X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    While the 4 French train guards ran and locked themselves in their guard room...
    Things never change.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      The database needs to be created in such a way that all that's visible to a gun seller is a red flag, saying "This person cannot buy a gun or ammo".

It's not their concern WHY that is the case. So whether they are a convicted felon, or mentally ill, it's still the same "red flag", at least from what the gun seller can see. And yes, being prescribed an SSRI drug should put somebody into that database. These drugs even have warning labels that admit that they will make some people "suicidal" (and from there, it's not a huge leap to "homicidal", especially for those people who can't kill themselves, but have to manipulate somebody else into doing it (like cops, for example)

...so yeah, I have no problem with anybody with those particular toxic chemicals rolling around in their head being prohibited from buying weapons & ammo, as long as it's done in a way where the particulars of their mental illness remains private.
      We manage to keep them out of their hands (for the most part), without needing to gain access to medical health records.

I work in mental health, I consider many of my clients a danger to themselves at various times, but it is very rare I worry about my own or the safety of others. None of the individuals I work with would ever be able to get the references necessary to obtain a licence...
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

but...but...but Never buzzed sees that as a "violation" even though no HIPAA laws were ever broken. Never buzzed wants to complicate the issue, sidestep it and make us feel bad that the seriously violent mentally ill can't get their hands on a god damn gun. What's the betting Never buzzed owns a gun - several of them?

Comment

Working...