? Coal fired? Nuclear? It's called robbing Peter, to pay Paul.

Just keep believing your Government is looking out for your best interests Nick. Oh, and the best interests of the business you are in.
        I never said the gov't is looking out for my/our best interests. Just that they occasionally get something right despite themselves. I don't disagree that the internal combustion engine is the best we have right now, I said nothing about hybrids and all that shit. The Tesla car is every bit as much irrational penis-contest fuckwittery as is the Hellcat in some respects. But that doesn't mean a few more miles per gallon per car doesn't make a huge difference because it does and has. When Americans drive more efficient cars, the price of oil drops and it has a real dent on the end...

Did you ask your genius friend how much we pay in a military tax (spending 10X more on defense than our next 10 competitors combine IIRC) and how much that saps our economy? Do you think that is to protect our battery technology? No! It's to maintain a capability to deploy worldwide at a moments notice and largely to takeover oil fields. We're already paying "more". See the ridiculous "F-35" thread!

And they do have these things called the wind and the sun, in addition to new technologies to get more oil out of wells thought basically dry, which they're now doing in Northern PA and Southern Tier NY...

Right. Because it's all POLITICS! We don't NEED to get ANY oil from those fucks! Your Government CHOOSES to get it from them, because they are as corrupt as the day is long! But hey, I know you think your boy Obamabeenfuckingyouinyourasswithnolube is looking out for your best interests, so pardon me for wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise.
        That's horseshit. You can piss on Obama all you want, we produce MORE OIL under him domestically that any previous president in the modern era. But that has little to do with my best interests...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-04-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          Odd how you always have an excuse for when you don't have an answer.
          So when do you and Von get to fucking each other?

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

But who the fuck needs?
            Needs? You only purchase what you need? You must really need all that beer you drink!

Does anyone care if it has 707hp or 307?
            I care. But I wouldn't expect you to be able to tell the difference between 307 HP and 707 HP. I doubt you've ever had grease under your fingernails, other than the lubricant you use to beat off with.

Buy one if that's what makes you happy.
            I just might. I am debating whether or not I want to go back to a classic, gas guzzling muscle car with around 600-800 HP, or if I want to go with the Hellcat with all the creature comforts of modern technology.

But Jesus, I'd rather have a Corvette for my midlife crisis, at least that thing LOOKS the part!
            Well, most balding middle aged guys that like to wear gold chains, would waste their money on a piece of shit ugly ass 'Vette! Then they get all butt hurt when they get their plastic doors blown off by a real car, like a Mustang or Challenger.

Nicki Wiki I think.
            Nicki Dicki!

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

It's a matter of time until the Baathists decide they've had enough...
              Si'. And then we can get out our collective popcorn and watch them hack each other to bits.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I just might. I am debating whether or not I want to go back to a classic, gas guzzling muscle car with around 600-800 HP, or if I want to go with the Hellcat with all the creature comforts of modern technology.

Well, most balding middle aged guys that like to wear gold chains, would waste their money on a piece of shit ugly ass 'Vette! Then they get all butt hurt when they get their plastic doors blown off by a real car, like a Mustang or Challenger.
                Go with the new car.. you can't beat having a shit-ton of power, leather seats, cold AC, kicking sound system and full-factory warrantee.

Agreed on the Vette.. the new ones look so cartoonish.. I guess it's love it or hate it.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Wait a minute now! I bought my car at age 28, so it was a quarter-life crisis!

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                    Don't worry I have spunked cash on stupid things for 30 years now .... Don't define it's just a life crisis
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

you're gonna be 112?!?!?!
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VetteLS5
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                          you're gonna be 112?!?!?!
                          Yes. Clearly my age, join date, and cred in my profile are dramatically lower than they should be.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Yes. Clearly my age, join date, and cred in my profile are dramatically lower than they should be.
                            numbers don't lie
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Needs? You only purchase what you need? You must really need all that beer you drink!
                              Well, yeah!

I care. But I wouldn't expect you to be able to tell the difference between 307 HP and 707 HP. I doubt you've ever had grease under your fingernails, other than the lubricant you use to beat off with.
                              Um, I change my own oil, dad!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                Don't worry I have spunked cash on stupid things for 30 years now .... Don't define it's just a life crisis
                                Fair point...

Comment

Working...