Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Donnie, you really need to stop being so defensive about that shit. When I make a factual statment about shit that took place in the past down in Dixie, I'm not calling for Sherman to rise from the dead and carry out his intentions. Just stating the historical reality. If "Loving vs Virginia" had been a ballot measure rather than a Supreme Court case in 1967, odds are it would not have passed in many states.

The historical context there is that 11 fucking states, and yes not all of them in the Confederacy, DID put the civil rights of LGBT people up for a popular vote in 2004, and the vote went in favor of the bigots. Would a popular vote have gone any better a decade later? It's possible, but I doubt it. Bigots of all kinds are in the minority these days, but sadly, that's a minority that's very easily manipulated by well funded political machines which get them to vote against their own interests every year.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I don't have a problem with you pointing out historical facts, even the shameful ones. But when someone says "down South" without saying the rest of the country was just as guilty, the implication is the same as it was before, during, and after that damn war - slavery and segregation were only practiced in the South. The truth is the yankees freakin loved the institution of slavery cause the cotton went north and the profits went north. The only reason Lincoln attacked the Confederacy was - in his own words - who's going to pay for the federal government if they're allowed to secede. And then it wasn't enough to just win the war, Lincoln had the South destroyed.

So yeah, I do get a bit defensive when anyone starts pointing fingers down here. And I do get aggravated when people piss and moan about our national and battle flags when those same hypocrites don't have a problem with the American flag (it flew over a nation where slavery was legal for nearly a hundred years). But I'm not really poking at you with my responses and perhaps I should have said "not directed at Ford but...".

Now, I've got to go take the flag down. I forgot to do it before we left for The Walmart. God bless The Confederacy
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

factual historical reference...........
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          And guess what? Now you've got college students all over this country segregating themselves - and that's a fact. And ol Jim Crow is laughing his ass off.
          You have to admit that people self segregating and it being done by the State are not the same thing at all.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            You have to admit that people self segregating and it being done by the State are not the same thing at all.
            I don't think Dr. King died so we could return to segregation in 2015/2016. The reason it matters is because people seem to have forgotten what segregation was really all about AND that it was the norm in most of this country. But if that's what they want then they should go for it. These same idiots want to toss out the First Amendment so more power to them.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              I don't have a problem with you pointing out historical facts, even the shameful ones. But when someone says "down South" without saying the rest of the country was just as guilty, the implication is the same as it was before, during, and after that damn war - slavery and segregation were only practiced in the South. The truth is the yankees freakin loved the institution of slavery cause the cotton went north and the profits went north. The only reason Lincoln attacked the Confederacy was - in his own words - who's going to pay for the federal government if they're allowed to secede. And then it wasn't enough to just win the war, Lincoln had the South destroyed.

So yeah, I do get a bit defensive when anyone starts pointing fingers down here. And I do get aggravated when people piss and moan about our national and battle flags when those same hypocrites don't have a problem with the American flag (it flew over a nation where slavery was legal for nearly a hundred years). But I'm not really poking at you with my responses and perhaps I should have said "not directed at Ford but...".

Now, I've got to go take the flag down. I forgot to do it before we left for The Walmart. God bless The Confederacy
              Slavery hasn't ended they just outsourced it overseas. We are all guilty of buying goods made from slave labor. You are probably viewing this website on on such a good.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jacksmar
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Donnie, you really need to stop being so defensive about that shit. When I make a factual statment about shit that took place in the past down in Dixie, I'm not calling for Sherman to rise from the dead and carry out his intentions. Just stating the historical reality. If "Loving vs Virginia" had been a ballot measure rather than a Supreme Court case in 1967, odds are it would not have passed in many states.

The historical context there is that 11 fucking states, and yes not all of them in the Confederacy, DID put the civil rights of LGBT people up for a popular vote in 2004, and the vote went in favor of the bigots. Would a popular vote have gone any better a decade later? It's possible, but I doubt it. Bigots of all kinds are in the minority these days, but sadly, that's a minority that's very easily manipulated by well funded political machines which get them to vote against their own interests every year.

milk and crackers for FORD

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

speaking of smelly, aging, bitchy hippies

vote for BS.........

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        slave FORD,

Lets take a closer look at Edwin Hubble's original data set for determining that the Universe was in fact expanding (based upon the red shifts of distant galaxies).

Its clear that there is a fair degree of scatter of the data points that Hubble originally generated. The important thing is that there is a significant statistical trend which shows an increase in galactic receding velocity as distance increases.

Since 1929, these data points have been revised many times, with more accurate equipment and techniques but the linear correlation has remained firm for this range of small galactic distances.

Blah blah

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Poor slave SESH for it appears I caused too many of his slave neurons to fire and thus overloading his ability to think.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Is this SLAVE thing meant to be kinky? Do you want people to call you MISTRESS, did you not say you were into all that stuff at one point?

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I believed I have already EXPLAINED the "slave thing"

Your sick, perverse fantasies belong to another forum.

These fucking Europeans, no wonder they blindly accept refugees.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Comment

Working...