Keep those Syrian terrorists out of our fucking country!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FORD
      President Carter restricted immigration from one specific country (Iran) due to the hostage clusterfuck. Trump is calling for exclusion on the basis of religion. Not at all the same thing.
      Trump is calling for exclusion on the basis of religion because of the Muslim clusterfuck. Almost the same thing.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Doubtful. The first time someone sneezes and someone else says bless you shit's gonna hit the fan.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Until the Christian asks the Atheist, "What church do you go to?"

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

President Carter restricted immigration from one specific country (Iran) due to the hostage clusterfuck. Trump is calling for exclusion on the basis of religion. Not at all the same thing.
            That's because Islamic Jihadist don't all live in the same country. If they did Trump would have said ban people from there and then you would say he's biggotted against them folks. Funny how you support FDR, who interned Japanese and Carter who as you say restricted immigration from Iran but you chastise Trump for wanting to ban Muslims. Were all those Japanese a danger to society, were all those Iranians terrorists? How do you know some of those Iranians weren't try to escape persecution?
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Muslims don't eat at coffee shops. They eat at Snackbars. You hear them yelling snackbar snackbar all the time while they're blowing shit up.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by private parts
                Until the Christian asks the Atheist, "What church do you go to?"
                Again..... the last line is "it's what happens when you're not an asshole". If they immediately started arguing about religion, that's pretty much out the window.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• green bottle
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jun 2010

Who argues about religion?
                  Your favorite band sucks!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    That's because Islamic Jihadist don't all live in the same country. If they did Trump would have said ban people from there and then you would say he's biggotted against them folks. Funny how you support FDR, who interned Japanese and Carter who as you say restricted immigration from Iran but you chastise Trump for wanting to ban Muslims. Were all those Japanese a danger to society, were all those Iranians terrorists? How do you know some of those Iranians weren't try to escape persecution?
                    Again, you are confusing a specific national entity with a religion.

Iran is a country. Islam is not. You can look at somebody's passport and see what country they are from. That's neither an endorsement nor a condemnation of what President Carter did, and since i never heard of this until it hit the right wing spin factory yesterday, I have no idea why he did it. My guess is that he was trying to prevent agents of the Ayatollah Khomeni from targeting the Shah, who was in the US dying a slow painful death from cancer at the time.

Should we ban all "Christian" immigrants, based on the asshole in Colorado Springs? It's every bit as valid of an idea as what Trump is saying. And just as fucking impossible to enforce. Not to mention unconstitutional and plain fucking stupid.

And for the record, I have NEVER endorsed the Japanese internment during World War II. Had the same thing been done to German Americans at the time, my own family would have been locked up, and they had no allegiance to Adolf whatsoever, having been in the US since the middle of the 19th century.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=FORD;1899340]Fuck it then... everybody needs to get the fuck out of this country and go back to where ever their ancestors came from. I guess I can deal with that.... I don't speak a word of German, but at least they have beer and decent cars. Maybe I should try to claim British citizenship, since one of my grandfathers was born in Hong Kong (when it was a British colony)[/QUOTE

The question is what ancestral line? Most of us are Heinz 57's and we could go to many places. It's like saying the original owner of the gold owns it. So that gold in Asia got there from the silk road trade and that came to Europe on a Spanish galleon from America and then you have to assume what part of the America's it came from but of course some native tribe were on the land originally. The world works the way it always has. They who control the most violence controls. People stay in line because they don't want the hammer to fall. It's what makes people pay their taxes. Hey look my wife when she was little wanted to know where to send a letter to her dad because he never was home. The reason was he was working lot's of overtime during the cold war. Sure he could have gotten another job and spent more time with his kids but he had an absolute fear if the Soviet Union ever got a first strike capability on us with their nuclear weapons we would be toast. Sure he was working for a paycheck but he felt he was doing something that would allow his children to have a future even if it meant not seeing them much. It all boils down to the big stick and still does. Nothing I can do about it. It's always been that way. It was that way before I came here. It will be that way after I leave. This whole business of thinking you are owed something or you owe something because of what happened before you even were born is stupid. Everyone has thugs and victims in their family history. So what.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Iran is a country. Islam is not. You can look at somebody's passport and see what country they are from. That's neither an endorsement nor a condemnation of what President Carter did, and since i never heard of this until it hit the right wing spin factory yesterday, I have no idea why he did it. My guess is that he was trying to prevent agents of the Ayatollah Khomeni from targeting the Shah, who was in the US dying a slow painful death from cancer at the time.

Should we ban all "Christian" immigrants, based on the asshole in Colorado Springs? It's every bit as valid of an idea as what Trump is saying. And just as fucking impossible to enforce. Not to mention unconstitutional and plain fucking stupid.

And for the record, I have NEVER endorsed the Japanese internment during World War II. Had the same thing been done to German Americans at the time, my own family would have been locked up, and they had no allegiance to Adolf whatsoever, having been in the US since the middle of the 19th century.
                        Technical points. Hey if we wanted to ban people from Saudi Arabia fine with me. I can't get a visa to go over there and stay at a Red Sea resort and do some scuba diving. But thousands of Saudis come here to go to school and for other reasons. Their government sponsors terror. We have been attacked by Saudi nationals. Maybe you are making a valid point here Ford. No Indonesians or Malaysians have attacked us. So maybe instead of painting with the big Muslim brush we should be specific to geographical orgin. On legal matters the more specific the better. My dad had a friend who's family was interned. There was a Japanese community where he lived and it bugged him but he also said Pearl Harbor put the country into a panic. There was real fear we might not win that war and it was scary. Easy to look back at things and make judgements. Sure it was based in prejudice to a certain degree. The Germans were European. In the 40's Japan might have been another planet. The thing is prejudice is everywhere. Always has been. Go overseas to certain areas and you won't be in the club because you are a round eye, white, or from the US. What you going to do about it? Human nature. It ain't a perfect world and everyone is a master exploiter. Everyone is licking their finger and putting it in the air and seeing how they best can use the surrounding environment to their advantage. Some have discovered this political correctness gimmick get them something so they exploit it. Master Exploiter. Man that would be the killer name for a song.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

But then anyone who knows anything about the middle east knows those borders don't mean much. Parts of the world with rampant government corruption really are ran at the family or tribal level. It's family and tribal loyalties that run the middle east for real. Kind of like Sicily. The government always changed and always was corrupt so the real dealing was a family thing. A neighborhood thing. Our thing. La Costral Nostra came out of that mindset. The middle east is similar but of course you got some Islamic special sauce instead of some Roman Catholic special sauce.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Heck with the United States falling into deeper corruption and chaos you see some My Thing, Our Thing developing here more. It's what corruption does. Loyalties based on who you think you can trust or people who are in the same ethnic, religious, or historical club.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-10-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

Should we ban all "Christian" immigrants, based on the asshole in Colorado Springs?
                              How bout we agree to just ban all ASSHOLES! Should make this a really nice place to live.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

The first line of my post mentions that Islamic Jihadists don't all live in the same country. Did you miss that?
                                Last edited by cadaverdog; 12-11-2015, 12:24 AM.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...