Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

In Lynchburg if you stand up with a microphone, are white and have a bible in your hand you will attract 20,000 and no you don't have to be made to attend. Saying he could get that crowd was not meant as a compliment. I live not that far away, and they are true believers there in a scary kind of way.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
      In Lynchburg if you stand up with a microphone, are white and have a bible in your hand you will attract 20,000 and no you don't have to be made to attend. Saying he could get that crowd was not meant as a compliment. I live not that far away, and they are true believers there in a scary kind of way.

Yeah, I know you do, and I don't either. My son goes to college 50 miles away.

But specifically referring to Liberty, when Cruz announced in March, just stating the fact that attendance was mandatory for the students....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Never was
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2012

Sadly almost all those students would go anyway which is scary. Aren't we suppose to be liberal hippies in college and usually has paychecks get bigger and kids etc... typically you get more conservative a bit. Those Liberty kids start out bitching Bush was too liberal, where the hell are they gonna be politically in 20 years. I've had some as interns and nice kids but damn their life experience is so shallow.

I lived in Seattle for over a decade and when Gore ran they bitched in there he was too conservative. Seattle is my favorite city by far but politically it is indeed very liberal relative the broader country much as Lynchburg is politically very conservative.
        Last edited by Never was; 08-09-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Sadly almost all those students would go anyway which is scary. Aren't we suppose to be liberal hippies in college and usually has paychecks get bigger and kids etc... typically you get more conservative a bit. Those Liberty kids start out bitching Bush was too liberal, where the hell are they gonna be politically in 20 years. I've had some as interns and nice kids but damn their life experience is so shallow.

Well, let's be honest - Those kids at Liberty, and hundreds of other religious-affiliated universities, take advantage of huge endowments that are disguised as "academic aid". And frankly, hey, if it gets the kids an education, albeit one slanted towards religion, knock yourself out....

I recall as my son was getting close to attending college, he got an offer from a religious-affiliated university in western Virginia. Without knowing his GPA, his current grades or any of our financial information as his parents, they immediately offered him a $15,000 scholarship per year. Now, it turns out that a year there was at least $30,000 per year, so the money saved would've still resulted in approx. $20K per year.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Never was
            Foot Soldier
            • May 2012

Narrow views and full disclosure seldom go together.

I will say as Domer (Notre Dame alum) it is a broad based education and they truly do economic aid. I learned more about Hinduism, Taoism, and other world religions than Catholicism. I do think national universities like a BC, Notre Dame, Georgetown, are very different that the regional Loma Linda, William Jessup, Liberty, etc... of the world. Again I'm biased as a Domer, but a big difference in the culture of those two sets of schools

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's true that Cruz's speech at Liberty was mandatory attendance. Bernie is scheduled to speak there on September 14. Not sure whether that one will also be mandatory.

And yes, I was shocked as Hell to read that he would be speaking there. Not that Bernie is afraid to talk to anybody.... but that a school founded by Jerry Falwell would even allow him on campus.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Yup Bernie is hot right now...
                  He's a pussy. But he is currently every wet liberal's wet dream so let the kids have their fun.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Narrow views and full disclosure seldom go together.
                    Like rich college kids and Red Rocks.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                      He's a pussy. But he is currently every wet liberal's wet dream so let the kids have their fun.
                      WTF is a wet liberal?
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bernie at Portland's Rose Garden - Estimated crowd- 20,000!

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          He's a liberal's wet dream but he's for banking reform and that's why he get's no media coverage and Soros sends his Black Lives Matter paid goons in to protest him.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            WTF is a wet liberal?
                            One that got her bean flicked after a Bernie Sander's rally.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              It's true that Cruz's speech at Liberty was mandatory attendance. Bernie is scheduled to speak there on September 14. Not sure whether that one will also be mandatory.

And yes, I was shocked as Hell to read that he would be speaking there. Not that Bernie is afraid to talk to anybody.... but that a school founded by Jerry Falwell would even allow him on campus.
                              Smart PR because the school can claim they are open but it might also have to do with keeping the accreditation board happy.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Official number from the Portland Rose Garden: 28,000.

or in other words, a larger crowd than all the clown car appearances from the week combined!!!

FEEL THE BERN, CASCADIA!!!
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...