Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The Royal Bank of Scotland is not a central bank. They don't make money. It's just another shitty corrupt commercial bank like HSBC and Barclays.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

10% a bigger margin than most thought .
      Salmond has quit , whoever takes over needs to keep the momentum up .
      All in all I think Scotland and it's people can be proud , they were a brilliant example of democracy and I think the people's behaviour was something that all countries can aspire to .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Uh-oh..... Somebody better call Nurse Presley....

Don't know if there's anything to the "conspiracy", but this does look a little odd......
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, both my names are Scottish

I'd of voted "Aye!" but secretly would be pleased to have lost but at least have put the scare into Westminster to devolve more power to the Scots...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
              Shouldn't that say you'll never give us freedom?
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The world breathed a sigh of relief as the results came in, since there was a great deal of anxiety surrounding the issues of trade, energy, and currency if the Scots had gone their own way. With the “No” vote, none of those issues have to be resolved. But that’s not the end. This is the beginning.

If the Scots can call a vote on independence, then why can’t any other region in the world? Catalonia in Spain is obvious, and so is Basque. What about Quebec? Flanders? Texas? The door is now open for people around the world — at least in democratic societies — to claim that it is only fair for citizens to decide their government. The genie of self-rule for small states is out of the bottle with the Scottish vote, even though they agreed to stay in the union.
                  Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence. Since national government corruption is not only rampant in the UK but other parts of the world, the Scottish move might just inspire other regions to attempt to break away. It's a clear sign that people aren't happy with their national governments and one common complaint is the political parties thus the politics is controlled by multinational corporations and not the citizens. In short. People are tired of being robbed.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, if Hillary is the "best" candidate we can get in 2016, then Cascadian Independence is looking better all the time, as far as I'm concerned.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence. Since national government corruption is not only rampant in the UK but other parts of the world, the Scottish move might just inspire other regions to attempt to break away. It's a clear sign that people aren't happy with their national governments and one common complaint is the political parties thus the politics is controlled by multinational corporations and not the citizens. In short. People are tired of being robbed.
                      There is a real popular movement going here which I've never seen in my lifetime.

The main swing has come from people leaving Labour(Democrats) because they are sick of them getting too close to corporations and conservatives.

People that I know are joining political parties and rallies who would never have dreamed of doing that 6 months ago. SNP party membership has doubled in the last week.

We'll see if it lasts but with an election next year it could...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence.
                        The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.
                          The UK is the middle eastern crap. They just like the US to do the heavy lifting. Hell it's not countries anymore it's multinational corporations and Washington and London are bought and paid for. Saudi money funds ISIS. They go nuts. It's gives the people who want to control the region an excuse to go in. Obama just does it. Without congressional approval and without approval of Syria or the international community. The hell with US constitutional law and international protocols. Whoever is behind this shit is desperate. They want a big war and they are grubbing money wherever they can steal it. Looks to be someone is scared the economy is stuck in a long-term deflationary cycle and when that is the case. Bankers go to jail. Avoid jail by possibly starting World War III. Nice people.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Well, if Hillary is the "best" candidate we can get in 2016, then Cascadian Independence is looking better all the time, as far as I'm concerned.

Hey I would be in Cascadia if it broke away. Harper is just as bad as Obama or Hillary. No real choices. It can be Jebb Bush, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton. No election, just selection. People talk about Texas succeeding but Texas is as politically corrupt as Washington DC is. It's people feeling they have no choice that is fueling this. Heck it's what caused the American Revolution. The colonies were angry that they were shut out of the political process in London.

So Scotland might spark movements around the world in places where people feel they have been locked out and abused. This might be the start of something bigger than we ever imagined. We will see.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That map is definitely the largest version of Cascadia I've seen yet. I'm not really sure if I want Idaho in the mix, let alone chunks of Montana or Wyoming. Too many right wingers that way. No point in seceding from a country that has gone into the right wing ditch, just to form a new country that STARTS that way.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...