X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Detroit is a hell hole where people get executed left and right. The democrats have run the place into the ground.

And you know you want a gun. One trip to the range and you'd be moving to America to get some freedom!
    http://https://youtu.be/yRQW7cWt2u8

Detroit used to be a fun town. Of course that's when people had jobs and they had honestly earned money in their pocket and wanted to be entertained after a hard shift or a hard week of work. Something people on welfare are missing. The work hard, play hard vibe.

My dad liked to fly back to Detroit and pick up new cars and drive em home. I went with him a few times. Always fun. Have fond memories of Detroit. Actually got snowed in there during the blizzard of 78. Never seen snow like that in an urban setting since.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-10-2015, 04:29 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Those are made in Croatia aren't they? I got a couple pistols but for packing I still go back to my Glock 19.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-10-2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        It's already difficult to obtain an automatic rifle and the background check takes anywhere from six months to a year.

What all the gun control talk forgets is that if somebody wants to shoot some shit up real good, it won't make a bit of difference if they use an AR or a bolt action rifle. You stick a crazy with a bolt action rifle and several loaded 5 round magazines in a conference and the result will be the same as last week - a whole bunch of innocent people dead.

California restricts ARs to 10 round, kinda sorta non detachable magazines. In theory you have to pop the pins and rotate the upper to insert rounds in through the action. In reality there's a thing called a bullet button that is legal in California and gets around that and of course criminals ain't gonna say "well, I shot all 10 rounds, time to give up".

And since the background checks for both of the men who bought the weapons used last week couldn't predict future intent, they didn't do much to prevent this from happening. So I don't know how Ubama's assertion that gun control will prevent terrorists from getting weapons has any basis in reality at all.
        Shit. Someone who can run a pump tactual shotgun well can do as much if not more damage than someone with a machine gun. I watched a Canuck who could really run a 303 Enfield bolt action well. I think he could get shots off just as fast and accurate with that as someone with an semi-automatic. Hey you can crank the rounds out of a Marlin or Winchester lever action. All the semi-automatic does is use the gas from the round being fired to cycle the action instead of you having to use a lever of some kind.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-10-2015, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Probably is a song or two in that vein...

I'm already all over the do what I want without concern. I just see so much energy, time and focus being expended within this realm. I really think the obsession needs a break. There's a lot of other good things that could use the attention. I refuse to live in fear...
          As the saying goes,"Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear".

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Digging the Timmy's Von....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Those are made in Croatia aren't they?
              Yes, and I'm not thrilled about that. I bought it specifically to conceal carry, and when shopping, it felt the best in my hand and had the features I like. Mechanically, it's somewhat of a Glock copy. I'm not really a big Glock fan as far as look and feel, but I'm coming around to them. I may pick one up. I had to put a trigger kit in this XDs, as it was way too stiff from the factory. This thing is so small, and it kicks like a mule. I have been shooting all my life, and before I put the trigger kit in, I had to really concentrate to hit anything. Kind of defeats the purpose of a carry gun. Should a situation ever arise, one would not want to have to concentrate super hard to hit his target! After the trigger kit, it is smooth and accurate.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Digging the Timmy's Von....
              Other than the Stanley Cup, Tim Horton's is the best thing we've ever bitch slapped Canada, and taken from them!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Looks like Ubama is about to pull an end run around congress and pass some gun control measures via executive order. If the rumors are true, it looks like he'll require people who sell 50 or more guns a year to have an FFL. Ok, so what, most collectors who flip guns already have their FFL so that's no biggie. And he's gonna close the so-called gun show loophole. Which in my state doesn't exist because you have to have either a handgun purchase permit or concealed carry license to purchase a handgun. Another non issue that will make him look good to all the gun grabbers. And it looks like he's gonna end online sales without a background check. Well, again, not gonna do anything. Why? Let me explain..

If I purchase a gun from an online dealer, like gunsamerica or whatever, the weapon has to be transferred to a dealer, an FFL owner. Before I take possession of the gun I have to provide a pistol purchase permit - background check already done - or my concealed carry permit. I still have to fill out the same form everybody else does before I can take possession of my slightly used bad ass pistol. So hello, it won't change jack shit.

Now, IF he tries to put some sort of nationalized federal background check in place it will die a swift death. Why? Because it will include a national gun registry and the only reason to have that is to keep track of who has what so when Ubama bans scary black rifles he can show up and say "Gimme". And if'n you don't turn it over you go to jail. Welcome to the Soviet Union.

Again, the extreme left cannot bring themselves to even discuss reasoned, moderate steps to try to reduce the odds of wackos getting guns. And the extreme right won't either. It's bidness as usual.

And guess what, liberals and democrats?? Guess what your Savior is doing? Since there's no way in hell these orders will take effect any time soon, or perhaps even before Ubama leaves office, all he's doing is driving people to the gun stores to buy up a shit ton of guns before "they dirker derrr!!!!" So instead of trying to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, Ubama is ensuring that several more weapons will be purchased by stupid fucks that have absolutely zero firearms experience, don't own safes, don't know how to use the weapons, can't be trusted to lock them up, don't understand how their firearms function, and probably can't even load it unless the chick behind the gun store counter shows them before they walk out the door with their new accidental/negligent discharge device. So yay for Ubama.

I swear to Baby Jesus, even French Canada isn't this fucking stupid. I guess I'm gonna have to get into politics so I can solve this fucking problem. Von - fire up the Halen Buggy - we're going to Washington!!!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Other than the Stanley Cup, Tim Horton's is the best thing we've ever bitch slapped Canada, and taken from them!

Absolutely, but the fuckers closed the two Timmy's that were on base here locally, the bastards !!

At least I was able to grab some back home a couple weeks ago when my mother passed....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

At least I was able to grab some back home a couple weeks ago when my mother passed....
                    Every cloud has a silver lining, but this is a very weird sentence, VA.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Absolutely, but the fuckers closed the two Timmy's that were on base here locally, the bastards !!

Damn dude, sorry to hear about your Mom. My condolences.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Damn dude, sorry to hear about your Mom. My condolences.

Thanks, fairly sudden thing. Four weeks from cancer diagnosis to death, happened that quick.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

So sorry, Va.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Thanks, fairly sudden thing. Four weeks from cancer diagnosis to death, happened that quick.
                            Condolences. My mom died three days after she was diagnosed with cancer. She had been sick for a couple months but she claimed she had an ulcer and was being treated for it. Found out later she wasn't when I confronted her regular doctor. I guess she was just tired of living.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sorry for ya Va, been there. never easy, no matter how quick or slow....
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Facts are so fucking annoying!

Comment

Working...